Thread: Questions

Basher

Default Questions

Howdy, I was taking a look in the stores about some new MMORPGs since World of Warcraft is now getting boring for me. I was wandering if anyone could tell me if this is worth actually playing. I am just looking to do something with my time these days and learn something new, I have purchased it in the past when it first came out and was shot down with all the glitches and invisible monsters instantly killing me from no where haha. Maybe that was beta days but oh well. Is there still alot of glitches? What is the best character class I should start with in your opinion and is there any end game content or is it all just level based? Heh thanks so much.... if you have anything else to add please tell me... I am so bored these days lol

What is it your looking for in a game?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Basher

I am looking for something I can put my dedication and time into.... with out sounding cheesy and something to make some cool friends who arent all up tight and who are willing to just mess around...something where once i have hit maxium level there is still something I can do and work on...just something that I can experience i guess

In that case I suggest giving Horizons a try. Chances are most of the issues you remember from launch are fixed, or at least gretly reduced. Granted, there are still a lot of things left to improve, but it is leaps and bounds beyond what it was at launch.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Basher

That is good to hear lol...any suggestions on where I should go like... Realms I think it is called and classes I should start out with and learn to play as. Other then that I think I might just hook it up and play haha oh and btw Thank you to both of you

There are some starter guides at http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/, as well as good tutorials in-game. As for which shard (or realm, server, etc), that is up to you. If you are outside the EU there are three choices:

Order; role-playing server, but the role-playing isn't strictly enforced.
    Chaos; regular server. More population than Order with all that entails.
    Blight; test server. Low population and sometimes buggy game, but it gets the new developments first.

Basher

Alright sweet so which one would you suggest? I am up for anything haha

Well personally I prefer Order, because all the "silly names" get changed (RP naming policy), and there's lots of people, but still not crowded. Also, more plots (player housing) are available there than on Chaos. I'd suggest you try both, though!
    Last edited by tramsan; June 23rd, 2006 at 03:34 AM.

Basher

Awesome awesome and how bout the character choices...i am looking for a player not to craft things but to get out there and do some damage....hehe

There are certainly lots of things that you can dedicate yourself to in Horizons. And the community is top-notch and very helpful. As a general rule, there aren't any d00dz playing Horizons.

Almost all equipment is player-crafted, playing a dragon or a biped are very different experiences and the way that multiclassing is handled in Horizons is unique and creates very distincitive bi-ped characters. Dragons lack in that particular area.. but hey, they get to fly after awhile

I'd say that to really see if it's for you, you should just download the trial and give it a shot. But don't skip through the tutorials, they are very helpful.

Character? Which ever you please. Really.

Basher

Alright sweet thanks Magnir much <3 to ya haha, and as we speak the tutorial is at 76%. I havent found my CD yet haha

Basher

Well guyz thanks for the help I guess ill make a trial account >.< well c yall ont he flip side of things and hope to do some battle against yall...oh and is there some pvp aspect in this game? Gah i love PvP

There is only a tiny PvP aspect in Horizons. A sort of Arena that is mostly out of sight, out of mind.

Basher

DoH no fun at all but ok, is it mostly end game kind of dungeoun aspect, if so what is the point out of that? *awsome gear?*

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, put it this way. Unless you plan on rampage adventuring, it'll take you a while to get to max level (100). And then, to throw in a bigger kick, there is a fairly diverse set of adventuring classes. So, if you plan on being level 100 in all of them, you've got a LONG way to go.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Basher

Alright well sweet, this sounds like an amazing game I am starting up my account so lets see how this goes. haha peace see yall in game

Thread Information