Thread: Broken map at 14/06 update

zace66

Default Broken map at 14/06 update

Anyone any idea why since tonights patch my map is random squares of map - recognisable and some are in the right place, but I cant see anything on it or any markers.

I know the prefs file was supposedly reset - but checking mine, it was still teh override. I have reinstalled pekkas v3.2 markers, but that doesn't affect the map which is my main problem.

If you are using the new Blight client the pref file for your map is no longer in your Char folder but in the root Pref folder. I was messing with the blight client and had that problem till I figured out I had to up date the new master pref file.

zace66

nope - blight client ?
    im just on the standard unity game - but i see there is a new default pref file in there - so i have tried updating that one, rather than the individual character file.
    If it works i willlet you know - but im not holding my breath.

zace66

WOW it worked

basically there are 3 new files in the prefs directory and update that one and it all works

That is the new blight client that was pushed live to the NA serevrs today you guys also got it at the same time we did.

No, some (many?) of us are just patching from US servers via the hosts file redirect, so we get client-side updates the same time you do. I fear someday there'll be a patch that requires a simultaneous client and server side patch, and we're gonna be shafted.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

We didnt get the new client yet. I would bet that zace66 used the workaround for the "coulnd patch" error on Unity and entered the IP for the US Patchserver in the hosts file.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

zace66

I did indeed use the workaround, ie fix the HOSTS file by adding this entry
    68.142.64.216 patch.eu.istaria.com

is that IP address the US server?
    is there a fix that uses the EU server?

Yes, that is the US server.

No, the issue is that the EU server is broken, so anything using the EU server is moot.

After you've atched once, you can revert the change and use the EU server. I suggest you don't, though, since you will patch back two or three patches.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information