Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racial abilitys

Redblade

Default Racial abilitys

I have been surfing the forums and checking out the other posts and have noticed several other races comenting on there racial abilities. All that needs to be said iMho is magical apptitude. If u have anysuggestions for a replacement post it here.

Redblade-II
    Order

Boryon

Default Re: Racial abilitys

Here's my suggestions for hoom abilities:
    Magical Aptitude: Make it a duplicate of perfect spell
    Magic Defence: Make it go up with level, say 1 or 2 per max(adv level)

Boryon

Rasirim

I have notfound Human Magical Aptitude to be useful. I don't know the actual bonus or how much effect it is intended to have, but from experience it just doesn't do anything for me when I really need it to. As so many of the racial abilities have an automatic effect, which really helps whena situationis going badly, I think the ability should atleast give the same effect as Perfect Spell.

Rasirim, Order

Something like 200% base magic skill would be *AWESOME*.

Osidan

I was just thinking that same thing the other day. Magical aptitude just does not work, it needs to be like perfect spell.

gopher65

Yeah it sucks:(. Humans got the worst racials. Magic defence would be cool if it was like a dryads (I think) ability. As in a percentage increase of your base. Say 105% of base magic evasion. Or current. Whichever.

As for Human magical aptitude, I think it gives you a 35% increase in your ability to hit with spells? Something like that. It is competely useless[:(]. Replacement...... hmmmm. How about either:

1. A small passive increase in focus, like 101% current (which helps your ability to hit with spells, also helps healing ability, and certain crafts)
    2. I honestly can't think of anything else we could get:P. I don't like the idea of another perfect spell. I already have that.

I don't like the fact that it is spell based at all, my human dosen't even use spells. So, I think it should be something that is beneficial for humansbut not class related, something such asmagic defense ect, but I'm really not for sure what to suggest as its replacement, I just know it needs replaced :).
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Drewid

Zarcharien, that would be like complaining that the half-giant abilities are melee only.l It was a choice we made when we made human characters. The magic apptitude was a determining factor in my character creation. I did not realize at the time just how much it sucked as an ability. If it should be tweaked or changed I think it should remain more magic bonus based than melee.

I like the idea of a passivefocus boost, like the dryads perhaps, 103% base.

I do think that future abilities should include some melee based bonuses.

Maybe it could be like a mixture of Multicast & Perfect Spell...could be cool!
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Tellarion

I have to agree, Human abilitys sucks... I would never have picked human if i knew about it... me that is a lvl 93 warrior at the time being dont have any use for it... im going to go Mage after my warrior, but as you all say, the ability isnt even close to as awsome as the Dwarf, Slisk or others... Dwarf in my eyes got the absolut best ability....

The abilitys shuld build on equal power but maybe in diffrent areas of course... make Human ability something as good to use as Dwarfs 'ignor pain'... im considering changing char. but i have spent so mutch time lvl my current that i dont feel like doing over again...

i remember a long time back when the passive magic defense boost was +10 to your base... and then they changed it to just +10 to current a few months thereafter. i was baffled. i mean aptitude was a joke, and then they make the magic defense worse.[:O]

magical aptitude should be a slight damage kicker i think. activate it, and the next spell will do 150% whether it be a heal or whatnot.

and make our passive add +10 to base so it can grow with our character as we level! [8o|]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Melianteas

I agree.

Perfect spell it works always. Sometimes when I have to wait until its recycle time is finished Ipress Human magical aptitud, dunno why I bother cause doesnt have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    Something like 200% base magic skill would be *AWESOME*.
    hehe that quite was a tad bit ago, but just incase the thread can stay alive, I would think that'd be a bit to much, maybe 120%-150% would be enough for a major boost.

Default Aye..

I made Casyle a human soley because he is a human, always has been, always will be. I nearly, very nearly broke down and just created a Dryad. They have a sick racial ability.

I'm pretty sure at creation it says that humans are very adaptable, so why is our racial so unadaptable? At the VERY LEAST I think Human Magical Aptitude should be re-named and increase to hit by 50%, and it should work for BOTH magic AND melee! Dryads get a sick ability that gives them great physical and magical evasion, so how about let us get a decent increase to hit, whether we be mage or warrior. I certainly wouldn't argue with it changing to increasing damage either. As it is now, it's the second most useless ability in the game in my opinion, just behind poor Saris.

I also say all this as a mage.
    Last edited by Casyle; December 7th, 2006 at 07:24 PM.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Casyle
    I made Casyle a human soley because he is a human, always has been, always will be. I nearly, very nearly broke down and just created a Dryad. They have a sick racial ability.

I'm pretty sure at creation it says that humans are very adaptable, so why is our racial so unadaptable? At the VERY LEAST I think Human Magical Aptitude should be re-named and increase to hit by 50%, and it should work for BOTH magic AND melee! Dryads get a sick ability that gives them great physical and magical evasion, so how about let us get a decent increase to hit, whether we be mage or warrior. I certainly wouldn't argue with it changing to increasing damage either. As it is now, it's the second most useless ability in the game in my opinion, just behind poor Saris.

I also say all this as a mage.
    That very adaptibility could, and IMO, should be the means whereby a human can multiclass in adventure with somewhat less of a rating penalty as that incurred by other races. There's a USEFUL human ability, in keeping with human adaptibility and plenty good enough to REPLACE the other paltry racial abilities we have now.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

What if I don't use magic? *shrug*

My idea: ability lasts 60 seconds, 5 min timer, self only, human character able to inflict 50% more damage and take 50% less damage.

woot.

I like Kwinn's idea, a passive ability for lower rating... maybe 5-10% lower? It would be unique, useful, and fitting with the nature of humans.

Dealing 50% more damage, taking 50% less damage, for 1 minute would be like gnomian prowess and dwarven toughness combined, and at double duration. That would be extreme overkill and not in line with the lore and style of humans.

Yay for threads with a 2+ year lifespan!

Are there any plans to fine tune racial abilities at all? I imagine if so it would be a pretty low priority. There are a few races with some pretty blah racials out there.

Chaos/Twilight Server
    Nynelyves 95th Ranger/40th Healer
    Variol 40th Spirtist/16Druid/75th Spellcrafter..etc...etc

Good luck with that. I have been asking for biped racials to be balanced out for 4 years. You would think that there would be sufficient biped sub fees to produce some work on that... but nope.

I'm curious if they could rewire it so we can trade our racial ability for whatever racial ability we like? Make it into a questline or something.

Thread Information