Thread: What's your favorite class or multi class combination and why?

Default What's your favorite class or multi class combination and why?

I was just trying to decide what kind of character I wanted to build when I start playing Horizons.

Can you all tell me some of your favorite classes or muliti class chracter you play and why its your favorite?

Healer/Druid/Spiritist

you can change
    Healer with Cleric and
    Spiritist with Bloodmage. but i like the first mentioned combo more. A blood mage gets a real good blood bolt but only he can use it, so no multiclass and he gets less blight skill and lower syphon and area syphon versions.

reason: all schools can use all spells or the others.
    so you can heal/buff/area damage/area stun/deal a lot of damage to a single enemy with spirit bolt

if you take mage or warrior schools (mage/wizzard/warrior...) you can use only 2 heals.

if you have more time then lvl mage (for max power and multicast)
    and monk for max dex and evasion, but you dont need them really

btw: im no profi at multiclass ^^ there can be much better combos =)

I love playing my Ranger/Healer/Conjurer. I find archers just fun, even if gimped.

First you take a disciple. After that you pretty much can't go wrong if you put some thought into it.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Reaver is fun is a few back up schools for ability and buffs. Etheral blade + multistrike = mithril golem down. And with Warrior/Battelmage/Guardian in multiclass you can do funny area attacks with your axe.

I am an odd hybrid... Scout/Ranger/Cleric/Mage

With scout as my first 100, and with stuns from ranger, I have never felt especially gimped. Cleric has of course allowed me to get better heals than I would have from ranger alone, and I never really liked the play style of druids, so never upped that for better nature skills.

If uber is what your looking for, then my build will not make you happy. If however, your looking for an interesting build, that can provide challenge and a sense of accomplishment, then you may like my setup. My build is more tactical than brute force. Where some builds are all about power and damage, mine is about control and tactics. I have no problem clearing spawns, but just do it in increments of 1-3. And as is true for all builds, there are mobs I can plow through, and mobs that are a challenge.

Armor choices, weapon choices, crystal choices, and tactical style can make or break any build. So, decide what your ultimate goal is for your build, learn what it takes to get there, and take your time to learn your skills well.

Healer\Druid\Spiritist.

I'm a healer at heart, so for me it's only about which schools can heal. I originally added spiritist to give myself some fighting ability as well. I play mostly as druid as they can wear better armour than spiritists. With all the multiclassing around these days and dragons being able to super rez, I don't see any point in playing as healer.
    I also have 100 levels of warrior which I took for the armour use, but as soon as I hit 100 I was back in a healing/casting class.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

I like being a Spirit Disciple, so in order to run around as one I added Guardian (for a number of great abilities and being able to whip around a quarterstaff, more than quadrupleing my damage), and Healer/Cleric so that I can throw some buffs and heal myself.

I like being a Spirit Disciple because I am not bothered by going into combat in cargo gear. The damage difference is not particularly significant. Or if I get caught out in the field with only a fishing pole, I can still pull a Jackie Chan on the wandering Furious grouk/Blood Skulk.

My wife favoured the Spiritist/Healer combo, which is really a nice match. Staying power of healing, along with decent damage. Focus from Healer is a nice boost to spells landing too.

-HratLi

Only Spearman

I'm usually the only one though. I like it because while it's not all powerful like some multiclassed combos, and getting adds on mobs of my level or higher means run or die, AND I suck against casters since they can bomb the crap out of me, I still do pretty darn well for myself. And that's enough for me cuz I've never been much for min/maxing.

Well, I have a sorta strange combo; BTLM to 100, PLDN 85+, SORC 50+ and ICED working on 100. It's been a fun deal, but definitely not as effective (or powerful) as my DRU 100 with only HLR 50+. I can take on lots more as a druid (even with only tier 3-4 spells) than I can on my other with tier 4-5 spells, even with all of those classes. I guess it just depends on your playstyle and what works, is fun, or whatever.

Zerker with a little bit of everything else thrown in. Zerker and Guardian were fun. Currently 100 in Zerker Guardian and Healer.

Elemental Archer but i am only 62. The Elemental Arrows are fun.:-)
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

For me it is Crossbowman, Warrior, Healer with a few mage levels for some small weapon buffs and a few monk levels for foresight. There are few crossbowman, but the plate does help me tank the mobs until I can get around to killing them all.

For a long time I was 100 in mage/wizard/conj/sorc

certainly lacked the survivabilty of other 4x100 builds, but it makes up for that with the insane damage capabilitys and crowd control.

more recently I've added chaos warrior to that, just to try a melee/spellcast hybrid thing. It is also very fun.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Well I got basicly two main chars:

Joaqim, caster style but was RVR + Healer Multiclass from the very beginning and now:
    RVR for HP and Shield skill
    Healer, well for heals and buffs
    Mage for Power
    Conjurer for MC II mastered and some buffs
    Spirit Discible for Evasion
    Spiritist for spirit skill
    SHMN for some debuffs and DoT's
    Wizzard (72) to master Acceleration
    Ranger (76) to master natures path, Fleet of Foot (running fast is good as crafter, well rapid fire stance helps as well)
    Druid as main school, CoT and a pretty nice HoT, allows to cast all Nature and most Spiri stuff and allways welcome as group healer.
    Has most crafts but working on Weaver lvls for a bit more Dex

Beleenda is Melee:
    Cleric for Buffs and revitals
    Guardian for Guardians force, Quake attack and passive STR bonus
    Berserker for 2HS and well a bit evasion doen't hurt either
    Conjurer for self buffs (Flame/Ice attack V, Infix Furry)
    BTLM (90) for Energy Sabre, Shimmer Field and Energy attack IV
    Monk 60 for Special attack adept
    Chaos Warrior 40 for Unbridled Energy
    Paladin as active school, sacrices defences for dmg output but can one shot most of the undead buggers around if full charged.
    and right two back-up crafts:
    Weaver 100 for max Dex
    Fitter 100 for max STR
    Last edited by Joaqim; June 16th, 2006 at 06:48 PM.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Healer/Reaver/Shaman/Spiritist

While I play healer most of the time when grouping, I like to play reaver also.
    Reaver has blight and spirit skills already, and when you take shaman and spiritist to enhance those powers, it is a kick butt combo if you love melee.
    GhostRdr - Formerly GM of the guild previously known as The Dark Council

Accomplishments
    Adv. - 100 Reaver, Healer, Shaman, Conjurer, Spiritist, Guardian, Sorcerer, Wizard, Mage

Craft - 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Weaponsmith, Fitter, Spellcrafter

Moved on from the realm of Istaria since August 2006

Adv: Ranger/Spearman/Druid/Healer all in hand, Mage and Storm Disc in progress.

Cft in support: Weaver and Fitter also mastered. (several other CFT schools but none that modify the Adv build)

I can and do swap between Ranger and Spearman on a need basis, but my basic set is to remain in Ranger and use what mastered abilities and defensive improvements (shield block and weapon parry) when need calls for me to take the sole attention of the foe for a time. A Style over Substance build, but one I greatly enjoy, and really that is what matters.

((Note: for entirely Roleplaying reasons I neither train in nor use Spirit skills, Blight skills, or Blighted equipment))
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Thread Information