Thread: New Trismus Mage Quest

Default New Trismus Mage Quest

I periodically check and greet all the NPC in all the towns just to see if they have ame new bit of trivia or added new quests. Anyways yesterday i greeted the Mage trainer in New trismus (while in mage mode) and to my suprise he offered me a prove my mettle quest which consisted of using one of my abilities and to collect some spider eyes. just for the fun i took the quest and tried to complete it. it was uncompletable by me. I coul collect the required number of undamaged eyes however because my ability was the "4" version and not he basic ability the quest would not advance. My conclusion is
    1. I should never have been offered the quest as i was too high to get it
    Or
    2. The quest ability usage check needs to be adjusted to recognise all tier versions/skill levels of the ability
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I can talk to Amon about putting a level limit on these quests. That's actually a good idea, as they aren't intended for players who have an ability past the first version. They are intended for new players to give them something special.

Hmm... Would you folks consider making the 'special' quests available for everyone? If the reward is appropriate to the level the worse that can happen is we feel that the reward wasn't worth the work, (I mean what do you expect for killing tiny spiders )

Also The way it has worked in the past 'special' quests are always available until you do them. For instance the no matter what level monk you were, you had to complete Visit The Disciples before you could get any other quests from your monk trainer. Same with Cleric if I recall. It's a good way of making sure everyone has a common experience with the story line

I love doing quests.

-HratLi

This is a known bug. It is pending other fixes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information