Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pally heals

I am unimpressed with the + chance to hit that pally offered mainly due to the fact I rarely missed anyways. Fully geared in Zerker my 2hand slash topped 1500, not much is escaping my axe there. (except those insane purple flies, their evasion is absolutely nutto)
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Ok, so pally is a good class But I still think they should do better on un-dead. 1 reason for this is - how many times can you pull just one undead, and accually have only one come after you. Plus I think they should get a good instant heal, and maybe be able to cast group health or somthing, because pally's currently can cast- revitalize, imp. revitalize, the healing touch (ability- full heal every 2hr's) and life strike. Paladins cannot even use triple teched imp. revitalize, or T5 enhances, and im not too sure about gifts, without using training points. These are really not many more than a warrior/healer can cast. Maybe life strike could be more like or better than the dragons drain strike ability (200 % damage increase, 100% damage given to the attacker) And the infusion ability should be more like a 5-7% chance to do 300% of normal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    I am unimpressed with the + chance to hit that pally offered mainly due to the fact I rarely missed anyways. Fully geared in Zerker my 2hand slash topped 1500, not much is escaping my axe there. (except those insane purple flies, their evasion is absolutely nutto)
    My pally is at about 1750 2HS skill, fully geared and still some buggers try to escape, esp. the huge rating 140 stuff. And well, if you ever were after Daknor you are happy about any to hit bonus you could get.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    My pally is at about 1750 2HS skill, fully geared and still some buggers try to escape, esp. the huge rating 140 stuff. And well, if you ever were after Daknor you are happy about any to hit bonus you could get.
    As I have never tried to hunt Daknor I'll take your word for it However, I didn't boss hunt much, usually only Valkor so I could farm some marrows so in my particular case I dont' put much stock in putting a bunch of work in a class that will maybe give me a few extra contact hits one day in the future against one major mob or boss. This is just my opinion tho, and my preferred playstyle...I enjoy more the rare or specialized class that offers very unique abilities and hence I have had my eye on guardian for quite some time
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Warrior hybrids (Paladin, Reaver, Chaos Warrior, Knight of Creation) are the LAST classes in need of any kind of loving. They can already cast nukes and crowd control, and wear plate mail armor, and have cracky special abilities on top of their warrior abilities and 2H metal weapons.

A paladin with health spells would be the equivalent of a cleric with warrior skills tacked on. There would be no reason to play any other class, really...

Paladin/reaver? nukes?

they cant use area damage

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    Paladin/reaver? nukes?

they cant use area damage
    ROFL, yeah of course, it's just Paroxysm, Thunder, Lightning Storm and Dark Cyclone which they can use if they got the skills.

Remember, if Beleenda is not playing caster style it doesn't mean that she couldn't MCII a DC, but well MCII not hotkeyed and not even DC quest done :b

PS: If I remember well, every school that gains some casting skills also could cast some area damaging spells.

wow thunder usable by paladins?

this sounds strange ^^

and reaver can use the same spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkinaranthus
    Warrior hybrids (Paladin, Reaver, Chaos Warrior, Knight of Creation) are the LAST classes in need of any kind of loving. They can already cast nukes and crowd control, and wear plate mail armor, and have cracky special abilities on top of their warrior abilities and 2H metal weapons.

A paladin with health spells would be the equivalent of a cleric with warrior skills tacked on. There would be no reason to play any other class, really...
    .............................What?

lol I started this thread to not devalue anyone who takes paladin or likes the class as its main. My point was I thought it was weak as a main, single class. Not that it can't be potentially powerful when multiclassed, heck ANY school in the game is potentially powerful when multiclassed!

It can use all of 2 heals, yet has average at best gains in life, it can use the aug line...at only 7 points in aug per. Essentially, if I had taken this class first, at lvl 70 I would be wearing cobalt chain, still using T3 gifts, one teched T3 revit, and managed to JUST scribe a plain T3 improv revit ~ all of this halfway through T4. My point in posting is that personally, I would love to trade healing touch for an instant heal, is it an ability that comes in handy? Sure, every two hours , so maybe once in the course of a hunt, vs an instant heal that although doesn't restore fully, I could use every 5 minutes. In my book, much more helpful...especially as pally only gets 2 heals.

On the positive note, the real reason I was trying to level this class was for the gains in 1hand slash and shield, excellent gains in both, and this would have allowed me the weapon skills necessary so I could diversify my classes quite a bit easier. And I won't knock the little bit I have made so far in life and aug, I had nothing before, so I suppose any healing power is better than none. I just can't imagine taking this class first, or how hard it would be to level if I didn't have the 10 to au, the 20 to health, the 10 to str and 10 to evasion I had already gained from berserker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    wow thunder usable by paladins?

this sounds strange ^^

and reaver can use the same spells?
    Yes the full range of nature spells is usable by RVR and Paladins. With the spirit spells there are only very few unceastable exceptions (Blood Bolt, self-sacrifium).

My point was I thought it was weak as a main, single class. Not that it can't be potentially powerful when multiclassed, heck ANY school in the game is potentially powerful when multiclassed!
    Erm.. several people in this thread have been comparing single class pallys to multiclass whatever else, instead of comparing it to other single classes. Shamans and spiritists for example, can use health spells but would have to multiclass for the life skill. Warriors can also cast revits but would have to multiclass for the life skill - and will only be able to cast raises, no enhances or surges, even with that. Et cetera...

As a main, single class paladins get platemail, AU at the same rate as most hybrids (so wear can wear the best armor in the game, level 91 plate, at level 99), decent melee skills, and get heals and buffs. Overall, it's pretty well rounded, though when it comes down to it no single adventure class can surpass all others combined.

If so then how do they stack against a single classed cleric? I'm not flame baiting, I know its hard to convey tone in written post, I am truly curious. If I want to heal, buff, rez, and fight in plate, why wouldn't I just take cleric? With group dispirit foe, and the melee abilities? And by lvl 100 has scribed the full T5 heal line, and T5 aug line and wearing the same armor pally's are.

If so then how do they stack against a single classed cleric? I'm not flame baiting, I know its hard to convey tone in written post, I am truly curious. If I want to heal, buff, rez, and fight in plate, why wouldn't I just take cleric? With group dispirit foe, and the melee abilities? And by lvl 100 has scribed the full T5 heal line, and T5 aug line and wearing the same armor pally's are.
    Well, why wouldn't I play single classed cleric? Because I didn't want to be stuck with just multistrike I and because I'd miss Crit, Cleave, Flurry, Power Style and my two handed weapon. And yes, because I wouldn't wear mithril platemail but scalemail at lvl 100.

Yes, not only lower AU skill (hence no mith plate, only scale), but also lower weapon skill, weaker and fewer special attacks, and lower strength, dex, health, and evasion. If you've ever seen a pure cleric or healer fight, they can fight higher level mobs than them due to their extensive heals, but have really low damage output, and can take 5+ mins to kill one mob.

The only other pure classes that can even heal are ones with nature skill for revits - and revits require higher nature skill than life to scribe/cast. Also, they cannot resurrect or cast health spells without life skill.

A Pure single class on some of the other classes may be able to outdamage a pure pally, but none of them can heal without multiclassing. Without heals, even if you can kill things faster, there is longer downtime regenning HP between fights.

hehe who talks about single classed chars?

havent been they exterminated and extincted??

this is the first time i heared about a pure single class ^^

My alt is almost a pure- 7 mage <flame,ice,energy attack> 2 cleric <T1 gifts and raises> and 53 zerker. I find that I like having him to be pure, he kills just fine, and can almost kill a lvl 81 marble solo. So some classes are good solo.
    Paladin is a good class, but I still think they need a little power boost.

Thread Information