Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: European consolidation update: 27th October 18:39 CET

Default Re: European consolidation update: 26th October 16:08 CET

hehe.. Horizons been down has meant that I could catch up with other things that have been mounting up. Built a new pc and installed Os/drivers/games for my folks, then did the same with my laptop (well formatted and installed Xp so far) as that's been playing up for about 6 months now. No applications could access the internet; i.e. Outlook, any game including Horizons (but bizarly Serious Sam works online), Media Player. IE worked of course; it was like a firewall was active but none was installed and the Windows firewall was 'disabled' apparently.

I know a fair amount about pc's, but this was beyond me so rather than mess around I backed up the hard drive on to my main pc and formatted. One word: Adv3nt. It's been cursed since manufacturer since birth but at least very rarely crashes.

Tonight if it's still down, which realistically will probably be the case, I'll finish off the laptop with software/games, read a good book for a while and a bit of Thief III.

Best regards to all from the red/white stripey one!

Spirit, Unity

Nononono! .. not still down .. precious .. must have ..

*smashes F5*
    *lights a candle for the merge goodgoing*
    *smashes more F5*
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Belzebub

...and the info is great as usually.

spajdr_fatleg

any news? its over 50 hours down already [:(]

Thanks for the updates Luca

I would like to have an ETA as i don't wanna miss and game second after the server has gone up:D

I've been so bored lately that i have even done the maintenance of my parents systems:(

Does any of you know if Horizons might be able to run on a linux machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    Thanks for the updates Luca

I would like to have an ETA as i don't wanna miss and game second after the server has gone up[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I've been so bored lately that i have even done the maintenance of my parents systems[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

This kind of procedure doesn't allow any possible ETA, but just a rough target time.

It is possible that in the afternoon we will finish the first consolidation and after a short internal test we might open it for public testing. However the more realistic scenario is to aim to finish the second consolidation (which is running faster and without any problem or error so far) and use it for the final live version of Unity. So the game could officially go online tomorrow in the late morning/early afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzebub
    ...and the info is great as usually.
    [:#]

Shamzi

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    So the game could officially go online tomorrow in the late morning/early afternoon.
    Nooooooooooooo

i have a day off today :'(

Lovice

Glad you do it this way. Better safe than sorry. [Y]

Astron

Thanks for the update Luca, but one question remains... why couldn't you just say before you started that the update could take up to 4 days. Now people start getting nervous after a day and a half, and are dissapointed when you tell them another day of downtime is added. [^o)]

Starlight-Night

tomorrow ? joking ?

i took holiday this day... just for server launch.. so we cant play today (Wednesday ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    If it used OpenGL maybe, but not directX surely unless that Windows game wrapper I seem to remember (can't recall the name) has come a long long way. Even then it would have issues surely.

hehe... I wonder what would happen if the game was made OpenSource and developed by the whole World... an MMO_OS_RPG? You'd need a dedicated design team to orchestrate such a scheme, and implementcode sent inby players in a logical wayto stop things going truely nuts.

So Luca is saying [:#] ... I wish I could do that at work. Urgh... I just want to fly something... Horizons is still down and it's blowing a gale outside! I hate the uk...

Check this out and scroll to the bottom:

http://www.rakku.co.uk

And yes, I am redoing it. [;)]

Spirit, Unity

Demitri

aahhh noo not 2morrow! oh the pain of it all lol

ah well come 2 think of it this is a gud thing, will give be time 2 finish that new game i started in baldurs gate ToB

keep up the gud work luca, remember patience is a virtue [;)]

Grr 11:00 here and stil aint up .. its about 5 hours past that ETA
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

48 hours is a reasonable estimate.. and it's just that, an estimate. It's crazy to take days off on such a basis. I'd rather wait until 7pm when I get home and try it out then.

The US consolidation took a while, so will this one. I was saying yesterday that Thursday was a reasonable shard up-time. I just want it done right, and don't care if it takes a week!

"It will be done when it's done"... I think John Carmack used that phrase, and it applies to so many areas.

Just have a little faith! [:)]

Spirit, Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Onnidrah
    Grr 11:00 here and stil aint up .. its about 5 hours past that ETA
    Have you read any of the updates posted in the last 2 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Astron
    Thanks for the update Luca, but one question remains... why couldn't you just say before you started that the update could take up to 4 days. Now people start getting nervous after a day and a half, and are dissapointed when you tell them another day of downtime is added. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img]
    Because we, just like 99% of the human beings, cannot predict future and we lack a working crystal ball add-on for Windowsthrough which we can see what will happen on the servers during a 48 hours proces.

I wouldn't mind if it would take up a week atleast if they would slay the lagg monster in this time too.

But I don't expect they will choose for this option just to let us Hz junkies get back to our addiction .

Something as big as this should not be done with great haste but atleast i now know it's safe to start reinstalling the system so I will have a fresh start when the game gets back up

Thanks for the update Luca

... a crystal ball add-on? Interesting... wait a minute... a working crystal ball add-on for Windows? Naaah -- there can be no such thing [:P]

Don't be offended by our impatience, Luca. You have the burden of parents who take their children on a holiday trip: "Are we there yet??? Are we there yet???? Are we there yet????? Now, are we there yet????"

We all feel the cold turkey of forced hz-abstinence, so tempers tend to run high.

Take all the[O] you need to do a good job -- and once we have our first working taverns, join us in Istaria for some[B][B][B]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information