Thread: Map Marker Update

Default Map Marker Update

The following is an update to map marker files for Cobol mappak (can be used with any pak that uses resources_ovveride directory). The files have been culled for duplicates spellchecked and sorted.

I have added several new marker files that allow quick marker replacements without leaving game that further reduce markers for npcs and make searchs easier.

There are links on http://www.bedtrick.com/horizons.htm to the zip file to download along with easy install directions and descriptions of files.

Thank You
    Last edited by Katscratch; May 23rd, 2006 at 04:52 PM.

perfect

thanks very much for the update

cobals mappack installer cant be updated?

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch
    The following is an update to map marker files for Cobol mappak (can be used with any pak that uses resources_ovveride directory). The files have been culled for duplicates spellchecked and sorted.

I have added several new marker files that allow quick marker replacements without leaving game that further reduce markers for npcs and make searchs easier.

There are links on http://www.bedtrick.com/horizons.htm to the zip file to download along with easy install directions and descriptions of files.

Thank You
    There's a downloads section now on the front page with a submissions section. If you are so inclined?

Well not sure if its the install instructions or detail in the file but for some reason this update only seems to stuff up the map. instead of all the map sections being joined it makes like a checker board layout of the map.

noticed that the summit reccource fields are not noted in this

Quote Originally Posted by Syndic
    instead of all the map sections being joined it makes like a checker board layout of the map.
    That's not a problem specific to the map marker def file but a glitch with the map pack in general. usually quitting out, restarting the computer and coming back in is enough to resolve the issue. Sometimes you need to uninstall the map pack, restart, and install the map pack again (with this after it if you choose).

EDIT: After yesterday's patch, many people had the checkerboard maps again. It was discovered that the location of the pref file changed. You no longer need to change each individual player's pref file, but instead change the file Horizons install > prefs > ClientPrefs_Common so that the line at the bottom:
    string mapPath = "resources/interface/maps"
    becomes
    string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps"
    and you should be all set
    Last edited by Oakleif; June 15th, 2006 at 11:41 AM.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Default Files Updated and description of Map Marker Tooltips

I have updated the files again to reflect change in standardization of tooltips and removal of more duplicate markers.

Tooltips are the text you see when mouse hovers over marker and what is used to search for markers.

Resources--> iron kenaf topaz are labeled as what they are (no tier indicators) as such search for kenaf will still locate Kenaf Port but there is notheing that can be done about that.

NPCs--> the NPC file NPCs minus Trainers, Pawnbrokers, Consignors, Vaultkeepers, and many of the Dragon Trainers. (There are files that can be temporarily loaded in while online to replace this default setup) I did this to reduce current marker set because of the sheer number and because it seemed to me that searches for the ones not in current set would be fewer in number and they are still available if needed.
    Normal npcs have their full name or as much of it as I know Named Mobs are labeled in the form Named T1/Lvl 5 Badguy/HP 123 or ??? where level and hp are not known to me. Searches are very easy for a given tier just search for Named T5 or whatever.
    If you load in the Trainers file NPCs are labeled in Form Carpenter Trainer/<Name> so you can just search for carpenters.
    If you load in Commerce NPCs are labeled in Form Vaulkeeper/<name>
    I haven't gone through dragon npcs yet

Crafting Machines--> are labeled differently in towns and in the field.
    In Town they are in form Dalimond Machines <Machine>
    In Field they are in form T2 Smelter/T2 Anvil indicating the machine is located near tier 1 resources and that both machines are at location. This reduces the number of markers needed and allows searches for machines that are near resources. I plan to add some markers for machines on plots that have good locations near fields that I will probably add plot owners name to marker tooltip.

Enjoy and Thank You

Thread Information