Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Istarian Timeline

Default Re: Istarian Timeline

Go to Tazoon and talk to some of the npc's there. There was a whole quest line where you get the history of the WA. I'm not sure, but if you speak to all the npc's there, it'll tell the story of the great battle that caused the birth of the WA and what caused the big crater outside of Tazoon in the subsequent battles.
    It's been a while, but I remember something along that line.
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

just a thought was it the battle of tazoon at 10 ar that the artifact was detonated?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Yes, the Artifact was detonated by Ryson Stormbringer at the Battle of Tazoon in 10 A.R. The detonation killed Torrin Macalir and destroyed much of the Undead Horde, winning the battle for the allied armies of the Living Races and turning the tide in the war.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, when do we get the form for this artifact thing and the ability to blow one up east of Harro?

Oh, and I know of a lovely spot just above Dryart that could use one too.

And then there are a few minor patches up on Trandalar that don't look all that nice with black ice.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Even if you get it you would still need another one of the Kin to give up his or her life to get a very much needed part of it. Which I am sure someone might step up to make that sacrifice.

Made some updates. Some new years were added and clarified and I filled in the most recent stuff and updated the current year.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you

*beats the long-dead horse*
    Perhaps some updates could be added to include the lore from the Crystalshaper update and the recent domestication of pets?

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Was rereading the timeline today and noticed that some entries were just one sentence.

258 B.R. Birth of the Fiends; Founding of Kirasanct
    Would be great to have a timeline that
    1) Included a little more information - ok, so the fiends were made...how? Some god got pissed off? Little bit about that could be included, along with a link to the full story.
    2) Included links to more information, since it's a timeline and I don't think it should include every itty bitty little detail...but unless I'm mistaken, the only other ways to find lore are do the quest or find some oldie who remembers.

Edit: Also, got further into reading it. At the very end...20 A.R. Satyrs are Freed
    20 A.R. Feladan Reclaimed and Cleansed!
    20 A.R. Release of the Dryads
    21 A.R. Construction of the Novo Machine
    Just a couple words for those? D:<

*also stares at Machaeon's post* O_O Agreeeeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Was rereading the timeline today and noticed that some entries were just one sentence.

Would be great to have a timeline that
    1) Included a little more information - ok, so the fiends were made...how? Some god got pissed off? Little bit about that could be included, along with a link to the full story.
    2) Included links to more information, since it's a timeline and I don't think it should include every itty bitty little detail...but unless I'm mistaken, the only other ways to find lore are do the quest or find some oldie who remembers.
    Yes, pretty much, but if you ask an oldie you may get more than one answer depending on how they remember it. But I agree, it would be nice to actually read or see some of the lore for this stuff up here someplace. I dunno, maybe the devs could do something like a monthly post or story where Karane the Historian is telling or publishes his/her/its studies and records on this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Edit: Also, got further into reading it. At the very end...20 A.R. Satyrs are Freed
    20 A.R. Feladan Reclaimed and Cleansed!
    20 A.R. Release of the Dryads
    21 A.R. Construction of the Novo Machine

Just a couple words for those? D:<
    Player Events. XD Its a couple words.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Yes, pretty much, but if you ask an oldie you may get more than one answer depending on how they remember it. But I agree, it would be nice to actually read or see some of the lore for this stuff up here someplace. I dunno, maybe the devs could do something like a monthly post or story where Karane the Historian is telling or publishes his/her/its studies and records on this stuff?

Player Events. XD Its a couple words.
    I think we should try to make it shorter and quicker to read

20 A.R. Feladan Reclaimed and Cleansed! can become 20 A.R. Fel R & C
    20 A.R. Release of the Dryads can become 20 A.R. Dyd's Released.
    21 A.R. Construction of the Novo Machine can become 21 A.R. Con. of N.M.

*Ducks and hides*
    JK

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    I think we should try to make it shorter and quicker to read

20 A.R. Feladan Reclaimed and Cleansed! can become 20 A.R. Fel R & C
    20 A.R. Release of the Dryads can become 20 A.R. Dyd's Released.
    21 A.R. Construction of the Novo Machine can become 21 A.R. Con. of N.M.

*Ducks and hides*
    JK
    LOL, reminds me of this thread I started way back when: 7-S-O-for-A-V

Extending the timeline from 25 A.R.

• 25 A.R. - (Actual year 2009) The outpost of Delgarath is re-established and a long-forgotten entrance to the Labyrinth or Dralnok's Doom is discovered. The Myloc make a re-appearance and the hunt for ancient Artifacts of Power begins.
    • 26 A.R. - (Actual year 2010) The Skulks migrate westward and establish themselves on the Dalimond Peninsula. Scholars discover how to turn spells into scrolls that anyone can cast.
    • 27 A.R. - (Actual year 2011) The Eastern Outpost is established on the Frontier and the Lost Art of Crystalshaping is rediscovered
    • 28 A.R. - (Actual year 2016) Long lost cults spread across the deserts surrounding Tazoon
    • 29 A.R. - (Actual year 2018) Reklar’s Fortress is rebuilt larger than ever, Hasera Steelclaw introduces all new techniques for aspiring Monks and Most Honored Demonte Seviris begins teaching lost skills for Knights of Creation
    • 30 A.R. - (Actual year 2020) Tazoon is ruined by a mysterious explosion, the Welger invade during the confusion, and Nazderon makes his return
    Last edited by Sarsilas; March 26th, 2021 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Fixed formatting
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

This thread is great. I am not sure how I missed this years ago but a fascinating read. Thank you again for compiling it.
    In and Out of Istaria/Horizons since December 2003

Thread Information