Thread: Order Consigners and/or Order Silos

Default Order Consigners and/or Order Silos

On dragon chat this morning on Chaos, we batted around an idea and came up with two possible permutations:

a) order consigner - a player places an order at a central area (bulletin board, person, orb, whatever) for a specific item, how many they want, fee for service taken out at the time as well as the payment that will be given to the player(s) who fill the order. Anyone may fill that order or partial order and receive payment as set aside by the player for what they've done. Item appears in the player's vault to prevent using this for extra storage. (Note that this might overstuff a vault similar to what currently happens with items that haven't sold at the consigners, but that does limit the player's vault use). This has the benefit of being useful for resources and finished goods, as well as being in central locations (towns, player malls, etc.).

b) order silos - a silo which the player primes by placing one of the object they want to have the silo filled with, and sets a price per item with a max number of items. Again, cash is taken from the owner's account and put in an escrow for anyone who fills the order. Anyone can come by, check the silo for what it needs, and put in the requested resources. This is only good for resource gathering (helps miners and gatherers be viable business models) but it isn't centrally located so there is a drawback in terms of finding the work. This does avoid the possiblity of overstuffing though, and there is the marketplace channel for finished goods orders.
    Last edited by Oakleif; June 14th, 2006 at 11:54 AM.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I posted a poll with a description of a similar system the other day. I didn't address the idea of order silos, I think the simpler an implementation we ask for the more likely we are to get anything :P In the idea linked to below, if something similar were implemented, it could be done over time, in steps

Put your John Hancock on the dotted line (either way), and make a comment or two.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13743

I really like these ideas.

Especially the silos. A simple solution that could really help a lot of people. Not only the gatherers and miners, but also the builders that need these materials.
    I think such silos would be a great benefit to the game.

Any others have ideas? Dev input? Or is this another topic that we never get closure on as to if something is in the works, not or never to be considered.

Hey Krakk, in the thread I link to above, Smeglor notes that reverse consignment is in the works, and looks to be coming within a year. Not the priority I think it needs, but definitely a improvement over knowing nothing at all :P

Thread Information