Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post annoying "little" bugs for EI to see :)

Ice Barrier Conjurer ability. The animation ALWAYS appears on the caster as opposed to the recipient of the barrier.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Tigris

A few right off the top of my head:

- When changing from Khutit to Dragon or back, the character switches immediately, reverts back, then animates the changing. And then the game client pauses, lagging, and you find yourself turned 90-degrees to the left.

- When accessing structure storage, your inventory stops displaying your cash.

- When upgrading your vault, changing gear, and logging out - all your items fall into the VOID, and then the 'stray item finder script' runs and finds them all and puts them back in your vault. You log back in with an upgraded vault, but your gear all where they were BEFORE you changed them out.

- Storm Disciple fist glowy noise is really... really... really... really... REALLY ANNOYING!!!

- You can't move items around on a structure (like a house). You have to take them out, move them around, and then move them back. You also can't move a whole bag of stuff onto a house, but have to move the bag first, then the items.

- When a Khutit gathers essence, he smacks it with his fist over and over again - it's kinda obscene.
    Last edited by Tigris; July 31st, 2006 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris
    A few right off the top of my head:
    - When a Khutit gathers essence, he smacks it with his fist over and over again - it's kinda obscene.
    Hahaha... More obscene than beating eggs out of a chicken? Besides it's kind of fitting. Harvesting via intimidation.

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Tigris

Or beating a cow with a bucket? ^.^ Or a well? Istarian Crafting: Harvesting through violence!

bottlecaps - for some reason they don't stack.

-If you have your quest journal already open when you complete the next step in a quest (say, after returning some needed items to an NPC)
    ALL quests open inside the journal, making you go back and minimize them.

--------------VERY ANNOYING!-------------

Please make it harder to delete your main chat window! If you right click it, there is the word "close" and sometimes you can confuse that and press it, thinking that you are deleting a chat TAB. Well your whole chat window dissapears, and it takes a while to re-setup all your channels and colors etc after that. And, if a newbie does this, he'd probably have a heart attack, and have no way to ask anybody how to get the chat window back!

-please have a popup window asking if you are SURE you want to close the chat window, if it is listed as your MAIN.

-for the sake of newbies cardiac health, have a popup window of help come up should the main chat window be closed, explaining how you can create a new one. (By going to the jewel, clicking on "chat".)

oddly enough it used to be the opposite... something i put in a support request for long before it was "fixed".. used to be it closed the details on all other quests if you had the quest window open.. now it opens the details on everything. they just couldn't seem to get that one right...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris

- Storm Disciple fist glowy noise is really... really... really... really... REALLY ANNOYING!!!
    Yup, so is the feedback spam when using Aura of Fire I while Fire Sheath is up (not that Aura of Fire I is ever worth using; do what, 0-10 damage?)...
    'Gremblthrg cannot have Aura of Fire I because Fire Sheath III is active' or something like that... EVERY 30 SECONDS FOR HALF AN HOUR. *sigh*

(For those not in the know, they are Flame Disciple abilities - Fire Sheath is the self only damage shield, Aura of Fire I is the group damage shield aura which has been broken since day 1.)
    - Grem

On the khutit bug:
    A workaround is flying up to max height then coming back down. This makes you appear normal again for everyone I know that has tried it.

Wrong equipment screen:
    Workaround: close equipment screen and in a chat box type /loadui

My annoying bug is a set of teched, dyed kenaf cargo wristbands that appear as bright orange both to myself and others. That one was first turned in by me in oh...January 2004.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I noticed that when I write in the notepad thingy alot, log off, then log back on, I can only see part of what I write. I think the reason is because there is no scrolly bar on there. I hope they do put a scrolly bar on that thing. *hint hint*

There are graphic coloring flaws on sslisks where their claws and the tip of their tail take on the color of their armor.

Dragons can "glide" through the Rift, allowing them to avoid all non boss combat in AROP.

Spawn NPCs in the Rift often spawn somthing other than the boss they are supposed to.

Game frame rate still falls far behind other games with similar graphics.

When set to lower graphic detal, water often doesn't appear untill you are right on top of it, causing large planes to appear to be missing on the serface untill you are right on top of it. Missing view distance pices like this should allways be covered by fog.

Many dragon's belly colors, incluiding mine, stop abruptly at the upper throat/neck scales, giving an artificial appearance to the model.

Floating crystals in Chichonis often double up, an animated version overlapping a static version.

Most of the time you can't see mobs untill you are on top of them.

A super-major constuction experience exploit exists which I will not utter here. See Ticket number 6078 for all the details.

The Kutit bugs, which I have allready mentioned in detail in another thread.

With lots of travel, by portal or by wing, the game hoards more and more memory without freeing any untill it can barely run. Framerate drops dramatically as memory usage accumulates. The only way to fix the problem is to log out and back in.

Many don't consider this a bug, but I do. There is a /setsize (i think that's it) command available that allows player to change the size of themselves on their client, so they can go places they should not be able to. It is argued that it is a useful tool because it allows you to also change the size of other entities in the game, for instance a corpse to loot what is underneath it. But as long as it allows a player to do what he aught not, I consider it an exploit and a bug.

Mobs often remain standing when dead, and targetable as a live entity, making it hard to -nearest target- those who are still attacking.

Last I saw one, the female satyr's low level detail model was still broken. Granted the high level of detail model was fixed some time ago.
    Last edited by CallakDW; August 18th, 2006 at 12:19 AM.

You don't need to switch between a biped and a dragon to get that first one, Justa. You just need the dragon's equipment window open when you log out to reproduce it.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Oddly, I've never had that problem, and I leave mine open all the time. bah... "This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 23 seconds." dangit, some people might want to know this.

Oh another one just occurred to my group last night:
    Sometiems a player dies, but not to all players.

Unsure if this one was already said, but I think it hasn't.

When you are harvesting with a disk, and your inventory is full, but your disk isn't full but has a certain resource, you are unable to gather.

Also bad is that when your inventory is almost full, you are gathering normally and everything is piling into your disk, you get a bonus resource, become overburdened, and the whole harvesting thing stops, even with a ton of space in the disk and the resource you are harvesting is already in the disk.

Have a nice day.
    ACKNOWLEDGE//SUBMIT!

I'm not sure what you mean by a "certain resource".. you sure you aren't using a Tarbash where you can only have one stack?

As for getting bonus resources, just delete those and go on gathering like normal.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

I think the meanin is that if you are filling a tarbash with your invantory nearly full and you get a bonus resource that cannot go on the disk because it's a different item type, then it defaults to your invantory, which then makes you overburdoned and stops your harvesting. I don't personally see a way that can or should be fixed since you shouldn't be able to harvest if you are overburdoned. Other than removing bonus materials that are different from the nodes all together.

Thread Information