Thread: Red Tusk

Default Red Tusk

Got this quest today and when I found Red Tusk, he was with 3 level 20 wolves and 1 level 11 wolf. Impossible to solo this quest for a newbie, I put it on the back burner for now, cause I'd have to be over 20 to solo that one.

Hi! We had a hard time tracking down this bug, but we finally found it last week and the fixed quest (Red Tusks is meant to spawn with other gruoks) will patch to blight this coming week.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for the quick reply

Daeanor

What I did was climb up on the rocks, making a hard left off the path towards the water. Then I waited for him to wander into range. The winter wolves move around a lot, so it wasn't that hard to get him by himself up on the rocks. I figured this was just how it was intended, and you just needed some creative pulling.

For the record, he still wanders with level 20 Brown and Winter wolves. I finally caught him spawning and managed to pull him up the coast a ways. At level 11 Adventure, he was still a tough fight.

I get a chuckle out of it though, the pig that would be wolf it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Khargu Wildeye
    It really is very sad... It's mother got killed by a questing adventurer while he was very very young then luckely he was found and raised by wolves.

only to get killed over and over again...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

For the record, he still wanders with level 20 Brown and Winter wolves. I finally caught him spawning and managed to pull him up the coast a ways. At level 11 Adventure, he was still a tough fight.

This should be fixed with the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyn
    This should be fixed with the next update.
    Eep! A dev responded!

Seriously, its a nice change from some of the larger francises that rely on bots to respond.

Here's to the wolves developing a taste for pork and sending Red Tusk back to where he belongs!

Eep! A dev responded!

Seriously, its a nice change from some of the larger francises that rely on bots to respond.

Here's to the wolves developing a taste for pork and sending Red Tusk back to where he belongs!
    I think you'll still have to be the one to send Red Tusks packing

Dyn... does this mean you're on with EI?

Default Re: Red Tusk

Quote Originally Posted by novaslady
    Got this quest today and when I found Red Tusk, he was with 3 level 20 wolves and 1 level 11 wolf. Impossible to solo this quest for a newbie, I put it on the back burner for now, cause I'd have to be over 20 to solo that one.

Little bit confused. This quest is given out by Milicent on New Trismus and there are no lvl 20 Wolves or Winter Wolves on New Trismus.

I can not locate Red Tusks anywhere on New Trismus. I have been up and down all areas where Grulets and Gruoks appear. Is this quest broke? I have spent more than several hours looking for him.

When I did the quest you have to follow the path down past the blighted area and around the bend to where you have the ocean on one side and mountain on the other. I think he's now a point triggered spawn, which, like other point triggered spawns, is frurating to no end as if you miss the point by no more than .5 milimeters you still cant get the spawn. All I can say is to keep trying in that area sooner or later you're bound to hit the trigger point.

Thanks Tcei - He was exactly were you said he was. And yes, he did spawn only when I stayed on the road looking for him.

I should also point out that you bumped a thread that was almost a 2 years old.

I can't recall when exactly this quest was reworked last, but I know it was more recently than that because I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    I should also point out that you bumped a thread that was almost a 2 years old.

I can't recall when exactly this quest was reworked last, but I know it was more recently than that because I did it.
    at least I did not start a NEW thread like some others would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    at least I did not start a NEW thread like some others would have.
    See what I mean??? If you bump and old thread people yell at you, and if you start a new thread people yell at you for not searching. Catch-22.

Who's yelling?

As I say to my kids... if you want me to yell at you, I'll be happy to yell at you. But I was not yelling at anyone... not yet anyway.

All I was saying is that the point about being confused and no lvl 20's on NT is old news.

But again, if you want me to yell at you, I'd be happy to. I'm sure I can come up with something to yell at you about.

Thread Information