Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staying Power in Combat

It was bound to happen...Running to Corvus the other night I bumped into some ogres. Specifically Tempest Ogres. Got hit with Squall IV and Squall V for 272-436 PIERCE damage.

I guess I need to check the critters again and see what other changes they've snuck in on us. I'll try to get it done in the next couple of weeks.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: Staying Power in Combat

Even seven years later, the OP has a very informative and useful post, along with the other player comments.

even with 95% of what the OP stated being correct. one major issue seems to be missed in this conversation. that being: you need to choose the correct race, and the correct class, that best suits your playing style. it can make a total difference in staying alive, or being buried. if you can not properly play a class, all the def, wards, health or otherwise, won't keep you alive in most major battles. Choose carfully, and follow up with appropriate supporting classes, if you choose to Multi-class. all depending on your style.

Just food for thought

That being said, i add that it was a great post, and well thought out.

I based my 'ped development on Kwinn's posts as well with the intention of making my ped an awesome battlemage.
    The only thing that made me play a mystic (reaver/cleric for example) more than an arcanist (battlemage) was the fact that the later lacked enhances/ressurescts.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information