Thread: Object Highlight not working for selection.

Default Object Highlight not working for selection.

Greetings!

If I mouse oversomething it highlights it on my screen. However if you click on the highlighted object it doesn't appear to be working correctly, sometimes it will select the highlighted object but if it's even 'near' another selected object it will not work. It defeats the purpose of the highlight to not be able to use it to select the highlighted object.

It seems to be acting on something like it's "hitbox" as opposed to if it's highlighted or not. This wouldn't be such a problem if the hitboxes were smaller, especially on monsters like Golems, or if the monsters didn't stack up on one another, perhaps 7 or 8 in the space of 1 or 2 golems. (OR if we had something like 'cycle next enemy' ).

-HratLi

Well, I didn't see the highlight until I had to swap out my video card to an NVidia. 5800 if I am not mistaken. Now that I see it want to use it

The problem is not with the highlight, but rather being able to CLICK on the highlighted item and change your targeted selection. For instance you have 2 monsters running at you. You select closest, but decide you want to root the second one. You CAN position your mouse so that the second one is highlighted, but when you CLICK it never selects the second one. You have to either click away, then try again a few times or shift the view entirely to select the second one. Otherwise it seems to 'stick' to the first one.

-HratLi

Hip shot guess I'd say the highlight goes by actual model while select goes by bounding box. If the box of something extends out in front of what you're trying to select you will get that instead, while the model behind the box is highlighted.

'course, it's just a guess.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

That's my guess. Now what to do about it

It'd be nice to have that visual feed back of what's highlighted actually MEAN something and be USEFUL.

-HratLi

I'd suggest, if this is the case, that highlight should go by bounding box as well. The other option is probably not very good due to a few reasons.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information