Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June "In Development" Preview Discussion

Default June "In Development" Preview Discussion

Use this thread to discuss the latest June "In Development" Preview.

You can read it here.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 2nd, 2006 at 11:42 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I don't care if the idea for a monster-treasure chest is not too origional, that looks cool as hell, nice work. I'm looking forward to them.
    Lumineux Talar

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Confectioner - With all of the assets for the resources done, we've begun work on the foods and formulas themselves. In June you will likely begin to see spawns of new resources appearing throughout Istaria while other resources involved with Confectioner move around a bit. We're also beginning work on the quests and other lore-related issues with Confectioner.
    You mean to tell us that your just NOW getting to working on the foods and formulas NOW? Resources w/o forms mean spit. TWO YEARS ago everyone ELSE got their flipping expert forms and your STILL burying the CNFs in (censored). Disgusting. Unfortunately with this less than encouraging statement I dont honestly expect to see the first batch of CNF expert forms on a live server before the end of August, if even then.

Flying Cargo Disks - We previewed these disks last month on MMORPG.com and work on them is moving forward. These will be dragon-only cargo disks that a Dragon can tow behind while flying. Additional details such as storage capacity and construction requirements are still being determined.
    Charming, I hope they have the the same speed restrictions on them that normal disks have. Faster than that would be most definately less than fair.

I'm glad to see that the new replacements have been hired, hopefully you'll begin to add MORE staff instead of just replacing departing staff.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Ophelea

What am I? Chopped Liver? (Dotcher, you be chopped kidney; Velea, you be chopped chicken salad; and Kipeo, you be mush)

Don't forget, flying cargo disks are so dragons can reach flight restricted lairs, not so dragons can move faster...

/me takes her silliness and bakes brownies for the weekend...

You mean to tell us that your just NOW getting to working on the foods and formulas NOW? Resources w/o forms mean spit. TWO YEARS ago everyone ELSE got their flipping expert forms and your STILL burying the CNFs in (censored). Disgusting. Unfortunately with this less than encouraging statement I dont honestly expect to see the first batch of CNF expert forms on a live server before the end of August, if even then.
    It will be done when it is done and not before. Formulas are one of the last parts to be done because all of the other pieces already have to be in place to do them. Anyway, even if it does take till August (which I don't think it will), it is better than not being worked on at all.

The mimics take me back to the old Square/Enix days. Mmmm. Mimics.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Angry

It will be done when it is done and not before. Formulas are one of the last parts to be done because all of the other pieces already have to be in place to do them. Anyway, even if it does take till August (which I don't think it will), it is better than not being worked on at all.
    Sir, with all due respect, I'd love to believe you. However, I cant and I dont. Too many 1/2 truths, too many intentional deceptions and too many times kicked in the junk have taught me not to believe it until I see it. Want the non-believers to believe? Prove it to them with action, not more meaningless spin.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    What am I? Chopped Liver? (Dotcher, you be chopped kidney; Velea, you be chopped chicken salad; and Kipeo, you be mush)

Don't forget, flying cargo disks are so dragons can reach flight restricted lairs, not so dragons can move faster...

/me takes her silliness and bakes brownies for the weekend...
    I'm confused dear lass. Are the 4 of you now also on the TG paid staff also? If so then my apoligizes for not knowing.

With regard to the disks then if they are in fact to be for flight restricted lairs then identical speed restrictions shouldn't be a problem for the disks.

Junk? I thought you a woman?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Junk? I thought you a woman?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    I know! Mimics and walking mushroom monsters always make me feel nostalgic to those old-days RPGs! Always seemed to have those two types in every game. ^^

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    I'm confused dear lass. Are the 4 of you now also on the TG paid staff also? If so then my apoligizes for not knowing.

With regard to the disks then if they are in fact to be for flight restricted lairs then identical speed restrictions shouldn't be a problem for the disks.
    Yep! Was on the front page for more than a week...

Community Support Team Expands!

We're all contracted support - Community, QA, and whatever you want to call Kipeo...we sorta use him as a whipping boy. (actually, he does all of the above)

And the disks were explained a month ago when they were on MMORPG. I'm the one who sent them there. *grins*

REALLY, I'm gonna have a weekend! I think...

Congrats all of you. QA is something thats appears to have been something that was sorely missed so any additions there are most definately welcome.
    Yes I've read much on the disks, still no stats however, and that is rather worrisome.

This thread is being derailed. Please use it to discuss the specifics of the June preview.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

hmm new preview? i dont think its one

its only an updated old one

i cant understand that the confectioner revamp isnt finished yet. Whats the problem? on what special thing do you work atm? or are you only planning the conf change and havent done any programming work on it?

how long do you work on the conf revamp? 6 month?

any new infos then about the confectioner change? i remember you changed something about it 2 month ago?

hmm new preview? i dont think its one

its only an updated old one
    Yes, it is a new preview. New things have happened, some projects that were on the last are still in progress.

i cant understand that the confectioner revamp isnt finished yet. Whats the problem? on what special thing do you work atm? or are you only planning the conf change and havent done any programming work on it?

how long do you work on the conf revamp? 6 month?

any new infos then about the confectioner change? i remember you changed something about it 2 month ago?
    Confectioner was given a lower priority for a time while we worked on Lairs, the Biped Tutorial and New Trismus. The Confectioner revamp was begun in the Fall of 2005 though it took a backseat to the projects mentioned above.

Required technology work and work on the assets was begun after Christmas and has (barring anything unforseen) been completed. The remaining work involves placing resource spawns, setting up formula, and implementing the quests/lore.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    'Mimic' is probably a copyrighted AD&D term... it was an 'original' monster from 1st Edition Dungeons and Dragons.

In any event, as a mob, any 'mimic-like' critter would only be effective if Treasure Chests were also littered about the landscape. In D&D terms, they were supposed to take the unwary by surprise, given that the adventurer thought they were simply opening the very-common generic sort of treasure chests.

So.... does this mean we're going to also be getting random treasure chests (as part of mob spawn and/or independantly) which contain some sort of viable loot?

Wes
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

yes i know that you have to set up priorites but i hope the conf revamp will happen soon.

this preview? what does it mean? you work on it at the month june? or do you want to finish it at the end of june?

Mimic is a generic word. I'm quite sure the instance responsible for copyrighting intellectual property would take an issue on any request to copyright such a word.

The mimic looks nice. Makes me wonder about its mobility, so I suppose it has a slew of ranged or spell attacks at its disposal. I also wonder how much it looks like normal chests we've been hinted about.

(Also, I hope the conf work is soon done. I'm not really a fan of drama shows.)

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Among the mimic files patched were treasure chests...

Thread Information