Thread: Trials of the Gifted (NT) Quest

Default Trials of the Gifted (NT) Quest

So I decided to try and complete this quest on my main character. Am only having one problem. I was able to get all of the tokens save one. The Imperial Assessor of Knowledge will only say "You have learned much by completing this quest. I hope you have the wisdom to use the knowledge well." No token was given and I've not completed this before ever. He appears to be bugged (at least for this character). I did try relogging to no benefit. Any ideas?

Ophelea

Submit a ticket on this one, please.

ok, submitted. Thank you.

Daeanor

This quest was a big disappointment to me. I had literally been playing the game for no more than an hour, and just left the Spirit Isle and landed in NT. I had no idea where town was, so naturally, I ran the wrong way. I came across the Assessor of Endurance, saw he had a quest, and accepted it, then made my slow way with his burden to town and completed it. Then I found there was a master quest, which I picked up. I did all the parts, thinking it was a pretty cool quest ... but the quest giver would not recognize that I already did the Endurance part. I even had the token, but no good. So, I went back to the Assessor, who essentially said, "sorry, you did this already." I tried deleting the token, still no good. I tried deleting the main quest, and now I was really broken - I couldn't re-do any of the subquests. I just deleted all the tokens, and the quest, and that's the end of it. It can't be completed because a newb didn't know the quest he accepted was really a subquest. Subquest NPC's simply should not offer a quest if it's really part of another quest, or updates should be retroactive - when I talk to the main quest giver, he should recognize I already did part of his requirements.

Other quests have similar flaws. Doing a tradeskill quest, I notice that if the NPC wants 35 sandstone bricks, and I already have 20 on me, those 20 will never be recognized. I have to make 35 new ones. Shouldn't I be able to just make 15? If I gather more than what I need for the quest, they can never be applied to the next quest. It's just a rotten way of handling quest updates.

Thread Information