Thread: Updated Instructions for MapPack 3.2

Default Updated Instructions for MapPack 3.2

With the recent change in preferences and the override folder it has become necessary to update the installation instructions for Cobal's MapPack. I decided to create a new tread for it so people will find it more readily. The pack itself is created by Cobal, I am just providing instructions. Here goes.

(If you have installed the mappack prior with the exe-installer I suggest you uninstall it before proceeding.)

Step 1: Download on of the zip packages - not the exe installer.
    Low-res version: http://www.ancientorder.org/Download...LowResv3.2.zip
    High-res version: http://www.ancientorder.org/Download...ighResv3.2.zip

Step 2: Unzip the archive somewhere *outside* the horizons directory. If you do not have a zip-program, try WinRar.

Step 3: Inside the directory you unzipped the mappack to there should now be two folders named Resources and resources_override. Move the resources folder into the resources_override folder.

Step 4: Now go into the resources_override folder. There you will see another folder named interface - move this one into the resources folder, answering "yes to all" when it asks to overwrite.

Step 5: Now copy or move (I suggest copy) the whole resources_override folder into your Horizons folder. There should already be a resources_override folder there, so say yes to overwrite.

Step 6: Last one! In your prefs folder inside the Horizons folder, open the file ClientPrefs_Common.def in NotePad. Find the "mapPath" entry (at the bottom) and change its value to "resources_override/resources/interface/maps" and save the file.

There. That should be it! This way your mappack won't be overwritten when you patch, either.

(Note: As of writing this, Unity still has the old prefs system, so the file you need to change is ClientPrefs_main.def inside each character's prefs folder.)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Greetings!
    I found that I had to update the /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def and put the resources_overrride directory in there and that seems to have helped. Just another datapoint.
    -HratLi

That would be step 6.

Molim

Thanks for this tramsan.

The only problem I had was I downloaded the high res pack and it didn't seem to have any files in it. I followed the same procedures for the low res pack, though, and it's working perfectly.

Really? Hm, I 'll take a look at the high-res one...

Edit: High res mappack seems fine to me - it must have corrupted during download for you, or something like that.
    Last edited by tramsan; July 4th, 2006 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    That would be step 6.
    Hahaha... sorry... Brain melting from long weekend and spending too much time in game and not enough sleeping

Thanks!

-HratLi

Update: If your installation fails and the map looks something like the attached image there are three things that could have gone wrong.

1: You did a typo in step 6, making the mapPath point to an inexistant directory.

2: You didn't move the folders around correctly. Repeat steps 3-5, and make sure they are in the right places.

3: For some reason you simply don't have all the files. (Corrupt download, whoopsie in copying, etc.) Try starting over from step 1 and make sure you get 1306 files at around 25MB.

What actually happens when this error occurs is that the game simply can't find the map files at the path you specified. It then defaults to a "blank" map.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What if you get a Jumbled up map??
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

then you should start from step 0.

Default Anyone esle having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    Update: If your installation fails and the map looks something like the attached image there are three things that could have gone wrong.

1: You did a typo in step 6, making the mapPath point to an inexistant directory.

2: You didn't move the folders around correctly. Repeat steps 3-5, and make sure they are in the right places.

3: For some reason you simply don't have all the files. (Corrupt download, whoopsie in copying, etc.) Try starting over from step 1 and make sure you get 1306 files at around 25MB.

What actually happens when this error occurs is that the game simply can't find the map files at the path you specified. It then defaults to a "blank" map.
    Say Tramsan, I desprately need your help. I did all of what you said, and I got the black map...so I started over from square one, and just before extracting the files to my tugla folder (outside of the Horizons folder that is in the Tulga folder) I noticed that it says that I have 927 files and 13,745KB. I used the link on your page to download it. I followed your instructions step by step...they were easy instructions so I know that I did not botch it up. However, I still have a black map now in game. Can you somehow help me with this. Oh and btw, I did uninstall the old one i had before trying yours.

what if you dont have a resource_override folder in your directory? only folder i have in there is a resource folder

You will probably be ok. But in the unlikely event of a new patch you would have to reinstall the mappack.

Default Re: Updated Instructions for MapPack 3.2

Following these instructions first caused my game to stall on loading, then I ended up with my map as a black screen.

The mappath provided in these instructions didn't work for me. It points to the wrong place and the \'s are backwards. I used:

string mapPath = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps"

and like others have suggested copied the resources_override folder (after step 4 of the instructions) into the Horizons\prefs folder.

Try this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=10681

Download teh installer and it will put it in the correct place and see my quote in the last tap about where to make the correct path change.

Yeah I did that, but then these 'updated' instructions say not to use the .exe version - to uninstall it if you have and do it this way.

The moral of the story is following these instructions doesn't get the job done.

Perhaps someone who has tested a simple, sure-fire method for getting the map-pack to work could start a new thread and ask the forum mods to delete these other threads.

I think hz tends to be temperamental. I followed these exact instructions 3 or 4 times about a year ago when I first installed it; I'm certain I did it exactly right each time but the first 2 or 3 resulted in black maps. Final time worked.

I recently formatted my pc. Got hz back up and working, downloaded mappack, followed these instructions... worked first time no problem.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Well my map didn't work and not only that my computer keeps wanting to re download the whole friggin game. After 3 hours of this on a DSL connection I got a map that looks like a checkerboard. I went over the instructions several times and I am by no means a computer idiot. Clearly something is now all FUBAR and I am at a total loss to figure out what to do.

If you use the high resolution pack, try this:
    - go to ..\Horizons\resources_override\interface\maps\Ista ria
    - open map.def with notepad
    - change the following line:

Code:
    float MetersToPixels = 4.0
    to

Code:
    float MetersToPixels = 8.0
    - save the file

I'm not 100% sure it will fix it for you, but it did it for me when my map looked like a puzzle after some customisations.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information