Thread: Formula UI filter

Default Formula UI filter

Perhaps the formulas could have an option to filter by skill-required. This would make it easier to, say, work on a specific skill, or find a particular similar sounding product that works differently (transmutation, for example).

Perhaps the formulas could have an option to filter by craft class. This would make it easier to work as a lairshaper, or mason, or some other class, and only have to look through recipes based on skills appropriate to the class.

It would also be nice to have a sticky option, so that the filter is maintained even after closing/reopening the window.

To go a bit further, spells could be sorted/filter by type of magic required (life, primal, ice ...)
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Make your own filters. I do it for my primal spells every time I have to reinstall.

Default Re: Formula UI filter

yes pls give us pre-installed filters ^^

Or, the could at least filter out duplicates, without the user having to spend time doing it themselves.

For example, do I really need "Bronze Bar" listed 4 times in a row, because I have it from Beginner, Journeyman, Expert, AND Master?

For some reason, clicking the "Create Item" button takes you to an unfiltered list of items to create, and hitting the K key brings up your filtered list, listing formulas only, instead of actual items to make.

Is there any way to change this? As you get on in levels, the list of items gets ridiculously long, especially when earlier level items are listed 2-4 times.

What's preventing you from deleting the beginner form after you'ver scrbed the journeyman one? (for the overlapping formulas) except laziness?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

your argument is valid but why do i have to the work from the devs?

they implemented the feature that Expert forms include beginner and journeyman ^^ (btw i dont like this feature, it got implemented to decrease DB space?)

so they should help their customers to make the handling of the game and the handling of the formular/craft screen more easy.

and pls dont tell me that would be a lot of work ^^ (this could be, but the suggestion board exists to tell the devs what we would like to see improved and enhanced, and not to discuss if the devs have enough time/manpower to implement this in X month/years...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    your argument is valid but why do i have to the work from the devs?
    Do you really think sorting out your forms is a dev's work to do?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

yes if it improves the gameplay and satisfies some customers (more then only me ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Make your own filters. I do it for my primal spells every time I have to reinstall.
    How do you make your own filters?
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

Quote Originally Posted by Barrak View Post
    How do you make your own filters?
    thats the best prove that this feature isnt very player friendly.

every new player would understand pre-installed filters

Go into your knowledge window. Click on the Plus down at the bottom. Name it then drag the formulas one by one into the named filter you created.

Edit: Yes this is a place for suggestions, Just remember that every thing suggested has to be looked at decided if the work is worth it, and then it has to be put on the list of items to do which this would be way way way down at the bottom I would think. but that is just me. I am sure there are many more important things to do.

I think it would be very nice to be able to sort forms by skill level. This would be most convenient when leveling up the craft of a character and wanting to use the highest level form that they can craft with optimum skill.

And no, Deth, I'm not going to make a filter for every value possible of formula skill requirements. That's just absolutely ridiculous.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Or, the could at least filter out duplicates, without the user having to spend time doing it themselves.

For example, do I really need "Bronze Bar" listed 4 times in a row, because I have it from Beginner, Journeyman, Expert, AND Master?
    Whay aren't you deleting earlier forms? When you upgrade, delete the last form.

As for filters, yes they would be nice but you can do it yourself. I'd rather see other things being worked on than something I can already do myself with a tiny bit of effort.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    What's preventing you from deleting the beginner form after you'ver scrbed the journeyman one? (for the overlapping formulas) except laziness?

right with ya, sig - i always delete the lesser form when i get the next tier - only way i would be able to stay sane......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

There is a limit to how many forms you can scribe before your form book gets filled I think it is 2k.

They implimentd the inclusion of lower forms with Jman and expert forms to allow ppl to delete Beginner and Jman forms and yet still retain ability to make lower tier items.

I wasn't aware that one *could* delete forms... mayhaps somewhat poor documentation client-side, I don't remember seeing a "delete" button anywhere. Hmm.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

right click on the form and choose delete
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Alternatly, there is a little trash button at the top.

Thread Information