Thread: How about a tabletop version?

Destriarch

Default How about a tabletop version?

Well, I've not been able to finish the huge download yet so I'm looking forward to trying the game out, but purely from what I've seen on the supporting website it seems that you have a really vibrant and interesting world happening here. Think you'll ever get around to creating a tabletop RPG based on the game, or licensing it out to a third party to produce? It worked nicely for World of Warcraft after all. Personally, I'd love to undertake a project like this myself (I've made a few RPG's in the past).

What d'you think?

Ash

An intresting consept, only, most people would argue that Horizons is more D&D-like then D&D Online is. The core consept of Horizons is rooted in any swords and shields, dragons and dwarfs based table top game. What sets Horizons aside is the emence crafting system, which i dont think would transulate well into table top gaming.

*rolls 20 sided die* 16
    (DM) you have sucessfully choped 4 logs of ceder, what do you wish to do now?
    (player) *takes a sip of a diet pepsi, then stuffs a hand full of cheetos in mouth* well...i guess...ill take annother swing *checks character sheet* yep, still got plenty of room on my cargo disk *picks up the 20 sided die and rolls*

Quote Originally Posted by XenoDrake
    *rolls 20 sided die* 16
    (player) *takes a sip of a diet pepsi, then stuffs a hand full of cheetos in mouth* well...i guess...ill take annother swing *checks character sheet* yep, still got plenty of room on my cargo disk *picks up the 20 sided die and rolls*
    Got Cowbell?

Destriarch

Quote Originally Posted by XenoDrake
    An intresting consept, only, most people would argue that Horizons is more D&D-like then D&D Online is. The core consept of Horizons is rooted in any swords and shields, dragons and dwarfs based table top game. What sets Horizons aside is the emence crafting system, which i dont think would transulate well into table top gaming.

*rolls 20 sided die* 16
    I'd disagree there and say that you're thinking a little too literally. Obviously you couldn't lift the crafting system piecemeal from the computer game, and I'd think twice about doing anything like that with combat systems or any other mechanics either. The idea is to create a system that works within the boundaries of the medium and supports the game's setting while encouraging players to make use of that system. I can think of several ways that an artifact-crafting system could be incorporated successfully into a tabletop RPG and would serve in fact to enrich the experience. It's also an approach that has not been extensively explored by previous RPG's and could really generate a lot of interest.

Ash

Thread Information