Thread: Hello from a Newbie

Alindris

Default Hello from a Newbie

I just started the free trial yesterday, so thought I'd pop in here and say hello.

My only gaming experience has been AC2 and WoW. I've been thinking of cancelling WoW (or at least taking an extended break from it) since I've become bored with it and am not interested in having to spend my time raiding and their crafting system isn't the most exciting.

I wasn't sure what to expect with Horizons because I haven't talked to many who had played it and hadn't heard the best reviews, but I have to say that so far I'm really enjoying it. I spent most of my first day trying out some of the different crafting schools and had fun creating a dragon that I plan on adventuring with some more. The people I've met in game seem friendly (a nice change from the "noob calling" I've been used to in general chat of other games).

I'll probably have lots of questions and since I don't know anyone who plays, I'm sure you'll see me posting them here. I've already found some very helpful posts and am impressed with how friendly the community seems.

Smile

Welcome to Istaria, Alindris.
    Got Cowbell?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome to Istaria. Which shard are you playing on?

You'll likely not find anyone so snobbish as to call you a noob. In fact, most of the times I even hear that being bantered about, someone is usually saying it about themselves. Those of us who have been through the entire process know that there is a LOT to be learned and discovered, more than anyone can expect a person to pick up in the first 20 minutes of playing. Each class has it's own high points and low points. Dragons offer quite a different experience than bipeds. To each their own.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Yardo

Hello and welcome! Yes, the people are realy nice and helpfull, I have noticed that to. (as you can see, i'm rather new still to)

Alindris

Thanks for the welcome.

I've only been playing for a few days on Chaos but am already hooked. I cancelled my WoW account for the time being and plan on adventuring in this new world for a while. It's really been a fun change of pace and I'm having a lot of fun learning how to play.

Alindris, I think you'll find the most kind, helpful and generous player base you've ever found in an MMORPG here. I know I did.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Welcome, I also migrated from WoW most recently from the RP server Feathermoon. Came here because they actually have RP, and more interesting gameplay.

Welcome to Istaria! Enjoy your stay, and have fun! ^ ^

I don't know about Chaos, but I know there are no "Chuck Norris can ... " discussions on Order. Those drove me right out of WOW my second go-round.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Alindris

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn
    I don't know about Chaos, but I know there are no "Chuck Norris can ... " discussions on Order. Those drove me right out of WOW my second go-round.
    Oh man... those "CN" discussions were the worst! And they were on every server -- there was no escape, lol.

You probably only think that because you're jealous of Chuck Norris :P

Quote Originally Posted by AA0

Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    No, I'm jealous of Jack Bauer. Audrey's hot!
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Can Chuck Norris really divide by zero?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Alindris

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

/em runs screaming from her forum topic that has been hijacked by talk of Chuck

Welcome to horizons noob jk seriously though welcome to our humble home i've played everything under the sun and this place has captured my heart let me know if you need a hand. on order my name is rother and although i've not been here very long i'll lend a hand where i can
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Thread Information