Thread: Mage/wizard/Sorc?

Baldin Sharpstone

Default Mage/wizard/Sorc?

I'm thinking about creating a magic using char with the purposeof doing the max amount of damage. Should i go for mage to 100 or Wizard or sorc or whatever?[^o)]
    If anyone has any advice for such a template, plz tell me

Orzox

Default Re: Mage/wizard/Sorc?

Aye, I would be interested in that info too!

Kafka

Mage has the highest dps in the game when facing multible mobs as they can chainbomb with ice, energy and flame bombs. To top it off, they get fusion burn and multicast. So if you only want the class with the highest dps, choose mage.

Drewid

Mage has it has down. One day the Wizards will take the seat as most damaging mage class. And then, perhaps, the game.

Elkandriel

yea Mage gets 10 power per lvl also so that damage transfers really well when multiclassing :).

Certainly can't speak for the other schools you are interested in, but Sorcerer is definitely not designed to be a damage dealer..[;)]
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

When you say max damage do you mean to a single target or multiple targets?

The nice thing about casters is we can throw a lot of AoE bombs, but most of the time as soon as you do the entire spawn says, "You look delicious, I will use your cloth armor as a napkin after tear you to pieces." My solution to this is dwarven toughness and eventually bringing KNoC to 100 so I can nuke to my heart's content behind plate armor.

If you just want to do damage to a single target, get some wiz for energy/power and either conj or mage for ice. This way you can keep a near perpetual stun/bind going and just zap your target with energy bolts which won't be degraded due to the flame resistance added by binding crystals.

If you take conj to 90 (I think) you'll be able to master multicast 2 which is nice and as a wizard you'll have access to pulsing spectrum which is just lovely[:D].

Mage however gets fusion burn which should not be overlooked. As soon as I finish wiz I'll be working my mage[:D].

I hope this helps, but as you can see I'm not so great at making decisions so I'm going for a little of everything[;)].

BTW... Don't underestimate the importance of healer or clrc. None of the casting schools have good gains in focus. Now that I'm 100 healer that's some 400 odd training points I can take out of focus putinto power and I don't have to worry about my binds missing. When you are wearing cloth armor you want your binds/stuns to hit consistently, it will save your butt when you get unwanted adds.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Now granted I am not in-game to make sure, but my AoEs (flame/ice bomb) are useless to me as a Scout, as I cannot cast them. Are you sure these types of spells are usable by KNOCs in their armor? Just curious..
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

Boryon

IIRC, KNOCs can cast all spells a mage can. They can certainly cast all the flame spells.

Boryon

Knoc's can cast any arcane (elemental) spell, ie: ice/fire/energy, and mind spells as well.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Nelos

Hello

Have not played this game in over 6 months (before the take over) but i used to have a very lovely 100 mage.

at that time they were one of the best classes in game:

- huge dps both solo and group mobs PLUS
    - good roots and mezzes which essentially makes you immune to solo mobs after around lvl 30 or so (they cant get close enough to hit you)

as long as they havnt nerfed binding crystals and numbing haze by putting the differenttiers on the same timers you will be unstoppable, trust me.

i got to lvl 100 mage with virtually no multiclassing (lvl 30 cleric at the end, mostly for buffs) and it was relatively interesting to play (quite a few different strategies available at higher level).

be warned though - the first 20 -30 lvls or so can be quite tough while you build up your spell arsenal.

hope this persuades you. Mages rock.

oh and PS - never use bolts, they are such a waste of potential.

Nelos
    ex lvl 100
    ex ICE shard

Dont know if anyone even reads these boards anymore but.
    Since ROP patch they nerfed spellbind area spellbind binding crystals and Ice Shackels.
    I was working the Aug Minesbefore the patch quarrying granit.
    Came back one day to mine some nickel so I could make some steel bars and was just getting my nads kicked.
    After accumulating 6 or seven death points I quit playing posted about it only to find that all this time these spells were unbreakable.
    They fixed them back to the way were meant to work.
    I must say now my level 43 Sorcerer is a joke.
    I cant kill a lvl 43 nickel golum.
    It was fun before, and if I got 2 on my arse I would be in trouble.
    It took alot of kills to get to thenext level even whacking them 3 levels prior to now.
    I cant work on my buildings now cause my bind spells suck so bad I cant get past the golums with my disk.
    So leveling in tandem with the same level resource mobsis out.
    Now Ill have to go somewhere level up on some other **************** lowlevel mobs and come back to finish my granit and steel work
    Thus making adventuring in this game just a means to get my resources.
    Im going back to Mage I guess maybe I can just hammer the crap out of em before they get to me.
    Good job!!
    Theres no Icon for this one (,)

Thread Information