Thread: Healer & TP's

Default Healer & TP's

I'm trying to figure out where to put my TP's as a Healer class. I figure the obvious choice is to max my focus, as it improves my heals (and possibly other things - Jewelcrafting? Magic Resist?). That leaves me loads of TP's.

Next I look at my skills, Life & Augmentation. I get Augmentation up to the required level of 10 points/level in order to learn spells as soon as possible. I checked my Life skill, which is already over the 10points/level requirement for spell learning.

Having talked to some people in game, it would appear that there is no point in taking these skills over 10/level as there is no benefit at all (no increased stat boost from buffs, no increased heals). That leaves me in a bit of a pickle, as there aren't really very many other places to put my TP's. My first thoughts were to add some to my Strength stat, as this should give me a little more DPS for soloing (or just helping!) as well as increasing my mining, smelting and armourcraft skills which are my current class.

Any thoughts on this from other Healers? Where would you put your points?

20 in Augmentation so you can cast your Augment spells as soon as you meet the level requirement. Then some in Life so you can cast 2x/3x teched heals as soon as you reach the appropriate level. After that then examine your other adventure schools and see where you need training point usage there.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

do teched heals require higher skill to cast then?

at the moment, i dont have any other adventure schools. should i save my TP's in case I multi-class?

If you are going pure healer and soloing, then look at your one hand crush skill, if you are going to be multiclassing and soloing you might want to look into beefing up nature, or something that you can cast.
    Teched heals require more life skill than non-teched, but with 11 life/lvl that isn't a huge issue with the healer class. Your training points are able to be bought back and rearranged (slowly) so if you make a mistake, don't worry and try something else.

Just FYI, MOST folks will multiclass a mage class like Spiritist or Druid (both of which can cast the full line of 'heal') as opposed to using the OHCrush skill as their main means of damage. This allows you to capitalize on the 10 focus you get as a healer instead of having to dedicate points to STR and DEX. As Seran said, put 20 points into Augmentation to make up for the 20 levels of cleric and you are done with Aug. A LITTLE extra in life won't hurt, the rest can be spent on however you do damage (as AA0 said).

-HratLi

Well, the one reason to put TPs to Life when you're already getting 11/per level is higher healing. I've no idea just how much say 10 extra points to Life will improve your average heal, only the devs' word that it affects the outcome. About 30-40% of my Healer alt's TPs are in Life.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

To whom it may concern

Just my 2 cents some may agree some may argue however I put TPS into Evasion and Health. With just a little taken from Health for Nature and Aug. I am also multiclassed with Pally, Druid, Monk, Warrior, Sorcerer, Wizard, and a little mage although ill denie it.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Quote Originally Posted by Ssing
    do teched heals require higher skill to cast then?

at the moment, i dont have any other adventure schools. should i save my TP's in case I multi-class?
    yes, teched heals require higher Life to cast.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

a lvl 100 healer will be able to cast any teched healing spell, provided it uses the strongest of the heal recycle line (t3). They end up with 1080 life as a base and that will allow them to cast a lvl 95 spell with two t5 techs and one t3 tech.

Xarog I may have missed it but what L95 Heal is there? I'm reasonably certain that there are L92 and L97 heals, but thats beside the point. You will need to use TP to be able to cast, on time, the highest teched heals for any specific level.

Example 1, Imp Rev 3, L50 spell, teched with Heal Rec 3 and Heal Inc 3 would means you need a 560 base life, a L50 Healer with NO TP would only have a base life of 530.

Example 2, Major Health 5, L97 spell, teched with Heal Increase 5, Heal Rec 3, and Cleanse 3, would mean you'd need a base of 1080 life, a L97 Healer would only have base life of 1047.

Thus the need for minor expeditures of TP to cast teched spells on time. Now, certainly if you dont care about casting a certain spell as soon as its available and/or if you dont care about the teching of a spell then of course you have no need for TP then.
    Last edited by Seranthor; May 3rd, 2006 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks for the great replies all. I think I'll likely hang on to some TP's for when I want to multi-class, stick some in Life (not too many though ), max my focus, and get my Aug into the right place.

sorted.

D'oh. I meant level 90 spell. And I clean forgot about the 'health' line of spells.

This is a good reason not to post within 10 minutes of waking up...

Thread Information