Thread: Fish

Default Fish

Being a baby Confectioner, I feel ignorant.

Is there a "refined" fish resource, or can you only make direct food stuffs from it? Is there any value to catching fish from an experience point of view, other than mass producing of Fish Stew or something?

Like the idea of fishing, just wonder what the prevailing wisdoms says.

Thanks
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Default Re: Fish

Well fish oils are part of your formula base eventually they will be used again
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Rajha Shrha

I am a 35 confectioner, here is what I have found.

Most foods require some kind of meat. Fish is by far the easiest to gather in abundance and with the least effort (once you find the locations of the schools). You don't have to chase them down. You don't have to kill them.And you get a good sized haul from each school. Also, some recipes require fewer fish than, say, chicken or beef.

To level, find the food for which you are at the optimal skill level, and make the fish version.

Fish oils used to be used inall the dough forms currrently they arent.I would expect to see them back in the future plus in the past one of the guards wanted some oil for his blade. It was a comment not a quest sadly i think it was supposed to be a quest but they never added the quest to him
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

If trying to level up confectioner. Go with the veggie soups. They are the easiest to gather and make, the exp is the same as for the meat/fish versions,and the PB pays more for them than the meat/fish versions ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn
    If trying to level up confectioner. Go with the veggie soups. They are the easiest to gather and make, the exp is the same as for the meat/fish versions,and the PB pays more for them than the meat/fish versions [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    I've reached level 90 confectioner, and the soups are becoming a strain on the experience... So I decided to go for beef jerky, failing to remember how tedious it can be to only get 25 beef from a cow or such like [:)] I'm going to stick with the advice in this thread and consider fish based foods - mainly due to the higher experience gains from the meat/fish-based products.

Would be nice to see fish oil used, I use it a lot in real life for stir-fries, and quite a few other dishes. That quest for fish oil for the guard's blade would be good too, but then there are many possible quests that could be introduced and are based upon requiring various crafted goods - let's hope that more of these possible quests are included [:)]

Thread Information