Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion in Lew of Alleged Death Point Change

Default Suggestion in Lew of Alleged Death Point Change

Anyone

I read about the Alleged change to death points and wanted to give a suggestion in regard to the possible change. I say Alleged cause it has yet to happen and until it does I look at it as Alleged.

Now the background thought on my suggestion. I dont normally get alot of death points at most I think I had 12 at one time. These were T6 death points if I understand the alleged system correctly. So I assume I would have a total of 48hours for each death point to wait off with 75% neg to my stats having 12 would be 576 hours of total death point time without eating food. I think its a little to much time when you consider it takes currently 96 hours for 12 death points without food or ambrosia. I dont think to me it will matter I will be safer in my hunts and make sure to keep my death points to a minimum however there are those that might not think like me or want to play it safe so would this change be considered a nerf to thier enjoyment of play time? Would it lower thier stats 75% and make them feel like they cant contribute to hunting what so ever and make them unhappy enough to leave entirely looking for a differant game without so much death down time?

Now for the Suggested fix. Being that its currently set at 8 hours I almost feel the opposite those of level 100 have more exsperiance and would be less effected by death so it should be lowered to maybe 1 extra hour per death point the first death point being a total of 8 hours so for 12 death points it would take a total of 162 hours of down time. This being at t6 of course t5 would be an extra 50 minutes t4 - 40minutes and so on. Just a thought and suggestion normally I keep them to myself but I am a little concerned if the alleged death point change comes how it would effect some of my friends.

Thank you for taking the time to read this
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

This makes a lot of sense.

I've had similar doubts about the changes. Most of them have appeared recently with the new Event monsters and Epic Kills. From all accounts, even in a large group, at least one person is going to pick up a couple DPs from going after the big Blighted general types out there. Or even more currently, I was out trying, and I have to use trying in BIG letters, to kill 20 Cankerous Aegrors for a quest. Ranting aside on that, I gained 3 DPs out there, and I had help that picked up a couple more. Now, I've been out soloing Emeralds, so I was a little shocked that we were dieing trying to kill things our lvl.

As fast as they can pile up, and as fast as the penalties pile on, I never would have finished that darned quest. As it was, it took me 4 nights of hunting.

Warsong makes a good point, and has some good numbers, without lessening the attempted affects of the new Confectioner school.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

T6 dp? what are you talking about.

My understanding was a dp is same as always, but takes 24 hours instead of 8 to fade. nothing else about the dp itself is planned to be changed.

Ambrosia is going away as well, food and taverns being improved.

Death should mean something, it should be painful, it should be something to be thought about and avoided. It's not. Recklessness is not punished by any meaningful death penalty. Dying now is a joke. Dont want to feel the wrath of the new death penalty dont flippin die.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=103
    At Tier 1, each Death Point will last 8 hours, the same as it does now, and will increase by 4 hours for each Tier up to 28 hours per Death Point at Tier 6.
    May or may not have changed.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Seranthor

I would agree with as would alot of others however all are not Hardcore gamers with that view some are more casual players few hours a night do we want to have a loss of players because of the effected down times? Not to mention Death due to lag which has happened to me quite a few times.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

So once again what is thr problem with buying food? There is a whole thread about how we have no economy. Which this will help as there will be something that crafters make that others will need. Also if I remeaber right you will basicly need just 4 meals of the DP tier to completely remove it. That in my own option in not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsong
    I dont normally get alot of death points at most I think I had 12 at one time. These were T6 death points if I understand the alleged system correctly. So I assume I would have a total of 48hours for each death point to wait off with 75% neg to my stats having 12 would be 576 hours of total death point time without eating food.
    It's 28 hours, not 48, so total time for removal is 336, not 576. That's assuming a T6 DP, which I don't think anyone will get until the level cap goes up. More likely, you're looking at 228 hours of T5 death point time. You wouldn't have a 75% reduction during that time period, either; it would be 55% during death penalty, then you're back to normal just as you are currently. Eating a fully-seasoned T5 meal in a tavern (T6 foods most likely won't be available) removes 12 hours of that DP time. So, you can not die for two weeks, or you can enjoy 24 T5 meals in a tavern - something you can do by leaving yourself logged in with a macro that repeats every five minutes. That will take you an hour and a half and can be done while you, the player, are asleep.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I want to say they base it off rating so anyone with rating 101+ will fall into the T6 DP.

LaughingOtter and Deth

I was assuming it would be based off of the Tier of the monster that killed you so Thornwood or Eastern Blight Fryakki would be T6. However I didnt know about the actual food being that good so I can see your point Im all for making confectioners more important to the game. I also see that it would make sense thanks for helping me see the light. Again It was just a concern of the Alleged change and just my opinion on the matter (its changed now) Bring on the new system.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    I want to say they base it off rating so anyone with rating 101+ will fall into the T6 DP.
    Can you point to anything in the game that considers rating when determining tier?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

If you read the link I posted, LO, you'll see that it does in fact say "adventure rating," not "adventure level" for deciding DP removal time. I tried to get confirmation on this in IRC, but the relevant party was on lunch.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I dont think rating is the way to go. T6 dps would only cover rating 101 to 120. Anything beyond that is getting rediculous anyway.

Something EVERYONE needs to keep in mind, is that people play the game to have FUN. At some point all this is going to become too tedious. If food is too much of a pain to make at affordable prices, and you go hunting Daknor (guaranteed 8 to 12 deathpoints for someone, whoever he decides to radar-lock onto and use his unavoidable mind bullets). and rack up 300 hours of deathpoints.... well food be damned but it just isn't going to be fun any longer...

Everyone has lost sight of that. There needs to be the correct balance in the fun, the penalties, and the reward for risks. With that in mind the deathpoint changes SHOULD NOT go live until all the loot has been revamped, including Daknor, Fafnir, Gruk, Son of Gigaroth, Reklar, Valkor, and every other mob on the face of Istaria. Some of those can be done without dp's, others there is absolutely NO avoiding it (Daknor, Reklar).

Better make the reward for the effort go up before these high deathpoint timers go live.. or people might not find any desire to even bother logging in....
    Last edited by Guaran; June 2nd, 2006 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    If you read the link I posted, LO, you'll see that it does in fact say "adventure rating," not "adventure level" for deciding DP removal time. I tried to get confirmation on this in IRC, but the relevant party was on lunch.
    OK, I had missed that. I think that's a point that should be clarified if possible. T6 deathpoints without T6 foods does not seem equitable.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

I have just one question about this topic, Warsong.

Who is "Lew" ?
    Got Cowbell?

Helcat

Lew
    \Lew\ (l[=u]), a. [Cf. lee a calm or sheltered place, lukewarm.] Lukewarm; tepid. [Obs.] --Wyclif.

But you got me I meant in Lieu I just have no patients to look up the actual one to make sure it was right
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

<gently teases the brave, mighty, but not 100% literate Warsong>

...patience...

<grins wryly>
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    So once again what is thr problem with buying food? There is a whole thread about how we have no economy. Which this will help as there will be something that crafters make that others will need. Also if I remeaber right you will basicly need just 4 meals of the DP tier to completely remove it. That in my own option in not a problem.
    I understand the economy problems. I'm a crafter meself, and not a lot of economy. But that's just it. A LOT of players are REALLY broke. No cash means no food, no matter how much you want to support the Confectioners. Or, if they donate food to the cause, no help for the economy.

I've seen a gold ONCE in over 2 years of playing, and ever since that date, I've averaged about 30s to my name. My guild is tiny, so no cash flow there, and my friends are either as broke as I am, or really, I've begged and borrowed enough for 3 lifetimes.

I get to play about 4 hours a night, and I don't want to spend them in DP purgatory trying to beg/borrow/steal some food to spend my night in a Tavern trying to get healthy.

And I saw a comment about a macro. From the viewpoint of an average player: A what? To do what? (And I do know what a Macro is, but NO clue about them in games. )
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Warsong
    Helcat

Lew
    \Lew\ (l[=u]), a. [Cf. lee a calm or sheltered place, lukewarm.] Lukewarm; tepid. [Obs.] --Wyclif.

But you got me I meant in Lieu I just have no patients to look up the actual one to make sure it was right
    and here I didn't even know you were a doctor!
    Got Cowbell?

Hey

When I see literate I think to my self what does eating trash have to do with anything and why not say ate liter. Other languages say liter ate. I would say im more of a math person but you have already shown my numbers were wrong LaughingOtter so what else do I have I heal rather well that should count for something
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Thread Information