Thread: Can't Log in -- Transport Error 11

geckardt

Red face Can't Log in -- Transport Error 11

AARRRRRGGH! I haven't been able to play for three days! I have entered a ticket (#82429), but no response yet. I get the same result when trying to log in through standalone launcher or web. It will look like everything is going fine, but it will stop loading when the initial screen is on "Looking up character stats". The game window will then close and pop up a message that says:

Transport Error
    Error ID: 11
    The login process was unsuccessful because the client was unable to connect to any authentication server. This occurs when the authentication server is offline or there is a network error. Please wait a few minutes and try logging in again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail. My firewall settings are set to allow all Horizons traffic. Everything was working fine until 6/14/06. I don't know if new game updates caused a problem or what. Please help!! I'm having withdrawals! Thanks for your help....

One of the first things you should always do it shut down the firewall and try, never ever trust its doing as it says it is.

geckardt, its incoming traffic not outgoing that you opened for, right? Reyem may correct me (its been a long time since I did much with hardware for horizons) but I believe it required ports 47701-47704, 47101-47110.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

geckardt

Talking Thank You!!!

Hey guys, thanks so much for your help. I turned off my firewall and tried to login. It worked. Don't know why I never had a problem up to this point, but I am just glad to be able to play! Thanks for your input!!!

Now you know the problem, you can work on putting the firewall back up with the right settings

A bit of advice that I got from TG CS (Reyem maybe?) on this a while back.

To paraphrase: "the (web-based) patcher makes the .exe file forget previous firewall allowed ports whenever it is patched. so... disallow and then reallow horizons.exe in your firewall allowed list every time it patches."

I do this and it works.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Depending on which firewall software you use, of course...
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Indeed. My firewall appears to track changes to .exe files on its allow list, so every time HZ client executable updates, the firewall ask me for traffic permission when I next try logging in. Oh yeah, work thta firewall back on ASAP geckardt. It is not a good idea at all to run a net connected Windows without firewall protection.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information