Thread: Elemental Archer Spirit Arrow does not do real spirit damage

Default Elemental Archer Spirit Arrow does not do real spirit damage

Im playing Elemental Archer at the moment, and doing the quest for the burning archer.. all seemed fine untill i had to kill beetles.

Harden Shell DOES reduce the damage these spirit arrows do, in my view that is not real spirit damage these arrows do with that ability... a normal spirit bolt goes through this Harden Shell...

Am i to use spirit bolt anyway even though i have spirit arrows?
    I hope this was not intended but a bug since it seems pretty lame.

Spirit Arrows does spirit damage, not ethereal damage. Spirit Damage isn't always ethereal damage, its ethereal damage that ignores normal armor, not spirit damage.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Spirit bolts do ethereal damage?

Spirit bolts are ethereal, while the theft of lifes are not. Spirit is a damage type, not a method to avoid armour, that is the job of ethereal.

Well, I'm completely lost. Can someone explain the whole Spirit/Ethereal thing in simple to understand terms please?

Spirit is a damage type, just like flame, ice, mind, pierce, crush, slash.. etc.

Ethereal is one of two methods of damage. Regular hits affect armour, ethereal hits affect etheral armour and bypass normal armour

*mind boggles*. still lost.

There are 2 Modes Of Damage Normal and Ethereal. Normal Damage is blocked by Armour. Ethereal Is blocked by Ethereal Armour, that can only be gotten from buffs and maybe abilities.(that I know of)

Then there are Types of Damage Spirit, Flame, Blight, Mind, Life, Ice, and Primal.

An attack has a Mode and a Type. 90% of attacks are Normal Mode any Type. The last 10% are Ethereal MODE any Type but these all state they are Ethereal. If you look at Spirit Bolt it says Spirit Damage and also Ethereal. So it is Mode Ethereal Type Spirit. Thief of Life just Says it is Spirit Damage so it is Mode Normal Type Spirit. Another example is Fusion Burn, (I am pretty sure it does the following, if wrong please correct me) It is an Ability that turns all Flame Spells for a duration to Mode Ethereal. So a Fire Bolt goes from Mode Normal Type Fire to Mode Ethereal Type Fire for as long as Fusion Burn is active.

I hope that helps a little. Basicly unless you see Ethereal in the discription some where it is not Ethereal and there for will not bypass Armour.

The damage types are also used to determine which wards and resistances apply to the damage calculation. Actually, I think that's the only thing they're used for.

The question is - is an ethereal fire attack still affected by fire resistance?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

yes.. it should be affected by resistances.

I just dont like when im doing the burning archer quest and have to hunt alot of beetles i find myself forced using spirit bolt at them while i have spirit arrows. that just dont make sence.

You aren't forced to use them.. you can wait out their hardened shell with lightning arrows too.

Exactly A00.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information