Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help us! do something!

To move your 'toon from Unity (GN) to NA (TG). TG would have to have access to the database to GET your 'toon. Hence the problem.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000
    just in regards to the rumours that TG wouldn't be able to get the database... can't we ask to have our chars moved to NA and Blight? Which would suggest to me that they can indeed get/have rights to the database. Even if they had to pay GN off at the end... *crosses fingers*
    If the way that the arrangement works is anything like the way my company works the data remains the sole property of the entity that purchased the software. So if they are asked to stop using the software for whatever reason the data remains theirs to do with as they please. I actually believe there's some sort of law about that in North America now to stop software companies from holding other companies for ransom but not being a lawyer that's only slightly better than speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    To move your 'toon from Unity (GN) to NA (TG). TG would have to have access to the database to GET your 'toon. Hence the problem.
    yeah i'm aware of that, its just i'm sure I read somewhere that you can request your Unity char copied to Chaos or Order, hence, at the moment at least, I'm assuming GN willingly send over toon records. Course if it all went wrong, they might not be so willing.

From the sounds of it, we're never gonna know.

You can't copy from Unity to Chaos or Order

I have a bad, bad feeling when I read what Lucca wrote on the GN boards today....

quote:
    Anyhow, to put this to a rest... it looks like that the news about Horizons, Unity and the European Community that have been gone missing for months will arrive quite soon... if you have waited until now, I'm pretty sure that you could wait with us for a few more days.
    unquote
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

yeah i'm aware of that, its just i'm sure I read somewhere that you can request your Unity char copied to Chaos or Order, hence, at the moment at least, I'm assuming GN willingly send over toon records. Course if it all went wrong, they might not be so willing.

Sir, I doubt the validity of that rumor most vigorously, because IF in fact folks were allowed to move part and parcel off Unity to a NA server then the Unity masses would have done it long ago from the lack of GN service. With regard to your assumption about GN 'willingly' sending toon records to TG, no way in creation. As I see it the only thing GN is 'willing' to do is continue to fleece their EU consumers, and attempt to blame the situation on TG.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Doombreak
    It's been 6 or 7 weeks now since uniy has the last patchs we are still without radiant wisps and maybe 3 other patchs im not too sure ive lost count
    Another week .. another patch for NA ....

Another week ... still unity is unpatched ....

This is actually becoming a very serious joke ....

It used to be that GN could be at least relied upon to apply the patches to Unity even if the support was not good ... But even that has failed now ... Just why should the players play anymore ... As a 2 year veteran , I am less likely to log in each day as the servers diverge ...

A while ago Tulga made it possible for Unity players to create NEW CHARACTERS on Order or Chaos with their existing GN accounts (without having to buy a Tulga account). Some people misunderstood this to mean that a transfer of existing characters was possible. It never was, alas.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information