Thread: Healer Aggro

Default Healer Aggro

I've noticed since my return and re-creating my Healer of Olde, that I seem to be getting a lot more aggro from mobs than usual when in group combat situations. The current status appears to be:

Tank pulls
    Tank takes damage
    Healer heals
    Mobs turn on Healer
    Healer gets pounded for the rest of the fight.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or something the "Tank" should be doing that they arent? Or is the Healer the new HZ Tank?

The healer is the new tank. There has been a lot of discussion on the new agro rules. For instance they won't always run to the person who did damage, they might run right for the weakest party members, or randomly switch targets. There is no real 'tank' any more that can hold a monsters interest for long. EDIT: Or more interesting is that they will run for the weakest person in ANOTHER group! :O

What I usually do when I try to draw agro from a monster is drop a big heal on someone Alternately you need to wait for the tank to pour on more damage for a longer time, then drop small heals at first and slowly put more healing onto them. That works most of the time until the 'random target switch' kicks in.

-HratLi

yes, healers just can't heal endlessly.. .you got to learn a proper balance now, and make sure your tank can keep the attention of the mob. There is a large system and weight of agro now, just takes some learning.

Also get your tank to use his abilities that draw aggro (interpose, Defend other etc.)
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

I saw that in a group of 3/4 chars, the healer is always the one attacked, but he can just heal continuosly and the other kill all the mobs!

That's how i made 100 mage and healer!
    Paolo - Kenpa - Unity shard
    Guild "I protettori dell'antico codice"
    100 Paladin - Reaver - Mage - Druid - Healer - Spiritist - Conjurer / currently building Guardian
    Many Dragon's eye-teeths on his Zealot

Shudian Gun - Unity Shard
    True lunus making its A.R.o.P.
    57M of hoard (thanks to Paolo )

Thread Information