Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pally heals

Default Pally heals

Why cant Pallys use major, minor, and health spells?
    Arent they sapposed to be warrior/healers? Shamans can use them and they dont even get any life skill, same with spiritist they dont get any life skill eather, but they can still use the health line of spells.

Is it just because paladins are not the arcane "type"? Even still, it would make sense and be cool.

Way back when there wasnt multiclassed bipeds everywhere pally with full

line of heal spells was viewed as way to powerful so they changed it right

before launch i belive.

The reasoning behind it is only pure type mystic schools gain those spells. Paladins being warrior/cleric crosses are not pure, however it does not make sense at all.

so how about a guardian which is a druid/warrior or a reaver which is a

spirtist/warrior they have access to the full line of heal spells.Back in the

single classed days A pally was a force to be reckoned with and still are for a

single class.

guardian does not get health spells. reaver does not get health spells. nobody gets the fighter skills, plate mail AND the health spells.

my mistake spark is right i was in shaman mode and was not thinking clearly yeah no heal line for the warrior mistic classes.

It makes sense because paladins are warriors and have the high level multistrikes and flurries etc. Being able to have the warrior attacks and full access to all heals would make you a god with one class. Thats reserved for the scaleys.

*whispers to the other dragon* Looks like we have another we must send the hitgnomes out after. The DAAP's job is never done it seems.

I've never understood why they don't gain an instant heal...it was explained to me as healing touch being its replacement. If I personally had my choice I would prefer instant heal over healing touch, 5 min recycle is more useful to me than 2 hour recycle.

And I dont' see how using the full heal line would make pally a god among classes? Cleric wear plate, and when multiclassed with warrior, are they gods among men? (yeah I know thats a great cross). Paladin doesn't gain 10 to AU, and they only gain 8 to life and 7 to aug...with these gains I would think the full heal line wouldn't be too overpowering as you couldn't use T4 heals until T5. Just a thought, as I'm leveling the class I'm finding myself somewhat disappointed but meh.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

A paladin as a stand alone class is nothing more than a shoeshine boy for the warrior and cleric. The overall stats are too low.

A Paladin worthy of the name must take up Healer & Zerker.

paladins are a worthless class, every warrior can heal the same due to the fact of multiclassing

healer/clerics and paladins should get some more healing powers in comparison to all "healpower" leecher classes (druid/spiritist...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    paladins are a worthless class, every warrior can heal the same due to the fact of multiclassing
    I Agree but, aura of light/stand against darkness- are both good.
    But yes, zerker/healer would be much better.
    If pallys at least dont get the better heals, I think that they should have a better damage boost against un-dead, maybe a passive <non-masterable>
    120% damage, plus aura of light for group/self benafit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    I kindly disagree. Well Paladins could even heal/buff without multiclassing - and having access to the better Enhances (and Surges) and yes they can rez, which is very usefull at some boss hunts - while a Warrior is allways stuck at Raise spells. And well if you call for multiclass, nothing can outdamage a multiclassed Paladin on undead mobs.
    I don't think the are much out of balance vs. Reaver who also just gain 8 Spirit + 7 Blight skill each lvl.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

ROFL "Nothing can outdamage a multiclassed Pali on undead mobs"

Hum i beg to differ

hmmm lessee here, I have a 46 Paladin only seriously multied with druid (lvl 30) warrior and cleric I took no higher than I needed to. I can easily take a lvl 70 arbatous and with some effort a 73. Paladins don't NEED more heals. I t would just be nice
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

ok you are right, a paladin dont need a boost to power or a nerf

this class has its own abilities and advantages

but i think a active paladin should heal better than a multiclassed warrior ^^

even better than a spiritist :-) (but this would lead to far)

maybe give a paladin an passive ability (non-masterable) with an heal boost?

and a stronger boost to cleric

then increase the "live giver" too ^^

What's truly needed is another Revit line. At the very least. On the undead comment, that isn't true. There isn't anything notable vs. undead, something that the paladin should be notorious for.

Last I checked there are 8-10 paladin abilities that I don't use. I rather trade them all for Ignore Pain.

Hey, Ignore Pain isn't all that great. I'd love to have the Pally armor. I'd trade Ignore Pain for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    What's truly needed is another Revit line. At the very least. On the undead comment, that isn't true. There isn't anything notable vs. undead, something that the paladin should be notorious for.

Last I checked there are 8-10 paladin abilities that I don't use. I rather trade them all for Ignore Pain.
    Hmmm, nothing notable against undead, how about Stand against Darkness? 150% dmg adjustment, +10% chance to hit and 1 extra hit for regular attack (the dmg adjustment is still there for abilitys) was pretty noticable last time I tried it. And yes, it stacks with Boars Rage. While that one is not active you still can use Aura of light with 110% dmg adjustment against undead - for whole group or either Aura of command with 123 attack skill (chance to hit) vs undead - or both if you got two Palas in group. There is also another 40 attack skill (chance to hit) in champion form, which is passive. The passive HoT is pretty weak, heals 1% every 30sec. The healing touch full heal has long timer of 2h, but well even healers full heal ability is on 1h timer. Ahh and right a aditional 3% chance on attacks to do 200% dmg vs undead as passive infusion ability. All this for zerkers ignore pain? Which shares timer, with... the Crit, if I remember well? And Zerkers weak armor? And the good chance to be roasted by a caster even if using ignore pain? Well I wouldn't be shure about that!
    If you want to be a healer, play a healer.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Hmmm, nothing notable against undead, how about Stand against Darkness? 150% dmg adjustment, +10% chance to hit and 1 extra hit for regular attack (the dmg adjustment is still there for abilitys) was pretty noticable last time I tried it. And yes, it stacks with Boars Rage. While that one is not active you still can use Aura of light with 110% dmg adjustment against undead - for whole group or either Aura of command with 123 attack skill (chance to hit) vs undead - or both if you got two Palas in group. There is also another 40 attack skill (chance to hit) in champion form, which is passive. The passive HoT is pretty weak, heals 1% every 30sec. The healing touch full heal has long timer of 2h, but well even healers full heal ability is on 1h timer. Ahh and right a aditional 3% chance on attacks to do 200% dmg vs undead as passive infusion ability. All this for zerkers ignore pain? Which shares timer, with... the Crit, if I remember well? And Zerkers weak armor? And the good chance to be roasted by a caster even if using ignore pain? Well I wouldn't be shure about that!
    If you want to be a healer, play a healer.
    I won't trade SAD. That's the Pali trademark. It's the only thing we got over the generic melee line, though on a long timer. The rest, sure. Among quite a few other abilities not mentioned (Lifestrike anyone?). All the % chance-to-hit and so on don't mean much.

I didn't say anything about armor. Not sure how that got in there. Maybe someone wanted to make a point about armor, use it to sway some merit. Didn't work though. Repeat after me: Armor and Abilities are 2 different things.

Repetition meets cogitation.

Thread Information