Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do not want people to play?

Operator

Default Do not want people to play?

Perhaps there is an error in the registration process; but I and others have been unable to complete the registration for the last 2 days.

Any help? Browser is up to date, no virus/pop up blockers, etc.

Operator

No luck using a different browser...frustrating.

Without details as to what part of the registration process you are getting hung up on, there isn't much advice that can be offered.

Operator

The part where you click finish and complete the process. Never completes, for firefox says the server timed out; for IE; it goes to the default not found page.

A major channel for CC processing was having difficulty yesterday late afternoon early evening. If the tandem network is still having trouble today you may want to trade emails with them vs clicking the submit/finish button more than once. Basicly you may have more than one CC/debitCC transaction waiting to batch/settle out. Depends if the authorizations were able to be obtained. Good luck!

Operator

I think I've tried no less than 12 times; so I'll call up my CC company and sort things out if they've received several auths.

Hell of a way to get introduced to the game.

Operator

The good news is that the charges did not go through. Sad though, as we wanted to get on together this weekend and play.

Perhaps another day.

Operator

Still no deal for us today. In total, we have 6 players waiting to try to play this game. Is there any way to notify the staff that there seems to be an issue with their registration process?

We'll check back in a week; hopefully we'll see you in game!

The best thing to do, if you know how to IRC, is to go to irc.istaria.com port 6660 and join #horizons during normal business hours for....er, Mountain or Pacific time zone, I forget. Usually can find a dev or four hanging out in there. If it is an issue that is affecting a lot of people, they might be able to get things fixed fast. Especially if you can give them a lot of information. If not, email the support staff. [email protected], I believe.

mappam

Support??

I emailed Support last week - I keep "going in circles"

Login says no account
    Registration says Name Already Taken

I have tried and tried to get this to work - I have emailed support - Nothing from anyone.

How is Support usually????

mappam

Thanks Kuma - I just heard from Support - I forgot all about E3!

Moved to the support forum.

Operator

Still unable to log in, no email back from support....

I have reviewed your thread Operator, but I cant find the information where you are EU or NA. Certainly that will have an affect on your source of support.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Operator

North America-Sent email to support, no response either.

Tried different credit cards, tried different browsers, different people try both from work and at home...and still can't complete the registration form. It lets you get all the way to the end where you click Finish and then it seems like it's processing for 2 mins or so; then the page times out.

Operator

Truthfully, I'm disappointed in that if this is impacting several people..and no one knows...then how many are not getting signed up? How long has it been happening? That's the really frightening part; that it could have been weeks and the devs/horizon's staff are none the wiser.

Not receiving a response from support after several days is also just bewildering...who's minding the business?

Operator,
    We suggest you follow these instructions to get your browser working properly:
    https://horizons.istaria.com/help.aspx
    Please use IE 5.5 or later in order to create a Horizons Account.
    If you could also please PM me the email address that you are attempting to open the account with, i will look into this issue further for you.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Operator

Tried those instructions and no dice. The specific message received is:

"The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. "

On every PC I have tried this on, from work, home, cafe, friend's house, laptops. We're up to date on all the latest upgrades/versions for IE, etc. it times out each time at https://horizons.istaria.com/trial_s...px?refe=TUGALC

Sending you a PM with email addy.

Operator

You registered another account with a credit card and went through the complete registration process?

It's happening to all of us (now up to 10 people trying); on various browsers, up to date IE, using the correct settings.

There is no issue with the link, we all can go there. It's the very last step of the process (clicking finish) that times out for everyone.

Operator

No go. Went to the web page and followed the instructions there; opened up the correct ports to troubleshoot, ensured no other applications would interfere.

Repeated for 3 more computers inside and outside of the network, acquired another friends laptop and tried it there; same result: Session times out after submitting click.

None of us can complete the registration process. If you can confirm you've had new subscribers since the date of my post; I'd feel like I wasn't crazy with this extensive testing this for thing long

Thread Information