Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do we draw the line?

Believe me, I've fought that battle, I'm still fighting it. I've submitted very strong suggestions in that area and have been repeatedly ignored. But that is not the issue under scrutiny here.

And my NPC reference was from the NPCs in Oblivion. A single player rollplaying game.

I'm an ancient dragon. I can shove myself in nearly ANY bulding, ANY craft shop...almost ******** near anywhere without having to switch to khutit and that is without setscale or a mod. So um...whats the big deal? Ever since they reduced the bounding boxes on dragons...i've not really found anywhere i can't get into. Setscale is awsome when you're looting mobs, since they don't disappear right away anymore, and they all look the same. If you setscale them they basically disappear letting you know you've already looted it.

Also works wonders when you perch on trees, and fall down inside the center of it but aren't really touching anything so the system thinks you're still flying....Can't even recall when that happens. So it does have a use. And I really can't figure out how anyone could abuse it...
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

Default Heck

I am not using any client other than the game client and I walk through my walls on my plot, Only cuz it takes forever for them to load up for me.

Actually... I often walk directly through the walls in Aughundell... because it loads so slow for me, by the time I'm in the bank, the building still hasn't loaded. :P

I can be in and out of there before the buildings load. Don't need setscale for that.
    I often stick my head into the wall on smithing shops too, so I'm close enough to the smelter to do what I need to do - and be on my way, without ever going inside the building.

And being small = less lag.

An ancient dragon at full size = MUUUUUUUUCH lag.
    Not to mention trying to target a resource on one is an absolute pain.

Default Re: Where do we draw the line?

Setscale is fun to play around with (and make your friends smaller so that a particularly short hatchling like Galde feels big for once XD ) but I mostly use it for getting out of jams. For instance, a problem I commonly come across is that I go into a lair, all is well, and--*gasp* I've been blocked in! XD A boulder appears behind me and blocks my way out.

Sure, I could recall, but when you're dragging a cargo disk around and there are no nearby portals that can be a pain. So I select a room, scale it down, run into the sky I can see and poof! I'm back on the ground above the lair.

Either that or I make myself huge to escape being eaten by a teleporter pad. T_T

~Galde

If it wasn't for setscale i would of never been able to finish my ARoP. Once i awhile Lairs like to be buggy and the cave of the Ancients opening was blocked by a big boulder and the only way for me to get in and talk to the gatekeeper was to go khutit and then setscale as small as i could.... LOL i dont think that quest liked me to well.

Also with my poor pitiful excuse for a computer (needs major upgrades) the setscale helps me on lag and i can run the game a bit smoother.

hehe and besides i look cute as a hatchie

((Hello Cottencandy Off-topic, but I saw the video you made of said ARoP and it's great! ))

If theres so much concern about the role play side of setscale you could just say... uhm... it's magic! XD

Does setscale really speed up your computer? O.O I have a pretty slow computer too. I just tend to shrink myself when I'm gathering resources because it makes it seem like I'm running faster. XD

Setscale does absolutely nothing for your performance... It's still the same model and the same textures that are loaded, whatever scale you're at. Any difference in performance is imagined only.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

played for yrs, never used it, dont have issues with others using it, doesn't ruin my gameplay if they do. But then I don't spend time watching other ppl and critique-ing their playstyle choices.
    Hz is great because of the freedom to choose.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Been watching this thread since it has been reserected. It's my opinion, that anything like this that efects the experience of other players in the game should not be allowed. And setscale is a function that does.

Beyond that, someone told me they thought that it was removed because someone was using it for an exploit, I'm guessing that since this discussion continues, that this is not correct?

Setscale does not affect the experience of other players. Apart from dragons who setscale themselves to get inside consigner buildings, etc, but they could just as well turn khutit, walk inside and turn back to dragon...
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

it really helps when in a lair there's a bug closing all the exits, and you find yourself trapped. Well that's what I've been told

Been watching this thread since it has been reserected. It's my opinion, that anything like this that efects the experience of other players in the game should not be allowed. And setscale is a function that does.

Beyond that, someone told me they thought that it was removed because someone was using it for an exploit, I'm guessing that since this discussion continues, that this is not correct?
    Setscale is still around, yes.

The simple fact is, setscale is a function that is much more useful than it is costly. Your complaining about how your gaming is disturbed by people cheating the system with it... but they really can't do that much at all. All setscale is really good for is squeezing into some gaps you wouldn't be able to and saving yourself a lot of time and effort when the game bugs up.

So someone appears to be somewhere they can't fit. So what? Move along and carry on playing.

Only that might not be true for the person using setscale... as several of us have pointed out, it saves you from jams. You can just run off and forget about it but for someone who can't get out of, say, a teleporter pad, it's a different story. In the worst case scenario all you CAN do is jerk about and maybe spin around in circles.
    How would you get out of that? You can't run, can't jump, can't fly, can't recall. Ding ding! Setscale!

Setscale might be a bit of a bugger to look at for a player, but its heaven embodied for another player who just-so-happens to have rubbish luck. How can one complain about looks when it will save someone else a whole load of trouble? That's just selfish.

Just my two cents.

like moi, who has fallen into just about every inescapable hole ingame, incl the time the entire group dropped off an edge to somewhere I cant remember the name of, and ended up in a pile up in the one hole in the area u couldnt get out of! class!

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Thread Information