Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nature Immunity

Default Nature Immunity

Here is a suggestion for EI. REMOVE the nature immunities TG placed. TG's whole reign was not unlike the Bush regime. They did this game alot of harm which is not theoretically irreparable because it could be repaired but it realistically irreparable because I doubt it ever will be. I wish I would have been around at the beginning to play longer before TG aquired it from AE.

Anywho, my main class is druid and I don't appreciate the nerfs. I happen to like fighting T6 and as a druid I dont have alot of offensive power to begin with. Melee and Arcane classes kill faster. This is a cartload of bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Here is a suggestion for EI. REMOVE the nature immunities TG placed. TG's whole reign was not unlike the Bush regime. They did this game alot of harm which is not theoretically irreparable because it could be repaired but it realistically irreparable because I doubt it ever will be. I wish I would have been around at the beginning to play longer before TG aquired it from AE.

Anywho, my main class is druid and I don't appreciate the nerfs. I happen to like fighting T6 and as a druid I dont have alot of offensive power to begin with. Melee and Arcane classes kill faster. This is a cartload of bs.
    Where do you get off bringing politics into the mix sir? and Hey, genius, AE and TG are the same, just dumping of the old debt and changing the name on the door.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

WTB: Easy Button...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

maybe EI should take a look on the nature resistances and balance it if it is broken

but maybe this works like intended?

Well at some point the resistance feel simply stupid - well because it's no resistance, but a total immunity.
    I'm talking about stuff like this:
    Having a hunt for undeads on the satyr island, something like 1750 attack skill, 1850 STR, Melee with Guardian force active - so converting to nature. Killing Vexators, Abomination, all np, Aegror also no problem, the usually adding T2, T3, T4 necrofly also np...but wait that lvl 40 fly is one of the smart one, so you do zero dmg on it, so changing buffs - kill it - change back.
    Heck, if you think mob's are not smart inough, make them smarter instead of adding stupid abilitys which are simply overpowered - anyone remember the 60k or something area attack from Fafnir?

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Well at some point the resistance feel simply stupid - well because it's no resistance, but a total immunity.
    I'm talking about stuff like this:
    Having a hunt for undeads on the satyr island, something like 1750 attack skill, 1850 STR, Melee with Guardian force active - so converting to nature. Killing Vexators, Abomination, all np, Aegror also no problem, the usually adding T2, T3, T4 necrofly also np...but wait that lvl 40 fly is one of the smart one, so you do zero dmg on it, so changing buffs - kill it - change back.
    Heck, if you think mob's are not smart inough, make them smarter instead of adding stupid abilitys which are simply overpowered - anyone remember the 60k or something area attack from Fafnir?

Why you ask? because its easier to throw in a total immunity to something (in this case nature to stop the AoE farmers) than it is make the mobs smarter.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

got fafnir changed? do he now deal less damage?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    WTB: Easy Button...
    Explain Klaus. Arcane nukes and warriors kill way faster than druids. Where is the easy button? Taking everything level 120 (as well as all fyakki) and making it nature immune is nothing but a huge nerf to the mystics. Druids are strong defensively (though not as strong as healers or clerics) but weak offensively. Given enough time, as master druid, I can kill pulls. Take me to any spawn where there are other master classes (all ungrouped) and I will play my heart out but never be able to loot a single corpse. I know this because I have tried it many times. Druids are weak offensively. The nature immunities on mobs are a blatant nerf and it is not called for nor justified. Druids have 2 AoE spells whereas arcane has 3 and dragons have 4. What the heck?

Oh and Seranthor, while the name facelift of AE to TG may be true, I was playing before it and never saw anything added to the game other than general fixes to improve the game for everyone. First things that happened after the change though were flooding the game with hoard and lots of content specifically for one race.... dragons... such as ARoP. That also happened to be the filler content in the middle... lairs and lairshaping, and the ending content... flying cargo disks, and well... heck thats about the only content changes I have noticed. Oh wait there are a few more that come to mind but they are all biped nerfs. So you see I wish I had been playing longer before all the massive biped nerfs, back when experience gain and grouping were much different, and before things stopped being masterable or perfect spellable, or nature immune.
    Last edited by Tarran of Chaos; July 26th, 2006 at 03:15 PM.

(...) Arcane nukes and warriors kill way faster than druids. (...)
    Would it ease your mind a little bit to contemplate the armor some arcane nukers have to wear?

Poggle, the flaxen-clad nightmare of mobs
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Wow, that is the most unnecessary comment I have ever seen. Surprised it didnt get thrown in the rant section just for that.

On topic, total immunity is not quite fair to nature users. I know of no mobs that are 100% immune to fire. Sure they have about 80% immunity. I suppose the problem is the nature stun which happens so frequently, which is why they nerfed it? Not clear on the issue here.
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Would it ease your mind a little bit to contemplate the armor some arcane nukers have to wear?

Poggle, the flaxen-clad nightmare of mobs
    Thats your tradeoff. You get more nukes and bigger multicast with less armor but also a high melee ward so you get hit alot less. What I want is my share of the tradeoff. With a few nature immune mobs in each pull they are castrating my class.

One day when this game dies my eulogy shall read "castrated at birth as a half giant, they clipped him everywhere else cuz he was a druid."

You are of the assumption that you should be pulling large groups of mobs, you aren't, so your complaints are invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    You are of the assumption that you should be pulling large groups of mobs, you aren't, so your complaints are invalid.
    hahahah dude youre following me all over the forums. Anyway, the key to leveling IS pulling large groups of mobs. I can and have for a long time. However now with the nature immunities I am hampered because of the class I chose. That is a horrible way to nerf. It needs to be rescinded.

Thats your tradeoff. You get more nukes and bigger multicast with less armor but also a high melee ward so you get hit alot less. What I want is my share of the tradeoff. With a few nature immune mobs in each pull they are castrating my class.

One day when this game dies my eulogy shall read "castrated at birth as a half giant, they clipped him everywhere else cuz he was a druid."
    Melee ward barely works anymore liked it used to. It is a nice boon to have as a multiclassed melee guy, but as a pure mage, the effect is useless. Mobs have too high of attack skill now a days.
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Druid has heals, AoEs, stuns, and the big killer - CoT. If druid had really been nerfed into such uselessness, it wouldn't be such a popular class with mass killers/farmers. Nature resistance was added because of the effectiveness of druids at killing specific farmable mobs.

As far as making mobs smarter, look at the current aggro system. This is a very smart aggro system; any time a mob aggros on you, it sends out a call and any creature it is social with within that call radius comes to its aid. The new creatures send out their own calls, so more friends respond. The effect mimics what happens when a player calls for help or when there is a WM-directed attack.

You might have noticed that most people hate it.

Mobs can be made very smart. The problem is that, like now, if you make them too smart, it will provoke a huge backlash from the player base. One idea Manga floated at one point was to make fyakki a hive mind. Attack one fyakki in a region, EVERY fyakki is immediatly alerted, goes aggro, sends out assistance calls, and the resulting "commotion" has a chance of being noticed by nearby heavy hitters, who then come to investigate.

Balancing aggro takes a long time and (as we can see now) sometimes the results are unacceptable. It must be done on a live server because changes cannot be tested except by looking at trends over a large number of encounters. Seranthor is correct; if there is a quick fix to a problem and a long, involved, detailed fix to a problem, resource limitations dictate that the quick solution be implemented. Yes, the time could be spent to do a comprehensive revision of aggro, but that would further delay the biped love you keep asking for.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Druid has heals, AoEs, stuns, and the big killer - CoT. If druid had really been nerfed into such uselessness, it wouldn't be such a popular class with mass killers/farmers. Nature resistance was added because of the effectiveness of druids at killing specific farmable mobs.
    Oh yes... our 2 AoE's. Like I said arcane has 3 and dragons 4. Our CoT is quite generic. Youll find spiked scales, glaring quills, pulsing spectrum, etc out there too. As it is our AoE spells are weak in comparison and like I said our cloak of thorns is our only mainstay and its only effective offensively used as defense, and as I said its rather generic. We dont get any quick kills and are a very offensively weak class. Our best role is always healer support. The nature immunity is bunk.

You're ignoring Dark Cyclone. How many people take druid just for that, hmm?

Pleading that CoT is "generic" - what's that supposed to mean? From the context, I assume it's supposed to be derogatory. I'm going to guess your intention was to connote that CoT is somehow feeble or underpowered, perhaps even useless except in specific situations.

Please.

CoT does unstoppable damage. You can kill a group of mobs by doing nothing but standing there and healing yourself while they die on CoT. You can root and stun adds, you have very nice heal access PLUS a strong HoT, you have a melee stun, and you have an area root. How can you claim to be "weak" with a straight face?

Seriously, your grass is pretty ******** green as it is. Claiming that you are gimped and that all these other folks have it easy is what's "bunk". You want to kill like an AoE nuker? That's easy. Level mage. If your "build" is so lame, it's up to you to fix it. You're the one that picked it out.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Oh yes... our 2 AoE's. Like I said arcane has 3 and dragons 4. Our CoT is quite generic. Youll find spiked scales, glaring quills, pulsing spectrum, etc out there too. As it is our AoE spells are weak in comparison and like I said our cloak of thorns is our only mainstay and its only effective offensively used as defense, and as I said its rather generic. We dont get any quick kills and are a very offensively weak class. Our best role is always healer support. The nature immunity is bunk.
    Are you truly expecting any veteran to buy into this steaming pile of equine fecal matter? Or is this a ploy to mislead the new PTBs into further imbalancing druids in your favor? I mean if being a druid is truly as brutally painful as you claim it is why are there so many druids out there?

Well my point wasn't any high resists against nature from time to time, for me it just feel wrong that a lvl 40 Mob has a immunity which prevent's any dmg independend to the power of your attack. Sry, it might be just me, but for me that feels just wrong.
    But hey if you really like it, how about a new kind of nature imunity ablity for Druids and/or Shamans, which cuts down any incoming nature dmg down to zero?

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Just to be a fly in the ointment.... Druid is probably one of the most well rounded class, despite all the "nerfs". If you wanna talk nerf, talk monks and disciples who can't hit, have limited heals without multiclassing, and also can't wear great armor.

Finally, we all have a choice of what class we pick. I know I continue to play my storm disciple not because of its 'uberness' but because I like it (and for the nifty nature spells).

My 2 cents. Later
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Thread Information