Thread: Old School Loader Mod

Default Old School Loader Mod

This Installer will install the Old School Loader. This will enable you when the game is in a loading state to show the original loader that was used at the start of the game. This loader takes a bit more cpu to run so it may lag on slower machines.

you can download the mod here
    Link Removed

I hope to have it soon in the goody collection

EDIT:

I have recently made it that it can now play certian songs at random when the loading screen appears so now we can have more varity in the music when we wait for the game to load, I will add this new feature as soon as I can get a good night rest check back soon
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; August 16th, 2006 at 08:17 PM.

could you please post a screenshot so we can aktually see the difference before isntalling?

Everbourne

I've requested screenshots of his work before without success, however it is very important to have them. If he doesnt post a screenshot soon i'd be more then happy to download it and post a screenshot for all to see. No offense directed towards blue hasai, I am sure he's just very busy with what ever new project he's working on and I wish him good luck.

posting a screen shot is something that is not in my high priority list. as everbourne said I am bussy when i get home from work I do my pc work then see what cool thing i can make for HZ and by then it is 1 in the morning and I am very very tired. when i finish a project I do not tend to go back to it unless it needs fixing.

but a screenshot for every mod would be really good, so we can see what it does before we try it out ourselves.

Everbourne

I just got back from work today and was going to post a screenshot for Blue, seeing how it only takes an avg of 1 maybe 2 minutes max to do so, but some people cant even spare that much time. With no intentions of using this mod myself I downloaded it, installed it and loaded HZ to take the screenshots for everyone... except it did not work, at all.

Some people have newer accounts since they are recently coming back or new players completely that have downloaded the game from TG, this download does not seem to come with the old AE images, So those without the original AE download or CD just have what TG gave you. In order for this to work on anyone with a newer account (newer being post AE's bankruptcy) then the modder needs to add the images. Quite frankly I use /setpref useloadingscreen false, it loads faster and I never have to stop talking to friends while loading. Anyone that wishes to use this mod just make sure you have an AE directoried Horizons game, if you have a Tulgar directoried this mod wont work for you until the images are added.

Also be advised this will make you load slower then previously unless you have a really good computer (not to mention the memory leaks HZ seeps out when teleporting anyways lol).
    Last edited by Everbourne; June 14th, 2006 at 04:03 PM.

Everbourne did you read the instructions in the installer if you did you will see it ask if the deafalt location is correct, and if it is not that you need to located HZ on your machine.

and no this does not make every one load slower, only those poeple that have slower machines(as I already stated), I still port just fine at the same speed of the current loading screen.

Everbourne

Yea thats a duh here hehe, 90% of the mods I download I have to change the directory they are going into. This one was the same case, not only did I add it to the right directory I did it manually by installing it into a folder on my desktop and manually loading the def file you made and the entire folder directory into my resource override file. Perhaps you could spend the 2 min max time it takes and post a screenshot yourself? Lol, it would help those seeking to download it probably just as much as the mod itself does..

I made a screenshot of it:
    - large version: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/down...ool_loader.jpg
    - small version: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/down...ader_small.jpg

You can use them if you want, Blue.

It's nice to see that old thing again.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thanks for posting the screen shot for me

Default Re: Old School Loader Mod

I was digging in some old files, and I found this Mod. I was wondering if it was still working. But it wasn’t: some essential files were removed from the game.
    I had got these files in some dusty folders so I repacked everything, modernized a little bit (I’m not completely sure it changes something however) and it’s now ready for use.

This is designed for veterans and nostalgia sake or younger players who are interested in the history of the game.

Here is how it looks at a modern resolution (click the image for full size):

You can download it here: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=38

The english guide to download on the website: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...rticle&artid=8
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Old School Loader Mod

THANK YOU SO MUCH Really love this
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Thread Information