Thread: Noobish question...

Arcadius

Default Noobish question...

At what time does the chaos server usually come back up from maintenance on tuesdays?... It's been a long, long time since I last played this game...

Any help would be appreciated.

Arcadius..

When there isn't a patch they tend to come back online before 5pm GMT but when they are patching, like today, it can take quite a few hours longer. Worst I've known is them not coming up til after 10pm GMT, which is when I gave up and went to bed, but that was on a big patch day too.

Shame they haven't put an eta on the log-in site yet.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Arcadius

So... that makes it around what?.. 5 pm EST at the latest? sorry sort of just woke up from a nap..

Thank you for your time,
    Arcadius

I'm a little useless when it comes to time zones but I believe EST is -5 GMT so that would make it roughly midday for non-patch days and after 5pm for long patch days.

Bearing in mind I gave up waiting at 10pm, I don't know when the server finally came up. I'm surprised its still down though, and still no eta as far as I can see

Arcadius

lol I just want to see what the game world is like now... since last time I played was maybe 3-6 months after the initial release of the game... sigh... glad to see their maintenance people haven't gotten any faster...

Sorry for being sarcastic just getting alittle irritated =(

Heh, my sarcasm detector must be broken

I'm impatient for Chaos to come up too, and I was only playing this morning

This is not a normal maintenance day. There are quite a few updates and changes being patched out today, and it will be done when it's done.

Everybody wants to play, but making rude comments about the team is not going to inspire them to go faster. Chill out, and accept the fact that trying to rush a database update is A Very Bad Thing.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Darkbolt

Default It takes alot of work for so few people.

Just the mere fact that there are just a handful of people working on this game to imrove it makes it amusing that we actually get some kinda patch fix to the game every two weeks or so... Just that in itself takes time to change the programming and alter it to suit the needs of the game... Patches take time, but everytime one is done, it is to help improve gameplay... Yeah, sure it may seem like a huge inconvenience to miss out on a few hours of game time one day out of the week, but dang, we got to have some time when we are doing something else so that we learn to more appreciate the time we send playing this game...

Arcadius

True anough darkbolt, I remember when the game first came out acouple years back and the realms were flooded with people. The maintenence/patch group was larger but then again they were busy balancing classes, putting together new content, and coming up with ways to stop us from water rezzing our ways to the islands that only bridges(that needed to be built) could get you to... Sigh... such good times, I really wish this game could make it big again.

Thread Information