Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

Default Re: New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleth Drakescale View Post
    I can't seem to get the sound emotes to work, Zex.. hmm...
    Okay Scaleeth I will try to figure out why.
    Did you unzip the files in the ressource_override folder ? In game, in the emote list, do you have the "growl" and "growlnaka" emotes ? What happens when you use one of the emotes ? are you only missing the sound or nothing happens at all ?

Actually.. I dont have "growl" or "growlnaka". But the hiss and standroar emote sounds work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Carenath View Post
    Actually.. I dont have "growl" or "growlnaka". But the hiss and standroar emote sounds work fine.
    those two are adult and ancient only, cause I didn't find a growl sound that could fit with hatchlings... It barely fit with adults, so would be nice if someone could modify it, I would add it to the pack

EDIT : I found a glitch in the adult emotes. there's the corrected version. I also created an installer to ease the installation
    http://www.youshare.com/view.php?fil...rizonsemo1.exe
    Last edited by Zexoin; October 12th, 2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added a link

The growl and hiss and maybe the roar sound are a little bit too early... well a lot early. and the installer took away /rockout and maybe others, is there a way I can have the sound and all the emotes other people have?
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Also, it only works for hatchling, for ancients they don't even move

Help make Evarus grow!

Okay... that time I hope it will work correctly.

Please download the installer (link at the bottom of the post)

This emote pack includes :

For hatchlings :
    1. crackneck
    2. lookaround
    3. fallasleepstartle
    4. shake
    5. hiss (with sound)
    6. selfexam
    7. sneeze
    8. rockout
    9. rockoutindralk
    10. standandroar (with sound)
    11. greetemote
    12. stand
    13. headbutt
    14. swat
    15. hop (with sound)
    16. nod
    For adults and ancients :
    1. crackneck
    2. lookaround
    3. fallasleepstartle
    4. shake
    5. hiss (with sound)
    6. selfexam
    7. sneeze
    8. rockout
    9. rockoutindralk
    10. standandroar (with sound)
    11. greetemote
    12. stand
    13. headbutt
    14. swat
    15. flyingblush
    16. flyingsneeze
    17. hop (with sound)
    18. nod
    19. growl/growlnaka (with sound)
    Instructions :

Please exit Horizons and delete the Ressources_override/sound and Ressources_override/definitions folders before running the exe.
    Select the Ressources_override folder when asked.

Your dragon must have ascend to hear the adult or ancient emotes. If you replace models like said in another post, you will NOT have said models emotes ; in example, if you replace the juvenile model with the ancient one and play your hatchie, you will not have the adult, nor ancient emotes.

Please wait a short while after the game is loaded to use an emote (or the animation and sound won't load).
    The sound release is strongly affected by lag ; however, if the sound is still released too early, please let me know.

I tested them with hatchling and adult dragons, and all seems fine to me ; please report any bug there might be.

download : http://www.youshare.com/view.php?fil...d_effects1.exe

Note : I might be able to get the /ride emote back, I'll add it to the pack when done.
    Last edited by Zexoin; October 14th, 2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added instructions

wish I could edit my post again =/

Zip file for those who don't like installers :
    http://www.youshare.com/view.php?fil...s_override.rar

unzip in Ressource_override folder and launch HZ.

Well I tested Hatchling and Adult.

hiss and growl are still a little bit early, and rockout is still not there.

/standandroar is pretty fun :P Thanks for adding this to the forums

Help make Evarus grow!

Under Zexoin's agreement, I have taken over this MOD until he can take care of it again.

Here is the changelog:

v1.5 (October 21, 2007)
    =======================

- updated with Virtrium emote files [Firebrand]
    - gave back Swythe full credit in .def files (not Swerth *rolls eyes*) [Firebrand]
    - added missing Swythe's emotes:
    * sneeze
    * rockout
    * rockoutindralk [Firebrand]
    - fixed growl base emotes; they should work properly now [Firebrand]
    - added some comments in the .def files to help future mod creators;
    modifications are more visible now [Firebrand]
    - added documentation and version numbers [Firebrand]

The files can be found here: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/down...(20071021).zip

There is no installer for the moment. You will have to install it manually. Just follow instructions in the Read Me.

Emotes have been tested with an Adult Dragon and are working so far. However, I need feedback for Hatchling Dragons and Ancient Dragons.

Please note I may not have too much time to fix/modify it, so don't be surprised if your feedback doesn't get fast answers.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I had downloaded the last link Zexion had provided on my ancient dragon and I found three things that needed work.

One, the sound is coming too early still when the dragon is preparing to do hiss or growl/growlnaka. When I tried it the first time I thought "oh hey, that came right on time!" , unfortunately that was just becase of lag. It is about maybe 3 or 4 secs off so if you could make some silence for the first few secs and cut off a few secs from the end (so it won't keep going after the animation is done) it might help. Standandroar though is right on the money.

Another problem is the shake animation has mysterously dissappeared and the text if I remember correctly went back to "shakes like a wet dog" instead "shakes dirt off of scales".

The last issue is that while the player who downloaded this mod can see the new animation and text, other people are seeing different emotes or none at all. This is the feed back I got from a hatchie(who didn't have the mod) that was watching what emotes I was doing.

Emotes I did ..................Emotes they see
    Sneeze.............................standandroar
    rockout.............................greetemote
    rockoutindralk.....................stand
    standandroar......................headbutt
    greetemote........................swat
    headbutt...........................sneeze
    swat.................................hop
    flyingblush..........................nod
    hop...................................nothing
    nod...................................nothing
    growl/growlnaka..................nothing

While I understand them not seeing emotes like growl/growlnaka, can this be fix so they can atleast see the emotes that are ingame? Maybe put the emotes back in the same order they are ingame and put them new ones at the end of the list might help? Rather than just having most of them borked.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Under Zexoin's agreement, I have taken over this MOD until he can take care of it again.
    Thank you my friend, you'll do much better than I...

Xanthia, I can't work on that mod anymore, please download Firebrand's.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Another problem is the shake animation has mysterously dissappeared and the text if I remember correctly went back to "shakes like a wet dog" instead "shakes dirt off of scales".

The last issue is that while the player who downloaded this mod can see the new animation and text, other people are seeing different emotes or none at all. This is the feed back I got from a hatchie(who didn't have the mod) that was watching what emotes I was doing.

Emotes I did ..................Emotes they see
    Sneeze.............................standandroar
    rockout.............................greetemote
    rockoutindralk.....................stand
    standandroar......................headbutt
    greetemote........................swat
    headbutt...........................sneeze
    swat.................................hop
    flyingblush..........................nod
    hop...................................nothing
    nod...................................nothing
    growl/growlnaka..................nothing

While I understand them not seeing emotes like growl/growlnaka, can this be fix so they can atleast see the emotes that are ingame? Maybe put the emotes back in the same order they are ingame and put them new ones at the end of the list might help? Rather than just having most of them borked.
    As the v1.5 is reworked from the Virtirum files, compatibility between people who don't have the MOD and those who have it should be increased.
    I have just compared MOD files and standard Ancient Dragon files and I have not noticed any difference for common emotes so far... even that doesn't mean there is no mistake.
    You should also have the right text for the shake emote now.

Please download the v1.5 and try again with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    IOne, the sound is coming too early still when the dragon is preparing to do hiss or growl/growlnaka. When I tried it the first time I thought "oh hey, that came right on time!" , unfortunately that was just becase of lag. It is about maybe 3 or 4 secs off so if you could make some silence for the first few secs and cut off a few secs from the end (so it won't keep going after the animation is done) it might help. Standandroar though is right on the money.
    This will be on the to do list as well as the sound radius for emote. But I have to get it first. *grins*

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Thank you my friend, you'll do much better than I...
    It's what we will see but thanks.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Ive been meaning to create a ModPack at some point, with all these most-used mods bundled together for convenience (a large download, but far handier).

Edit: When I get a chance, likly after I complete my RoP, I will install the updated version and test it.

it doesn't work for me anymore, its not your update, I reinstalled it after uninstalling it because it was buggy and was going to re download it when there was an update. I have even installed the old one and it won't work o.O no clue why it won't

Help make Evarus grow!

Lunarya, try to uninstall the pack manually then install it again.

Go to resources_override folder and delete the following folders and files:
    - sound\characters\dragon_u
    - sound\characters\dragona_u
    - sound\characters\dragonj_u
    - definitions\characters\dragon\track
    - definitions\characters\dragon\dragon_u_anim_standa rd.def
    - definitions\characters\dragon\dragon_u_emote.def
    - definitions\characters\dragona_u\track
    - definitions\characters\dragona_u\dragona_u_anim_st andard.def
    - definitions\characters\dragona_u\dragona_u_emote.d ef
    - definitions\characters\dragonj_u\track
    - definitions\characters\dragonj_u\dragonj_u_anim_st andard.def

Look if you don't have files in a wrong folder as well.

PS: Fixed a mistake in the Read Me and reuploaded the pack

still doesn't seem to be working for me... hmmm

Help make Evarus grow!

Zexoin's Sound Emotes Pack v1.6

I have released a new version of this emote pack. Here is the changelog:

v1.6 (October 24, 2007)
    =======================

- files have been reworked from scratch wih Virtirum files again; people without the emote pack should now see the right emote when someone with the emote pack uses them... except, of course, the emotes which don't exist in the official files! If you want to test the pack with other people, please make sure they have the latest version of the pack. [Firebrand]
    - Hatchling Dragons now have sneeze, rockout and rockoutindralk emotes from Swythe's Emotes Pack [Firebrand]
    - increased sound range for hop, standandroar, growl/growlnaka, roar and hiss: they can now be heard at least at max zoom for the user who performs the emotes [Firebrand]
    - growl/growlnaka sound plays now later so seems to fit more to the animation [Firebrand]
    - standandroar sound plays now later so seems to fit more to the animation [Firebrand]
    - hop sound plays now later so seems to fit more to the animation [Firebrand]
    - significantly increased standandroar sound volume for adult and Ancient Dragons; roar is now more impressive, but as counterpart sound is lightly saturated; please let me now if you prefer the new or the old one [Firebrand]
    - lightly increased standandroar for Hatchling Dragon; because of their small size, they are not intend to have a very powerful roar [Firebrand]

Please note that the sounds don't play properly when you have just logged in. You must use them once
    before they play with the correct timing. As far I have understood, it seems to be client related and I have not been able to fix it. However, after one use, they play as intend.

=>
    http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/down...(20071024).zip

As usual, I have tested it with an Adult Dragon and need feedback for Ancient and Hatchling dragons.

Lunarya, make sure you have put the resources_overdrive folder from the pack in the Horizons root folder.
    Last edited by Firebrand; October 24th, 2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Works lovely now Firebrand, save for one little problem. :/ I don't know if yours is okay but my /standandroar emote doesn't play any sound. I tried it several times but to no avail. The other emotes are all operational to my knowledge; the /hiss definately plays it's sound right... just not the /standandroar. ^w^

Good work though!

Zexoin's Sound Emote Pack v1.7

v1.7 (October 25, 2007)
    =======================
    - fixed standandroar for Hatchling Dragons. Sound should be played now [Firebrand]

http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/downloads/zexoins_sound_emotes_pack_v1.7_(20071025).zip

Oops. Thanks Galde.

Whee, that was fast! ^w^

*tests it*

Thread Information