Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you last pay GN ?

Default When did you last pay GN ?

I'm not stepping into the other two topics that got merged, but I kinda noticed a pattern. Seems a lot of people think that we're still giving our money to GN. Sure, maybe some folks are still very optimistic and pay monthly so they might have made a recent payment. Then there's those of us who are on 3 month, 6-month or 12-month payment plans.

I realised I was being taken away from Horizons due to RL in early October last year. I renewed my annual subscription knowing that I could log in whenever I got the chance. It was only in the last few weeks I felt comfortable posting a goodbye post I wrote over 8 months ago. At the same time I wrote that goodbye post last year I also admitted to myself that the account should be cancelled because as many of you know, I've been speaking out about GN's poor service while many were willing to give the benefit of doubt. In this world though, it definitely takes two to tango, so I will state clearly that I do not cast blame on an individual side. GN and TG brought us to where we are now. Neither of them can claim innocence. That is all I have to say on that.

Now to the purpose of my post. I noticed a lot of people think we're all forking over money to GN regularly. We're not. Many have left, and I bet those who still play are hesitant each time their billing period comes up for renewal...

I gave GN money last October. £65 for a year I think it worked out as thanks to the conversion rate from euros. They're not going to get more money out of me unless a small miracle occurs and we're all dancing in circles, holding hands, smoking gnomish pipe weed - and Seranthor's standing in the middle of the circle singing merrily and playing his elvish banjo ... Ok so that's not very likely.

I think the reality is that GN gets very little money any more. Though in all fairness I have to say that the glimmer of hope that remains within the Unity community is strong. I feel it burning inside me too, but there is no way I can justify giving more money to GN with things in their present state.

Talking

*snicker*, I dont sing... so your really screwed.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

And here I was hoping you'd treat us to 'Kumbaya'...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

"Your account will expired on the 05/06/2006.
    You have -40 days left."
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

April in my case.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Account expires at 07.August - today i cancelled my sub to give GN/TG a sign ...

In January, this year, I payed for one more month. Havnt payed anything since then... If I ever would pay GN money again, with their current view on what service is, I would be very surprised...
    Tavar Ssaic (Order) - Sslik Berserker Maniac
    Mudz (Chaos) - Ssleek Monkey
    Trekk (Chaos) - Sslik Grandmaster Monk
    Telzun (Chaos) - Ancient Sslik, uhm I mean dragon :-)

My last payment was made 15/06/2006 18:02:01, it ran out yesteday.

Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

my unity accounts expire in 11 days and will not be renewed

last night i logged in unity for the 1st time in a while and found that there was hardly anybody online, i think "ghost town" is an appropriate word to use.

I sold my lair and my guild master plot last night, i can't see any going back now. i have kept all my novians, techs etc in my vault incase the characters are ever moved to a US shard. My old guild is now about 7g richer as well.

thats 3 more accounts deactivated that GN
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Two subscriptions cancelled today. Will run out on 24.7.
    I have the impression that everything I do now is in vain. Who knows when they will pull the plug? I think very soon.
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

My sub runs out in 48 days, so after that time i will think seriously about if i renew it. In this case, the first time since i play hz if i renew my sub.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I cancelled a week ago and there is a week left on my subscription.
    Need a miracle really soon if I am ever going to subscribe to a game that TG/GN has part in again.

Your account will expired on the 20/12/2006.
    You have 156 days left.

so...
    just hope I won't get too lonely.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

My Account is on Autobilling, on monthly base, next auto-resub will be at the 1st August, no plans to cancel unless server is already down before.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    My Account is on Autobilling, on monthly base, next auto-resub will be at the 1st August, no plans to cancel unless server is already down before.
    good to hear

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi

so...
    just hope I won't get too lonely.
    Don't panic Siggi, i will stay until the server gets off, i don't want to miss THAT Party!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Your account will expired on the 10/05/2007.
    You have 297 days left.

i dont care who gets the money ^^ i hope to play hz and get the expansion (if it will go live till my account expires)

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    How about it Seranthor. If Unity does somehow get saved, you have to upload an MP3 of yourself singing. You can sing anything you want. We can play it as part of our victory celebration.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Account expires at 07.August - today i cancelled my sub to give GN/TG a sign ...
    Noooooo ... Lets hope it does not come to that ...

Your account will expired on the 10/07/2006.

Played yesterday. 23 Days left.
    Today -9 days left.

But last Payment failed and got CHARGED_BACK status and autobilling reactivated. Will need to contact my bank.
    1 month earlyer out than I wanted. But out is out.

Thread Information