Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

Everbourne

Default New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

*UPDATED (June 11th, 2006)* Most the sound files are done, I ran into a small problem and I am trying to figure out what the string code is, so might take a couple days. Until then here is a Dragon Sound Test, download and listen if you like, tell me what you think. At the moment I have around 20 different emotes, here is Hiss (by request) and Growl. Please post constructive critisizm about what you think of these two sound tests.

Click here to download Dragon Sound Test.zip
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I recieved an email back from the Devs on if this was possible and how to do it, they showed me how so I will this weekend start working on this project and with luck have it up and running soon! I have plans for once the dragon pack is done to start the biped pack. /roar and let it all out!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am working on a voice/sound emote pack where if you /roar you will really roar not just text but the full sounds. I did this for Anarchy Online long ago for the dragon form that one of the classes could morph into, not to mention all thewir forms that id id this for. At anyrate the sound files are of amazing quality and fall better here then anywhere.

So here is my problem: Does anyone know how to program emotes as well as attaching a sound file or activating one through a /command or inside an emote? If anyone knows anything on this, once I learn how to make emotes here i'll get this sound emote pack out to you all. Also I have hundreds of high quality human/oid voice files as well so I could easily make a sound emote pack for bipeds. An example of one would be a biped could say /help and it would make a help emote both animated, text and a sound file with a persons voice saying Help me!

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
    Last edited by Everbourne; June 11th, 2006 at 08:42 PM.

Sounds great! Cant wait to see you finish your project!

the only thing i can help with is if you need some sound files, I got many stlyes of dragon sounds(lots that didnt come from TG and some i made my self) coding im not so good with, last time i tried to code something for Hz my dragon head was on PJ shoulders litterly!! it was!

Oh I can't wait till you get the sounds going.. That'll be awesome hearing a dragon actual roar or do something and have that noise with.. That'll be so awesome

Everbourne

For those interested in this mod, here is an update.. It is still under construction, I recieved feedback from the game staff and its being forwarded to a dev to help. With luck the dev will be able to tell me how to activate the sound files in game. If that works, the sound pack should be up and running soon.

Would be nice if some of these could become official parts of the game rather than just mods. That way everyone can enjoy the same files and you know what the other is seeing/hearing.

Everbourne

updated original post with dev response

Quote Originally Posted by Everbourne
    I have plans for once the dragon pack is done to start the biped pack.
    Please tell me that you're going to put the dragon effects in the biped pack and the biped effects in the dragon pack, so that all players see and hear the emotes done by others as they were intended. In other words, just make one big sound/voice emote pack that everyone can use.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Everbourne

My intentions are to make dragon and biped in one download, theres several reasons for this. 1) bipeds usually dont download dragon mods reguardless if it allows them to see or hear cool things from dragons. Most dragons have biped alts so they usually do download biped mods. 2) this will modify several .def files and if I made them seperate, if you ever wished to have both it would require more work then most people care to do hehe (manually altering the file yourself). So it may take me longer to get it going and I think what I will wind up doing is make the Sound/Voice Emote Pack in stages, ie: 1.0 then 2.0 so as I make it larger you can download the newer versions overriding the old ones. This is a work in progress and the first version might take me a bit to get it up and running. But keep an eye out for it

Everbourne

I have ran into a problem on making these and waiting for a response from TG, meanwhile anyone know much about emote coding? Below is an example of the problem I have, I dont know what string code I am suppose to use to activate a sound file.

{
    string name = "hiss"
    string animState = "hiss_emote"
    string selfText = "You hiss."
    string otherText = " hisses."
    string soundName = "dragon_u_hiss.wav"
    }

the string soundName = "dragon_u_hiss.wav" is got to be what i am doing wrong, anyone have any advice?

try asking blue hasia. so far i like what im hearing i give it two talons up out of two
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Quote Originally Posted by Everbourne
    I recieved an email back from the Devs on if this was possible and how to do it, they showed me how so I will this weekend start working on this project and with luck have it up and running soon! I have plans for once the dragon pack is done to start the biped pack. /roar and let it all out!!
    It sounds good, but I don't think it's a good idea to even imply that Tulga has anything to do with this project. Peckas map pack and the Horizon's Crafting Calculator are both great additions, but they are not officially supported by Tulga.

And if you did get the information as you stated, why are you asking how to do things here?

At any rate, keep up the good work.

Blog Entries

Note on the growling:

The growl you have here is pretty good, rather long for my taste, but good.
    Perhaps this could be used as another emote section such as /longgrowl.

I found this wav which sounds very similar to the one you are useing, but its much shorter..

http://amazingsounds.iespana.es/velociraptor.wav (ignore the name, that is what the site is calling it. >< )

Perhaps this could be a normal growl?

So you would have like the "Okay, I'm starting to get really annoyed" to the longer growl which be like the "Okay! Now you really are starting to rub my scales in the wrong way!"

But I seriously do think it might be better with two. I don't know if you had that in mind, but it would make for very interesting roleplay.. hehe

--------------------

Note on the hiss:

The hiss to me sounds odd, I do realize Dragons are mythology beasts, however the hiss for me, doesn't work, for others it does, but for me, nah.
    However I can supply an idea of what type of hiss I would think myself personally a Dragon would have.
    However I took you dragon hiss file, and I changed it up a tad, this sounds rather close to what i think perhaps would be more of a hiss.
    I speed it up once, reversed it and decreased the volume a tad.

If I can find something online, i would post it here, however it seems hissing files are rather a pain to come by that even sound close enough to a large reptile.

---------------

I hope this helps. I love to see the project come to a finish and think this would bring new life into the characters, because once this is done, perhaps even Saris and Sslik can be looked into.
    Good luck and hoped this help some.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Andrexea

I am also looking foward to this. Great work so far!

You may be able to get some great dragon sounds from the Civilzation II : Fantastic Worlds game CD. The dark ages fantasy Mod that had Stygians, Atlanteans etc as playable civilzations had dragons as units.

Also there was a dinosaur mod on that cd, and had many good reptilian/dragon-like sounds effects.

Default Re: New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

Bump it !

Would love to see this mod ingame

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Long ago I managed to have a sound when /standandroar, though the files have been deleted due to the last patch. Gonna try that again

I succeded to add sound to the hiss emote ^_^ Only tested it with an adult dragon, but I have no ancient, so I need someone to test it for me. If that works for everyone, I'll add more sounds to emotes

http://cours-lsv.fr.nf/hz/hiss_sound_emote.zip

Please unzip this in the ressources_override folder, before launching the game.
    Last edited by Zexoin; October 8th, 2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: corrected link

I added one new emote, /growl, and now the /standandroar emote has a roaring sound (sounds are different for hatchlings, adults and ancients). The /hiss emote for adults has been fixed, but it still uses the same sound for every dragons ; I can't find different versions. also added a "landing" sound to the /hop emote.

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=sound_emotes.zip

please unzip this in the ressource_override folder, befaore launching the game.

I really need some feedback about the ancient emotes, since I cannot test these myself.

edit : I used some the sounds linked in the upper posts, and some I found on http://www.therecordist.com/pages/game_sfx.html
    If you can find or make new sounds for dragon and biped emotes please send me the link, I'll add it to the pack.
    Last edited by Zexoin; October 11th, 2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: note

I can't seem to get the sound emotes to work, Zex.. hmm...
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Thread Information