Thread: Map Pack Problem

Default Map Pack Problem

I'm having problems with the Map Pack v3.2. For some reason, it was working fine, then after patching I can no longer see the full selection of buttons down the left side It also appears to have automatically disabled the resource button so now no resources appear on my Map.

Here is an image of it currently:

ive tried reinstalling the map, and the game to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by Ssing
    ive tried reinstalling the map, and the game to no avail
    as mentioned, I have tried reinstalling the map on numerous occasions but it didnt work. also having the same problem on the other PC.

it wouldnt be too bad, but its the resources that are missing

ive found a "patch" to get the resources back on the map, but still no button:

C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\interface\maps\I staria\map.def

change:

UI_MAP_CUSTOM_LAYER
    {
    string LayerName = "Resources"
    string LayerDef = "map_istaria_resource.def"
    string LayerGraphic = "map_marker_gather.png"

to:

UI_MAP_CUSTOM_LAYER
    {
    string LayerName = "Resources"
    string LayerDef = "map_istaria_resource.def"
    string LayerGraphic = "map_marker_gather.png"
    bool Hidable = false

tried both version with the same problem.

mappath string is correct. i also tried changing it back to normal, then reinstalling and switching it again.

yes, yes yes & yes on both PC's. very strange.

Ok, do this.

1. Get the *ZIP* version of either pack here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=10681

2. Unpack it *outside* your HZ directory, go into the directory you unpacked it to, so you see two directories "resources" and "resources_override"

3. Move the resources dir into the resources_override dir.

4. Go into the resources_override dir and move the interface dir into the resources dir. The resulting path should be \resources_override\resources\interface

5. Copy/move the resources_override dir into your HZ dir, and make sure the old mappack interface dir isn't still there.

6. Update your prefs file to read "resources_override/resources/interface... etc"

This is what I have done and it works like a charm. If you get a blank map window in-game, you didn't change the prefs file path to the correct location. You won't have to reinstall after a patch either.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Sahsi

I have been having the same issue as you, Ssing. Thanks tramsan, going to see if that fixes the problem.

Thread Information