Thread: Sound card detection

Daeanor

Default Sound card detection

I've seen screen shots of the audio options tab that show settings for environmental audio. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Pro XP, and all I have is volume, and check boxes to turn music and effects on or off. It would seem HZ doesn't detect my card properly. Is there a setting I can tweak in a def or ini file somewhere that will open up these extended options for me?

You got all that there is

There used to be more of a selection of what you could do with the Audio. If memory serves me correct, they removed many of the options because it was more buggy then it was worth having in there at the moment. Perhaps some day in the future, those problems will be solved and they will allow us more options with the sound in the game.

Until then... I am personally more then happy that they at least give me the choice to modify the sound lvls.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Daeanor

Ah, so the screenshot I saw was old.

What's specifically driving me nuts is that if anyone in range is fighting, I hear their battle sounds just like it was me fighting ... no indication of how far away or in what direction. I've gotten kind of used to far better sound in MMO's.

The new sound engine still has some bugs in it as well as all the features haven't made it in game.

Thread Information