Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoard Items...Give em a coin value?

Default Hoard Items...Give em a coin value?

I know this is gonna get me flamed unmercifully but...anyway,

I hunt a lot, it's about all I do in the game. My toon is a biped and I don't have nor do I want a dragon alt. That being said, after resources, the single most frequently dropped item I see, is a hoard item.

As dragons compose some 1/3 to 1/2 of player base, or so I'm told, why is it that hoard items should only be of use to them? Every loot drop I can think of can think of can either be used or pawned by dragons. Not so for the poor lowly bipeds. I percieve this as a double standard, make it good for the dragons, leave bipeds the leftovers.

I submit a couple of minor changes to hoard items would be only fair. As hoard items are so readily available, they are worthless to sell to dragons. Or at worst, they draw offers that do not reflect the risk the biped encountered killing the mobs that dropped them.

Therefore, I propose giving hoard items a pawn value equivalent to other loot items of a like tier. Or make them deconstructable, then the resources can be pawned or used for other projects. Or better yet, both. Give hoard items a pawn value and make em deconstuctable.

I await the onslaught...
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Erm, have you ever tried selling them on Consigners?

Currently (on unity) i'm buying all hoardables for reasonable prices - as i want my drag to be prepared, once the levelcap should be raised (and as i don't know what to do with the lots of cash).

Reasonable: 1.000 HV = 500cc

give them to a friendly dragon, or put them on a consigner for a reasonable price. problem solved.

That's Kwinn's point...Hoardables are so common you can't give them away, much less sell them...
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

I think they need a pawn value or something else, there are too many dragons that have the opinion that biped can't do anything else with them, so they refuse to pay... it needs to change.

I always saved 'em up and gave them to a guild dragon.... And with some dragons so busy laircrafting these days, their hunting time is limited.

I never minded not being able to use everything that dropped, although the resource thing got to be a bit much.

When I am playing my dragon I never turn down a free hoard offer (unless I am hunting, but even then I will offer to pick them up afterwards.) If you just go up to a dragon bring up the trade window, put the hoard items in it and click accept. I am sure you will be thanked, not told I don't want any of that stuff. Also as others have mentioned you can always consign the hoard items. I normally see them going from 1/2 to 1 copper per hoard point.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

I also agree that they should be given a Pawn value.

I have several times offered them at the going rate, even offered them a 1/2 the going rate. No one wants to buy.

My assumption then is that Dragons no longer desire or have so much that they are no longer willing to pay for Hoard.

The first is obviously wrong because Hoard is always needed for Dragons. For their RoP and abilities. The second is disturbing. If they are no longer willing to pay then why should I use my time and effort so a Dragon can have a freebie.

As far as putting them on a Connie. Why should I possibly lose the 10% coin for the consignment fee on the off chance that a Dragon will buy the Hoard. If even offering Hoard at the 1/4 rate of exchange on the MarketPlace channel does not get me even one reply, I feel that it may not sell on the connies either. 1 million plus Hoard is a lot to be gambling on by putting it on a connie.

I am almost to the point that I should just dump all the Hoard I get and not even try to offer anymore.

Please give a coin value to Hoard so I may pawn, only after I offer it up to the Market of course.

Strange that no one would want them. Give them away?

Does everything HAVE to give you a coin benefit?

I buy hoard at 3 hoard value per 1 copper. Seller gives me the stash i write down before and after hoard levels... amount of change /3 = value in coppers. It's not hard to figure out. I prefer to buy it at ~ 1 million or more amounts. Be realistic, it;s not worth the portal fees to buy a 12,800 hoard piece.

Just hang onto them then sell all at once. if you stick with hunting t5 and t6, and since hoard items stack in inventory, it's not even that big of a deal to lug them around.

FYI. the items CAN be consigned. take the hoardvalue, divide it by 4, and list it. I'd be really suprised if it fell back to vault. use the Dralk consignor.

Port to New Trismus, put on 2 week consigner for coin = hoard/3 (or 4), announcment in Dragon, and should be gone within a few days.

Not much effort.

Besides, what do you think dragons do with logs and unspun flax and potatoes and other uncraftable resources? And they are bulkier than hoard items so have a bit more consideration.

Edit: And if hoard items are so plentiful then there is a larger problem, however the developers have ignored the fact that hoard items drop too much - certainly the "looted from dragon crypts" lore doesn't explain it.
    Last edited by Jaraiden; May 2nd, 2006 at 06:23 PM.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Bipeds say hoard drops too often. Dragons say that hoard drops are too low. It's all perspective.

I think blighted items and forms are utterly useless crap that deserves nothing more than instant and immediate destruction. Does that mean all that blighted crap should be removed from the loot tables?

No. It means I don't like blighted crap.

Just because you have no use for something, or refuse to use something, doesn't mean it should be changed or removed.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I never could understand the Hoard / Coin value thing when putting up on Connies...

I go out.... hunt the high hoard dropping mobs (you all should know who they are by now) and collect a small treasure trove in about 1/2 hour.

One day I was extremely lucky and got about 250K in hoard for my 1/2 hour of work... but I have hungry mouths to feed and never even thought of "selling" them on consignments.

One day, an old guild friend was offering me 3:1 on hoard... 3sp per 1000 hoard. Rediculous I thought! I have seen 1200 hoard items for 1sp or less on the kion connie. But I guess to each his / her own.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

is there any logical reason why a dragon pawnbroker won't buy hoard items?

Ahhh one more really old complaint raises it's head in a slightly modified form.

My dragon gets a TON of crap he can't use. Biped blighted crap, resources which can only be used in biped crafting schools, etc. I delete it or don't loot it at all. Sure it could in theory be pawned but it's not worth the trouble what with it's bulk and low value.

You make it sound like it's some horrible inconvenience for a mob to drop something you can't use. Just delete the stuff or don't loot it in the first place.

And since we're on the subject, it wouldn't hurt to increase the drop rate of hoardables for most mobs either.

Hoard sells on choas on the Aug connie at 2hv:1cp or 3hv:1cp really quickly. The people that have trouble selling it are those that charge 1hv:1cp or 0.5hv:1cp.

If you have at least 500k hoard you want to sell on chaos at 3hv:1cp i'll buy it straight away :P

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Ahhh one more really old complaint raises it's head in a slightly modified form.

My dragon gets a TON of crap he can't use. Biped blighted crap, resources which can only be used in biped crafting schools, etc. I delete it or don't loot it at all. Sure it could in theory be pawned but it's not worth the trouble what with it's bulk and low value.

You make it sound like it's some horrible inconvenience for a mob to drop something you can't use. Just delete the stuff or don't loot it in the first place.

And since we're on the subject, it wouldn't hurt to increase the drop rate of hoardables for most mobs either.
    Typical dragon point of view :/
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    hmmm.... not too smart then.

I for one have been buying T5 "blighted crap" for 3sp/10K HV each,
    in bulk quantities.
    Got Cowbell?

A gold rage VII costs us 640 hoard each use. At your 1:1 pay scale it is 640 copper for every use of gold rage. We tend to use it alot unless really conservative.

As per the hoard thing i wouldn't mind it if bipeds could use hoard. Let it fuel their abilities .

that would be nice... a bunch of low cost 1 hit kill abilities

Thread Information