Thread: crystal

Rannik

Default crystal

Not sure where I should post this, but I'm looking for a updated list of crystal with description of what they do. I'm espacialy looking for the "of might" serie for a level 40 adv. class. Also I was wondering if the would stack with the crystal scout get after completing completting their level 20 or 30 quest.

Thanks

Thankfully BreeOge, of Stratics has a copy of the Crystal Preview

Here is a short preview of the first phase of the long awaited re-introduction of crystals into Istaria.
    An updated and permanent guide will replace this upon completion, with imformation on what part the Dragon Ability of Crystal Transmuting, will play in the crystal re-introduction.

New Weapon crystals:
    Damage over Time crystals – Magic Based
    These crystals when placed into a Weapon Socket, infuse the weapon with a 3% chance to do additional damage over time of a specific type on both special and regular spell attacks.
    • Incineration - Flame
    • Erosion - Nature
    • Divinia - Life
    • Dementia - Mind
    • Decaying - Blight
    Bleed crystals – Melee Based
    These crystals when placed into a Weapon Socket, infuse the weapon with a 5% chance to do bleed or damage over time of a specific type on both special and regular melee attacks.
    • Exsanguinating - Bleed
    • Corrisive - Blight
    • Lacerating - Slash
    • Bludgeoning - Crush
    • Puncturing - Pierce
    Direct Damage – Magic Based

These crystals when placed into a Weapon Socket, infuse the weapon with a 3% chance to do additional damage of a specific type on both special and regular spell attacks.
    • Arsonist's - Flame
    • Cabal's - Blight
    • Diviner's - Life
    • Druidic - Nature
    • Glacius - Ice
    • Magus - Energy
    • Mentalist's - Mind
    • Umbral - Spirit
    Direct Damage – Melee Based
    These crystals when placed into a Weapon Socket, infuse the weapon with a 5% chance to do additional damage of a specific type on both special and regular melee attacks.
    • Arsonist's - Flame
    • Cabal's - Blight
    • Diviner's - Life
    • Druidic - Nature
    • Glacius - Ice
    • Magus - Energy
    • Mentalist's - Mind
    • Umbral - Spirit
    New Tool crystals:
    Note: Dragon Crafting Skills for Cogs and Gears will be addressed in a different manner with new sockets.
    Tool Capacity Increasing crystals

These crystals when placed in a tool gives the user the ability to hold additional bulk capacity.
    • Lesser Crystal of Holding
    • Standard Crystal of Holding
    • Greater Crystal of Holding
    • Exceptional Crystal of Holding
    Tool Cogs

These Tool Cogs when placed in a tool gives the user the ability to create certain objects with additional skill bonuses to the schools related craft skills.
    • Alchemy's Cog
    • Armorer's Cog
    • Carpenter's Cog
    • Confectioner's Cog
    • Enchanter's Cog
    • Fitter's Cog
    • Flecther's Cog
    • Gatherer's Cog
    • Jeweler's Cog
    • Mason's Cog
    • Miner's Cog
    • Spellcrafter's Cog
    • Tinkerer's Cog
    • Weaponsmith's Cog
    • Weaver's Cog
    Tool Gears

When a Tinkerer combines Tool Cogs together a Tool Gear is created and when when placed in a tool it imbues the tool and grants the user the ability to create certain objects with even more additional skill bonuses to the schools related craft skills.
    • Alchemy's Gear
    • Armorer's Gear
    • Carpenter's Gear
    • Confectioner's Gear
    • Enchanter's Gear
    • Fitter's Gear
    • Flecther's Gear
    • Gatherer's Gear
    • Jeweler's Gear
    • Mason's Gear
    • Miner's Gear
    • Spellcrafter's Gear
    • Tinkerer's Gear
    • Weaponsmith's Gear
    • Weaver's Gear
    New Jewelry crystals:
    Note: Dragon Tooth & Claw and Primal Skills crystals will be addressed in a different manner with new sockets.
    Melee Resistance/Ward crystals
    These crystals when placed in an Jewelry Socket, grants the user the resistances and wards of melee based attacks.
    • Indestructible Jewelry Crystal
    • Impenetrable Jewelry Crystal
    • Invulnerable Jewelry Crystal
    Melee Skill crystals
    These crystals when placed in an Jewelry Socket, grants the user the additional bonus to a specific melee skill.
    • Crystal of Crushing
    • Crystal of Piercing
    • Crystal of Slashing
    • Crystal of Bruishing
    • Crystal of Slashing
    • Crystal of Bow
    • Crystal of Crossbow
    • Crystal of Unarmed
    Magic Skill crystals
    These crystals when placed in an Jewelry Socket, grants the user the additional bonus to a specific magic skill.
    • Crystal of Blight
    • Crystal of Energy
    • Crystal of Flame
    • Crystal of Ice
    • Crystal of Life
    • Crystal of Mind
    • Crystal of Nature
    • Crystal of Spirit
    • Crystal of Summoning
    Enchanted Melee Skill crystals

crystals when combined by the Enchanting Skill, gives a larger bonus to a specific melee skill than a non-enchanted crystal of the same tier and type.
    • Enchanted Crystal of Crushing
    • Enchanted Crystal of Piercing
    • Enchanted Crystal of Slashing
    • Enchanted Crystal of Bruishing
    • Enchanted Crystal of Slashing
    • Enchanted Crystal of Bow
    • Enchanted Crystal of Crossbow
    • Enchanted Crystal of Unarmed
    Enchanted Magic Skill crystals
    crystals when combined by the Enchanting Skill, gives a larger bonus to a specific magic skill than a non-enchanted crystal of the same tier and type.
    • Enchanted Crystal of Blight
    • Enchanted Crystal of Energy
    • Enchanted Crystal of Flame
    • Enchanted Crystal of Ice
    • Enchanted Crystal of Life
    • Enchanted Crystal of Mind
    • Enchanted Crystal of Nature
    • Enchanted Crystal of Spirit
    • Enchanted Crystal of Summoning
    New Armor crystals:
    Melee Resistance/Ward crystals
    These crystals when placed in an Armor/Scale Socket, grants the user the resistances and wards of melee based attacks.
    • Indestructible Armor Crystal
    • Impenetrable Armor Crystal
    • Invulnerable Armor Crystal
    Last edited by Star; May 22nd, 2006 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Add more info

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Awesome! Thanks!
    You're welcome.

http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/crystals/default.php has info on crystals as well.
    Last edited by Star; May 22nd, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

Sahsi

Oh thank-you for posting this!! I have been so confused about crystals, and hadn't found a summary for them anywhere near as helpful as this looks.

Thank-you, thank-you!

So what is the difference between a cog and a gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Syndic
    So what is the difference between a cog and a gear?
    The difference is twofold: firstly, gears presumably offer a greater skill bonus than cogs; and secondly, gears cannot be combined from cogs yet (not implemented, no ETA).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Do all the crystals of holding really exist? I have only seen lesser and standard. I have asked more seasoned players and that is all they have seen as well. Also what levels are covered with these? I have a lvl 40, 60, and 80. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cgacfox
    Do all the crystals of holding really exist? I have only seen lesser and standard. I have asked more seasoned players and that is all they have seen as well. Also what levels are covered with these? I have a lvl 40, 60, and 80. Thanks.

Yes, the holding crystals do exist. I have a Greater, and I know of one person on Order that told me they have Exceptional, although I can't remember who it was.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Anima

Default Mmm...crystals

<waves!>

The "mentalist's" crystal currently is "Psionic"
    "Radiant Psionic crystal of Magic"

Speaking of which, I'm currently looking for one.

<waves!>

Wink Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Yes, the holding crystals do exist. I have a Greater, and I know of one person on Order that told me they have Exceptional, although I can't remember who it was.
    I recently aquired an Exceptional Shining Crystal of Holding. Blasted thing went for 800 silver in the Marketplace on Chaos. ;p

In any event, please see the LAST link on my Horizons links page. This is my resource page on crafting cogs and crystals, etc. Feel free to peruse my other reference pages as well.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/pilgrim/PHPP.html

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

I personally have looted Exceptional Shining - and Bright - Holding Xtals. Also seen Greater Shining, so atleast those exist. If they are available in all tiers i cannot say for sure, as it seems that several weapon-xtals are not coded for all tiers. Maybe it's the same with those holding xtals.

Difference between cogs and gears is as follows:
    - Cogs are ingame, gears not (well some made it ingame by a DB-leak).
    - Gears were designed to be combined cogs, this process wasn't implemented though
    - IIRR gears were designed to be for armor-sockets, namely cargo-caps.

Thread Information