Thread: Maintenance or what?

Thumbs down Maintenance or what?

Opened Horizons this morning at 05.45 BST to check on maintenance. Page clearly states that maintenance is being undertaken. Log in page, however, shows all chars and it is possible to log in to the game. Since GN seems unable to keep the information up to date despite all the promises on their new web pages, could someone at Tulga give them a large nudge to let the paying customers know what exactly is going on. Note that a gentle nudge will probably not work as they appear to have fallen asleep. Please note that this is not a flame but simply yet another plea for help from a frustrated Horizons addict.

its 16:00 currently and i cant log in keep getting transport error id57 ...
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Looks like the log in server has now been taken down - no chars showing on page. I think that they took the game server down this morning but left the log in server running. Hence the reason why our char names were still on the log in page. Errors are due to the game server being down.
    Last edited by aegor; June 22nd, 2006 at 02:15 PM.

Post from "GN Online" on the GN Unity forum stating that they are having problems with the maintenance etc. At least they have actually said something.

Irih

Quote Originally Posted by aegor
    Post from "GN Online" on the GN Unity forum stating that they are having problems with the maintenance etc. At least they have actually said something.

miracles DO happen!

20:42, now i can see my chars, but when i log in after message "welcome to istaria .... "nothing happens ... is it just me or everyone getting this ?

well i can get in no problems... however:

Mining: I use Mining Tool III then am informed I cannot mine with that tool
    Buffs: Only half my buffs actually work, despite it saying "x cast", eg. if i watch my health and cast True Grit, it says "You cast True Grit" but i get no icon and no health boost
    Crafting: Some things work fine, others, e.g. Journeyman Metal Bar items refuse to work. Just sits there on "Requesting formula..." which i sat through for a good 15 mins before giving up.

Methinks GN royally screwed up today.

i gave up for tonight, being able to loot 1 corpse out of 6 is not my idea of a good hunt.

zace66

I had that too - as did most people in our guild. Hey, Hiya Pevil!!!
    At least we could kill things, but that was about it.
    I could only make the one item I had first made in that session, so was limited slightly, and the quest givers would give out quests either, so not fun.
    Random looting was amusing too.

lets hope we have another days downtime to fix this...err hours downtime would be nice, but i'm realistic!
    ------------
    Smaugus (First Born Hatchling)
    Glittar (First Born domestic assistant)

What about having an extended downtime to try getting Unity's Databse closer to NA ones ?

It would prevent such issues...

I don't mind if the game's down for a couple of days as long we don't meet this problem any more.

agree Milandra.

Sure its annoying, but they could take the game down today (i'm at work, i don't mind ) and ok, it'd be frustrating not to be able to play, but thats far less frustrating than being able to see your character and even kill things, but not be able to craft/loot or even do any quests!

Thread Information