Thread: UI suggestions

Default UI suggestions

it would be cool if had the options to use a more different UI's instead of a plain default UI that we currently have. like one for each class like forest style UI for rangers and druids and a UI filled with a skeleton background for reavers and spiritist and one for the dragons for example. Or the option to use a customized UI.

you can also try my UI mods also, and the ones kumu linked are there to. just click the link in my sig to be taken to my goody collection of mods

W O W!

those are very beautiful UI's, Icons, ect. a job well done for those who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    you can also try my UI mods also, and the ones kumu linked are there to. just click the link in my sig to be taken to my goody collection of mods
    Blue... I've been to your site and have never seen a UI mod there. What am I missing. I see skins for the launcher, the hoard thingy, the dye thingy and the thing for BoF, but no UI mods.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn
    Blue... I've been to your site and have never seen a UI mod there. What am I missing. I see skins for the launcher, the hoard thingy, the dye thingy and the thing for BoF, but no UI mods.
    He has a next button, I think the UI mods are about the 3rd page.

I love the idea of the mods you've collected/done Blue. Would love it though if the page would give you more idea on what the mod actually did or a screenshot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndic
    He has a next button, I think the UI mods are about the 3rd page.

I love the idea of the mods you've collected/done Blue. Would love it though if the page would give you more idea on what the mod actually did or a screenshot or something.

I really need to find time to fix the Info buttons, ever since the boards came here all the info buttons links went dead since they pointed to the old forum board

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker
    W O W!

those are very beautiful UI's, Icons, ect. a job well done for those who made them.
    Thankyou

Blue, how about making a non-Flash site? It would be zillions of times easier to maintain and cause less consternation for the visitors. Flash only causes complications. A non-Flash site can be just as pretty as any Flash, so that's not a reason either.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

im not that great at html thats why I work with flash it is a lot easier for me, very little coding involved. and a flash site is pretty easy to maintain, and upkeep, but atm I need to spend ever min i got on school work and my intern jobs i have

I also have some UI mods up and have links in the Customization forums.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    im not that great at html thats why I work with flash it is a lot easier for me, very little coding involved. and a flash site is pretty easy to maintain, and upkeep, but atm I need to spend ever min i got on school work and my intern jobs i have
    In nearly 13 or so years of writing HTML and helping people with it, you're the first I've seen that claims flash is easier than HTML to use and code.

Well, here's a quick HTML lesson to show you how simple an unordered list is.

If you just want to have a list of things to download, and from experience, people aren't interested in pretty pictures or animated menus when they look for a file, then having a simple unordered list is a no-brainer.

People gave up being ooh-aahed by Flash sometime around 1999.

This is how I've done it on my site. Change URL and filenames to suit.

<ul>
    <li><a href="/media/uu01.mid">1</a></li>
    <li><a href="/media/uu02.mid">2</a></li>
    <li><a href="/media/uu03.mid">3</a></li>
    <li><a href="/media/uu04.mid">4</a></li>
    <li><a href="/media/uu05.mid">5</a></li>
    </ul>

A lot of people see flash only sites, give them a virtual one-up and go somewhere else. I know you probably don't care, but if you want people to have your stuff, you'll make it as easy as possible for them to get it. Especially if you take pride in it.

Usability is king.

Edit: formatting

Thread Information