Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double experience

lordmrcos

Smile Double experience

Why not making double up xp on the weekends?
    It is very hard to level and not many ppl on for grouping bicuse of the adventuer rating,

It will be nice to get some more xp on the weekend, because there is so many schools to play and making them on than same character give you very high rating and make it almost impassable to level unless I make this game to my job and not to something I spouse to have fun from a GAME.
    thank you for reading

Any respond is welcome

Why weekends?... why not on Mon and Tues... or Thur and Friday... Who is to determine which 2 days constitute 'weekend'? It's my opinion that if you want a high rating or want to level A, B, C classes then you should earn them. Personally I dont like this idea because its not earning anything, its a demand for special dispensation.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Hard to level? Are you playing a different version of Horizons to me?

Giving double xp on weekends is unfair on those who have to work saturdays and sundays and can only play during the week. To be honest I really don't think its needed, I've found Horizons to be easier to level (and a lot more fun to level) than some games I've played.

Have you come from SWG by any chance? They were very good at giving double xp to make up for the downtimes they kept suffering. For someone who was already a master it was a bit of a kick in the teeth and made me feel the effort I had put in to become a master was worthless.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Besides the reasons stated above they are doing it to get more people to play on blight to test things so they are not as buggy as they are now coming to live. If they added such to live serves why go play on blight? Also if you like it so much why not help out and play on blight? That way you can get the double XP and also help make the game better.

Depending on the server you are on and if you are in a guild could have a drastic impact on how fast you level. Double exp is something I personally would not like to see. My dragon is only level 57 adv and is over 800 days old. When I decide to raise him to ancient (level 90) I would feel almost cheated if I got double exp when most of my friends (who are already ancients) were able to acheive ancient status with normal exp. So my vote is for MORE CHOCOLATE GNOMES! errr wrong thinking I would have to vote no for double exp.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

This Post: Yes, I want an "I WIN" button....

Go to Staples, buy an "Easy" button

One of the things I like about this game is the amount of gas you give your car the faster it goes. So depending on how hard you stomp on the pedal = your progression.

I have found that if you just go to a nice hunting ground with your favorite Mob de Jour at your level, you will find it to be 'almost' challenging and the XP is decent enough that in about 2 or 3 hours of constant battle, you will get enough trophies / XP to level once (or twice) solo.

Get a friend, and even though the XP is lower, you can mow through more of them quicker with a smaller risk factor (and then fight over the loot... what... ever... loot... there... is...)

If the spawn runs out.... move on to the next Mob de Jour. Here is a hint. if you are around 30th level, go to Abandon Isle. The ruxus are plentiful, have a high spawn rate, and there are regular and large ones there. You CANNOT kill them fast enough solo. Even with 2 or 3 hunters, there is usually more on the way within seconds.

That is just one example. There are many places with high spawn rates and low risk where you can have fun and not need double experience.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Ummm, no.

Just no.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Why dont we just have 2x xp during maint... that way only the Devs can login and get the xp...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

what if there were bonus experience for certain tiers on certain nights?

That way you could try to concentrate characters of similar rankings to foster some group hunting and maybe have a tier-appropriate event happen...

I dont really see that happening either...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I'm playing on blight and let me tell you that the double experience is a mixed bag. You're constantly playing catch-up and even with double cash from the pawn brokers you aren't making as much scratch as you would leveling at a normal pace.

I'd go back to Order if it weren't for the fact that I love to test. But it does make sense for the test server as you really can't get involved with testing most of the changes at low levels, which is why I'm sticking it out.

No player on Blight, to the best of my knowledge, asked for this double experience stuff. We realize why it was done, but I agree with Kelsaka in that it "cheapens" your accomplishments. There are a number of characters on Blight that went through all of the grind to create their characters, just as live players have done. The fact remains that more testers make for a better de-bugged game, and that is the primary purpose of the Blight shard. Any that play there, on a permanent basis, know this. To that end, this change is welcomed.

Much of the testing needing to be done requires fairly high-level characters. It would be silly to ask people to help test stuff and make them go through the same grind as regular play. The double coin part is mainly because of the normal population in Blight. Many posts have complained about the lack of an economy on the live shards. The problem is exacerbated when the normal population is only about 20 people.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Off topic but to address the small community issue on blight.. having a player channel called "Old Blight".. well, I'm leary about joining it as I'm afraid of getting an attitude from the players assuming that I wanted an easy ride and that's why I rolled on Blight.

Be nice to the new comers.. some of us actually only rolled up our characters there 2 weeks before the exp. change. Seeing an "Old Blight" player-created channel is fairly disheartening.

UO had this feature too

the first hour you play your char per day you gained more exp/skillpoints

but i dont like this feature in HZ because this game is too easy atm

you gain enough exp adventuring / crafting. OK casual players will see this different, but this is the price of RL

if your priority for other things is higher then its ok, else change your priority

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast
    The double coin part is mainly because of the normal population in Blight. Many posts have complained about the lack of an economy on the live shards. The problem is exacerbated when the normal population is only about 20 people.
    Does this mean Unity will get double coin too?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

*g*

hehe yes we on unity feel lonely too

15-30 players is the norm now

lordmrcos

Smile maybe i think diffrent

For a start most of you are old players and your adventure ratting is higher which make you stronger and eszyer to play or level by trophies
    When was the last time you guys tried to make new character with no help?
    Second maybe I am at the wrong game but it’s a game and it should be fun and challenge to play and not make it into a work.
    I do not have all day to play maybe a couple of hours a day and looks like it can take a year to get to high level and I don't see the fun in doing that, mostly because the fun start when u can go into high level areas and buy killing lvl10 beetles. You doesn’t have to agree with me it’s just my opinion. It can be random dates to, maybe without even telling which day it will happen
    And about you old players who don’t think it fair, if you had to work hard to get to what you are today will you want your kids to do the same or will you give them what you can and the things you didn’t have?
    Take care all and remember it’s just a game

Sir, with all due respect, because you only play 2hrs a day that entitles you to more experience than the person that plays more? IF you want something then earn it, and STOP looking for the easy button. If that drives you away from here then so be it.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by lordmrcos
    For a start most of you are old players and your adventure ratting is higher which make you stronger and eszyer to play or level by trophies
    I've only been playing Horizons since August last year, which works out as 61 days in game. My adventure rating is 43 and my highest combat level is 39 Ranger. I'm unable to work at the moment so yes I can spend quite a while in game during the week, but I've also spent entire weeks offline and my character hasn't suffered for it.

I've started two new characters since the Spirit Isle was added for new players (one on Chaos and one on Blight, before the Blight xp change) neither of them are guilded and have had no assistance from my main character.

I know what its like to be a new player starting with nothing but beginner equipment and this game really doesn't need double xp at weekends!

And about you old players who don’t think it fair, if you had to work hard to get to what you are today will you want your kids to do the same
    Even though I'm not an old player (I'm only 25) yes, because then I know they will appreciate it more.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Thread Information