Thread: xxxNature's Bastion Task(s)

Default xxxNature's Bastion Task(s)

Anyone know why these "xxx" appeared in the Quest window?

I don't remember seeing any mention in the patch notes. I know the monsters were changed, but AE stated the progress on our quests would not be affected by the shard merge. After all, I still have the old "Howls in the Dark" quest.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Default Re: xxxNature's Bastion Task(s)

Just in case, opened support ticket 71101 . . . saying:

I just noted they were prefixed with "xxx". I did a search of "Bastion" in Knowledge base and 10/26/04 Live notes.

What is the status of these quests - for the Bone Guards and Bone Guards?

Please remember, it was stated that quest progress would NOT be affected by the shard merger. I am 3/5, 1/5, 5/5 and 4/5, 3/5, 5/5 done on them.

Did I miss the warning these quests were being affected by the monster movements?

- - - -
    And yes, the monsters likely have been removed from Istaria for some reason.

But many of our completed adventure tasks were restated with new monsters . . . thus it is reasonable for this quest to be completed by new monsters. Or some partial reward given.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Have the same issue and I made a tech support ticket about it as well. It hasn't been responded to yet due to the multiple day backlog.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Got this from AE on October 28 . . .

J----,

Typically the "xxx" in front means they are being made obsolete. In this case though I am unsure so I have forwarded this matter to the Live team to review.

Sincerely,

Amon Gwareth

Horizons Customer Support

- - - - -
    Reply to support ticket:

I thought so . . but my Titus vs. Dalimond era quest "Howls in the Dark" should be "xxxHowls in the Dark", correct? My character has not learned anything of werewolves to tell to Templar Pishanagh in Tower of Clerics.

Anyway . . . like the restated quests, don't the druids still have "Protect our tower" tasks but with different monsters?

So it seems we are doubly out of these X Bone Guards and Y Bone Piercers - both removed from the game (thus moving Dragon Breath loot only splinters to other creatures and these Tower of Nature quests).

- - - - -

Changes made without thinking through ramifications . . . AE loves to do it.

The Wanderer

The same happened to two of my quests. Opened a support ticket on them back on 10/26. Still no word of any fix. No idea when anything will be corrected or how.

Hope we hear something soon.

Received official word from Zideon...

xxxQuest Namexxx are officially retired and should be axed.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

The Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    Received official word from Zideon...

Thought Zideon was on vacation or some such and Amon was taking care of such pronouncements.

The Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Gliding Frost wrote: Received official word from Zideon...

Thought Zideon was on vacation or some such and Amon was taking care of such pronouncements.
    My mistake. Just got a message from Zideon. He says "The quests with the XX in front of them are obsolete basically. They are either being reworked or removed because they are time sensitive. I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes."

Since the Nature Bastion Quests have been reworked and still in game, my suggestion is to not delete them and wait until they are converted to the new creatures so you can keep your kill count.

Zideon Locke

These quests are basically obsolete or being reworked. I cannot say which ones right now are being reworked and which ones are dumped but I will try to get more info on this as soon as I can.

Interesting to know would be what will be changed with the banners. The nature tokens are to buy these forms and DC form. But at current state banners are totaly useless.Each use of a banner consums a special trophy.Flamebeetlecaraparce/spiderling silk for beginner and flame/energybonesplinter for JM. In the past thebeginner trophys hab been easy to getand the JM had no other use than banners.
    Now there is no more spiderlingsilk and the other trophys are used for techs and are very rare. Noone burs out 10s for a small 3 minutes groupbuff!
    I spend some hundred nature tokens for these forms and techs. Please AE. Give them any use.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

The Wanderer

I have a Darkstaff quest (from before merge) that changed sometime after merge and was converted to the new creature(s). So there is hope that the right thing will be done and the effort that was put into the quests that were affected adversely by the 10/26 patch is not lost.

The Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Zideon Locke
    These quests are basically obsolete or being reworked. I cannot say which ones right now are being reworked and which ones are dumped but I will try to get more info on this as soon as I can.
    These quests have already been reworked and changed to new creatures. Why would they now be dumped (removed from game)?

The Wanderer

Any chance of getting a Dev to answer this thread before the end of the year?

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

I deleted my old xxxNature's Bastion quests and just took the new ones. Have completed them and taken the next level and am glad I did not try to keep the old ones, despite the fact that they were 3/4 completed. The new tasks seem more reasonable, or at least attaining them was not so impossible as the prior ones seemed. Part of that may bemy considerably higher adv level than when I took the obsolete quests, but I do think that the new requirements are better. (4 each of 4 specific levels of critter, and higher level critters don't seem to click your quest counter, only the specifically named levels -- I could be wrong about that, but that's how it seemed to me).

Thread Information