Thread: List with Class-Abilities?

Default List with Class-Abilities?

Simple Question to all Fellow-Monks: Is any1 able to post a list (or a link to) of all gained Abilities from lvl 1-100?

I'm working on a sheet where i put on all relevant informations about monks. Gains of skills and stats per level, how the Equipment can be teched, where trainer is and many more. I can find out most abilities myself, as i am lvl 100 and just have to take a closer look as soon as our new shard is back up again, but:

- Why Re-Invent the wheel if any1 might have done that before? [;)]

- I would miss the ones my highest versions have overwritten.
    F.ex. all those "Coordinate Strike I-IX"

Any1 able to help?

Default Re: List with Class-Abilities?

You can find a list on the main community page:
    http://community.istaria.com/index.aspx?pg=schools&cntr=1

Just search under adventure schools and monk.

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

"A master of melee damage, the Monk makes a superb melee damage dealer."

superb damage dealer?! ROFL!!!!!
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

Haha.... I forgot that was the original description. Itshould be, "Can deal more damage with a bucket than any other class in the game. "

On the plus side, if that is class 'vision' then we have some good times ahead if they ever get around to balancing.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Quote Originally Posted by HratLi
    You can find a list on the main community page:
    http://community.istaria.com/index.aspx?pg=schools&cntr=1

Just search under adventure schools and monk.
    Ahhh, just what i was looking for - thx a lot HratLi!

Really did not think that the community-page would have some real value - so i didn't look there .... [;)]

aceracer24

I am looking for some info but not just on monk...is there someplace that has the skills each class gets. I don't mean just evade/bow/unarmed...I'm talking like str,dex,power,focus....stuff like that. Thought tazoon had it and was uping this site had it but all they list is per class skills like evaded/bow. Would be helpful especially to thoughs wanting to know what craft to take to make up for what thier class is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon
    "A master of melee damage, the Monk makes a superb melee damage dealer."
    Quote Originally Posted by HratLi
    Itshould be, "Can deal more damage with a bucket than any other class in the game. "
    **I think pure monk's improveddodge should be effective vs multiple attackers as it once stated and did**

I realise this isn't what most players are looking for in a monk, but it is one way to work monk into "a superb melee damage dealer."
    1st point... Chain attack does allow a monk to achieve a higher damage modifier than most melee classes. Granted... as has been pointed out, this does little good with a low base damage.
    2nd... Though no skill in any of these are earned; all monk classes are able to wield a staff or quarterstaff and monks can also wield a club/ cudgel. With the right multi-classing and good timeing a monk "can deal more damage with a bucket staff than any other class in the game".

With these 2 points in mind there are quite a few viable set ups. I chose Guardian / Spirit Disciple. Chaos Warrior / Flame or Ice Disciple works just as well. Thoughhaveing less strength andtighter on trains... Spiritist / Storm Disciple or Battlemage / Ice Disciplealso work well and the Monk / Druid who posted shouldn't have any trouble setting him/herself up for solid damage.

Though it is trickier than any other melee due to switching between UA and staff, one gets to keep the speed of a monk and still strike with the power of a warrior. It truely is the best of both worlds.

Iago

While staff is equiped we do not get the faster attack speed - we get the same attack delay as any other class using the same staff. So what you are saying is that monks can deal good damage if they change school and become something else. Go figure.

I've completed guardian and sprd (and a few others). After the hunt last night that generated the combat log I thought I would try using my fine yew quaterstaff.

Multistrike was 5 hits for 200+

Thats some nice damage but I can't use spirit punch (borked) or my sexy chains while using a staff.

I guess If you wanted to use a staff for the generic melee attacks and then switch back it might work
    BUT we shouldn't have to we just should not have to use anything outside hands or handwraps.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information