View Poll Results: What to do with the Radiant Wisps?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave them be as they are now in the game.

12 18.75%
  • Remove the wisps all together (others did it with bonus resources, so can you).

1 1.56%
  • Increase spawn rate and number of wisps.

37 57.81%
  • Remove radiant wisps from the game Or increase the spawn rate of wisps.

14 21.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with the Radiant Wisps?

Question What to do with the Radiant Wisps?

Reading the fora and in game I get the feeling that people are not happy about the Radiant Wisps at all, me included.
    So this is a poll to get the feeling of the player base (visiting the fora) about the issue of the Radiant Wisps?

Please vote as you wish and leave a comment if you feel the need.
    And remember everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion.
    I do not want to start a flame war here. All I want to do is give the players a way to vent their feelings and what a better way to do it then by using a poll.

Salis

Radiant wisps are still the second easiest T6 to get in game. Only Travertine is easier. Theres no need to change them now until they add in all T6 resource nodes for everyone.
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

It's quicker overall to repeatedly milk 1 wisp for essence, than it is to transmute. It *certainly* isn't exciting to wait for the wisp to regenerate. Same way its dead boring to wait 5 minutes for the purple necrofly field to repopulate. Devs do stupid things that make the game less enjoyable, all the time. I don't think they actually play the game any more.

What it isn't faster to do, is find an uncamped radiant wisp to do this to. I spent 3 hrs on my dragon scouring wisp fields for the radiant wisps and found not a one besides the one that was posted on the boards. So that would be 3 hrs for -zero- radiant orbs versus 3 hours for ~250 radiant orbs (via transmutation)... seems to me like there really wasn't a reason for everyone to run out to the radiant cenotaph and get the formula.

I'll have to disagree with Robins though - thornwood is definitely quicker to gather (by killing/harvesting treeants then running disks back to harro - your mileage may vary based on your ability to kill them quickly) than radiants, even with the questionable nerfs to the thornwood field and shop. There's probably 60-80 thornwood nodes, i mean treeants (in a large spawn) versus (a not certainly known but probably in the single digit range) radiant wisps spread across (20? 30? wisp fields, some of which are as big as the thornwood field).

Edit: Heck, you probably can't walk 15 seconds in the thornwood field without finding a treeant. When the radiant situation is the same, it will be fixed.

As I said before - don't hang up your alteration wand. It's overall only a tiny little baby step better than not having the wisps at all.
    Last edited by Sparkinaranthus; June 20th, 2006 at 03:21 AM.

the question is:

frustrate the players or give them a reason to gather radiant orbs

its ok that it is no easy task but i want to have fun ingame and not to be frustrated like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    its ok that it is no easy task but i want to have fun ingame and not to be frustrated like hell.
    Bingo. There is a distinct line between a challenge and stupidly hard. We're pretty well past that here.
    Lumineux Talar

i'd like to see a couple spots for radiant wisp spawn in rather deadly areas, like entrenched in the ED or even on the satyr isles where mobs spawn. not easy to get to or safe to harvest, but reliable to find. come to think of it, why not have them amidst the thornwood forest like other wisps are in forests of their tier?
    Last edited by awdz; June 20th, 2006 at 10:52 AM.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

You know, we have that island next to Lerena that has the rope bridge and nothing there. Why not put a radiant wisp field there with an essence circle? To make it more friendly, have it include brights and shinings as well. Sort of an Isle of Wisp #2.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Well, as a pattern you see Dims in with the Cedar Treants, the Pales in with the Elm Treants, for all those howling, moaning and shedding the tears perhaps they should remove all the current Radiant wisp spawns and drop a dozen or so into the middle of the Thornwood Treant spawns. Would that satisfy the masses? I think it would be a smashing idea, and I'd support it 100%
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Well, as a pattern you see Dims in with the Cedar Treants, the Pales in with the Elm Treants, for all those howling, moaning and shedding the tears perhaps they should remove all the current Radiant wisp spawns and drop a dozen or so into the middle of the Thornwood Treant spawns. Would that satisfy the masses? I think it would be a smashing idea, and I'd support it 100%
    That works for me Seranthor!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Gee... original idea Seranthor... </sarcasm off>

We all know wisps hang out with the treants... why? don't know... but it would go to show that in the middle of the dark thornwood fields there should be some radiant wisps.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Well I voted to increase the radiant spawn. But I'm also satisfied when you drop more whisps in the middle of the thornwood treeants, would make more sense for me than 6 whisps floating arround all over istaria.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Oh I'm not in favor of the rogue 6 AND thornwood spawn... I"m saying remove the rogue 6 completely and/or move them to the thornwoods.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I voted to increase. However, I don't believe it should be increased much.

Much of the problem here is that bipeds really do not care about the wisp because they can transmute orbs. Dragons however are the only people (That I am aware of) that actually need the raw essence.

So of course they will say they don't need more wisps. They can transmute faster than finding that one wisp and squeezing it dry, and letting it regen and squeezing a little more.....
    1. This isn't a biped vs dragon thing.
    2. In my experience transmutation is not faster.

Rocinante

And... as we can tell by your sig there Kumu... you are either jelous of the biped for being able to do what you can apparently not do... or you think you need everything your way... I personally voted (soley mind you) to remove all the radiants from the game... as it doesnt really help anyone to have them at this moment anyway... additionally I would most likely remove all the rest of the T6 stuff, as obviously we can all transmute anything we want. Personally, I cannot transmute everything I want, nor do I have the time nor energy to lvl up a craft school able to do that.. nor am I willing to try to get all them transmute forms.. What I am willing to do however is put everyone on the same lvl and would suggest that all T6 be released at the same time, perhaps with the upcomming expansion, or perhaps another time...

<prepares for the emminant flames by donning his asbestos suit>

edit: not removing text or anything.. but just commenting that apparently Im in that arsy sort of mood today.. dont take it personally Kumu..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Ummmm perhaps they need time to evolve beofre they end up at there own spawn? Do you think its realistic that they all of a sudden or "BAM" in the middle of the Thornwoods? Just a thought.

But then again I guess we just "BAM" add alot of stuff so what the heck

Or maybe its "BAM" "Nerf" "BAM" Nerf" "BAM" "Nerf"

ROFL

Jayne

Could always wait 2 full years for them after the need has been acknowledged. But I bet you get them way before that.

Obviously my your opinion on Balance has not swayed your more then obvious distain for the biped in the game... while true this game has the ability to play a dragon... no one has forced you to do such. I personally feel that the inclusion of radiant wisps at this point in the game is still premature as they still have, as of yet, to implace any other T6 resources, other then what was already in game. Sure... you might say that you "need" the resource.. but I "need" Adamantium... or I "need" Steelsilk... I notice that you are not complaining about all the other things that you "dont" have... *edited by Ophelea - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS
    Last edited by Ophelea; June 21st, 2006 at 05:31 PM.

I would like to add one final thing... When it comes to Tier6 resources, throw your expectations out of the window as they do not apply. Tier6 resources will not work like other resources. They might be rare, they might be blighted, heavily guarded, etc. But they will not be common or easy like the other Tiers.

Radiant is working exactly as designed. Thornwood is now working exactly as designed. Travertine will soon be working as designed. Others may appear in the future, and they too will not meet expectations of Tiers 1 to 5.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Kumu - You do come across as disdainful of people who play biped characters here on the forums. So you can't be too surprised when people get defensive. And you don't post here on the forums as a player of Horizons with a dragon slant. You post here as a dragon-playing Horizons player who can't stand bi-ped players.

EDIT: When it comes to technical issues and helping people out with those, that attitude doesn't come across.. only when we're talking about in-game issues do I see it. And I'm only talking about what I've observed here on the boards over the course of the last month or so. It's all I've got to go on.
    Last edited by Magnir; June 21st, 2006 at 04:49 AM.

<off topic>
    I want to thank Magnir for posting what has been obvious to me for quite a while now, but up till now have been quitely waiting to speak up...

Kumu, I am sorry that you feel that taking the name of God in vain is the only way you can get your point across.

I do understand that you feel that Dragons are still a few years behind in the Dev cycle.

Understand though please where I am comming from. Nearly every post I have read of yours in the suggestions section, and here in General always tend to come back to the same thing "Dragons are not balanced with bipeds."

My question is... Who says they are supposed to be? If it is the Dev team.. then fine.. then they may have something to work on.... if it is a player (and until you get on the Dev team you are still just a player like me) Then they will look at it Im sure.. and decide if they are comparable enough to not mess with anymore for a bit... And in all honesty... I think Dragons are well enough balanced for the time being...

With that said, Im sure that when they do the class restructure/revamp that Ive heard is comming, they will probably balance Dragons and bipeds a little better at that time, but continually harping about imbalance is now quite annoying.
    </off topic>

Thank you Amon for your post about the Radiant spawning "situation" but I still feel that all T6 resources should be taken out except for bonus', balanced or not.

Thread Information