Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinner with historical figures: who would you choose?

Default Dinner with historical figures: who would you choose?

The subject pretty well sums up the topic of the thread. If you could have dinner/supper/evening meal with a historical figure (anyone, from any time / place), who would it be?

You needn't justify your reasons, and please keep things civil in case someone mentions a controversial figure.

I'll go first.

If I could have dinner with any historical figure, I'd choose: Ben Franklin.

Ophelea

Mark Twain

Edgar Allen Poe
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Count Dracula..most definatly
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

Setting aside the language barrier, either Rasputin or Thomas Jefferson.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I'd have to agree with Asteral.. Dracula aka Vlad the Impaler =P

Or Hitler!

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Setting aside the language barrier, either Rasputin or Thomas Jefferson.
    Ok, I'll bite.

Why Rasputin? I know so much about the man and find him such a flim flam artist....

Now Jefferson, he I agree with.

Probably Rasputin or Vlad in the Impaler(as others mentioned above). They're the kind of people that you know have a good sense of whats going on around them, even if their motives are...well, uncaring of the general populus.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Indeed, Ophelea, he was perhaps the greatest con man in history. I'd be fascinated to hear how he did it . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I would choose Leonardo Da Vinci
    In my view one of the most talented and interesting persons in history.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Choices, choices.

Moses, David, Solomon, Bill Gates, Hitler, Stalin, Aristotle, Sun Tzu, Genghis Khan, Yoko Ono (to see the apartment), Einstein, Simon Peter, Saul of Tarsis, Charlemagne.

I think I'd choose Gene Roddenberry.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Too many choices, to do justice I'd need to make a list and roll some dice. But seeing that mythic figures are also fair game, Odysseus might be amongst my favorites in that category. Many choices have the language barrier to overcome, but the question itself seems to assume there is a way to make it a non-issue.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Whoa wait I just re-read the question and I think i wanna change my choice....who would you most like to eat dinner with...not BE dinner with...dracula wouldn't be a very good choice in this I'm gonna wager hahaha
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

Rachel Welch. Who would not want dinner with Rachel Welch.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Indeed, Ophelea, he was perhaps the greatest con man in history. I'd be fascinated to hear how he did it . . . .
    Con Man = charisma

Even Hitler had it. Hrm...I'd really have to think if I could stand the smell.

Indeed, Ophelea--here's a guy who was nearly illiterate, a notorious drunk, a mightily infrequent bather and a womanizer. So how on earth did he manage to pull off conning Nicholas and Alexandria, literally out of a throne?

John Paul Jones
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Awesome! Warsong

I would say John Entwhitsle, but I have already sat and talked with him.....

So who haven't I spoke with....Bon Scott!

********** of Nazereth
    Benjamin Franklin
    Julius Caesar
    Socrates
    Pope John Paul II
    Robert E Lee
    Confucius (spelling?)
    Mohammad the Prophet
    Bhudda
    Sequoyah

And so many more... Aristophanes, Plato, Aristotle, any number of Greek philosophers, or Roman historians, Authors, Artists, etc, etc.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Einstein.

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

That guy cracks me up.

Mark Twain would be a close runner-up.

Thread Information