Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revised Race Lore

Whee, finally some Lore writeups!

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Does it matter now? All races have come together to fight against the WA, what little differences they have are focused into their destruction.
    I think it matters quite a bit and should not only be included, but highlighted. A common enemy might make allies, but it doesn't put all differences aside. For example U.S. and the Soviet Union were allies during WW2.

It is conflict that makes a story interesting and its a civilizations passions and conflicts that generally define them in history and inspires people who learn about them. Fiends and Dragons stand out in the race lore because of this and the others are made to seem bland by comparison. Ideally I think each race's story should be intriguing enough to make you want to learn more and maybe take part in that civilization's story.

Sweeeeet, something to work with...<Rubs hands together excitedly>
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Is this old lore you speak of about the Saris, Half-Giants and Elves? I assume so since you mention a timeline which is being reworked. As was said in another thread somewhere (possibly in the Order section, I don't recall where now)...most of what had been previously published in the "beta-version" strategy guide and online pretty much became out of date at the time of release or sometime before.

Perhaps it was their original intent for Saris to have been once sold as slaves and raped by Half-Giants (when this was going to be a PvP game), maybe it's not relevant to the game now and which is why there was no mention of it in the race description.

Furthermore, the timeline is being reworked as it was also said that it is severely out of date. So what you know now of the timeline or knew of lore long ago, is not what it's going to be once everything is rewritten. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

There is already a new time line up with the slaver info in it that was posted a day or two after this. It is linked in the section of the forms also. All the slaver talk in this thread refers to that thread I am pretty sure.

Oh I like the description of the gnomes

What I have learned about my race is that we seem to be fascinated by smallness and see this as a thing of beauty (you might have heard of an ill-conceived wedding attempt between a half-giant and a gnome, but I'm not going to dwell on that). This might be mentioned. Or not.

What might as well be noted is something I see as a major step in gnome-dragon relations -- these new dragon disks, though fashioned and crafted by dragons, owe a lot to gnomish tinkering expertise. I see this as a hopeful sign of cooperation between the races.

Ah yes and though we might look a little like dwarves to unschooled eyes, we are totally different from them. Totally, totally different! I mean have you seen Aughundell? A nice city, granted, but it hints at a certain tendency to live underground, in mines, doesn't it? Compare that not with New Rachival, that makeshift town for exiles, but with the pretty village of Pajalsti. Those are fascinating mansions, aren't they? Like I always say: "A house shouldn't just sit there, it should definitely do something."

*rambles on*
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default Re: Revised Race Lore

I don't suppose a summary of recent racial leadership would be available? For example, should we as gifted know who the elven king is?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I don't suppose a summary of recent racial leadership would be available? For example, should we as gifted know who the elven king is?
    There is no Elven King right now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Dang rezed thread - how do you find this stuff so old? LOL
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

XP I would guess because there haven't been enough posts in five years to make this thing impossible to find, i would guess... >.>

lol. That, or its stickied, im not sure. dont know how to tell on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Essra View Post
    lol. That, or its stickied, im not sure. dont know how to tell on this forum.
    You tell by looking at the Sticky: tag that comes before the subject line. xP (Hard to miss, they're always on the top of the forum. xD)

Thread Information