Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mithril Golems

from what I have observed, the problem with mith golems in mith's anvil is not only spawn #s, but density. I have recently finished up two and half complete suits of gear (armor/jewelry) requiring 50+ mith frags. I find that there are 2-3 spawn locations where you will commonly find 4-5 golems packed together, then no golems everywhere else. I managed to get my frags no problem (with a large amount of time though), but you have to learn the spawn areas. I figured out that when I killed 4 in one place, there would be another 4 spawning in a different location shortly.
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

I heard that the Mithril Golems have mostly moved out, due to feeling unwanted. They went east somewhere. I think there was a border dispute as well along the north side of the canyons, those plots in Mithril's Anvil apparently encroached a bit in the Mithril Golems' native habitit.

Anyway, they got pissed and moved...

Excellent Lore G, keep up the good work

Jayne

;D

I love it G!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Hey, I tried to make them feel welcome! I put a smelter as close to the spawn as I could get it...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

There on strike, they want Jayne to own the plots

They said they might move in if a lair gets put in right next to the mine. They want "Protections" and other assurances.

I happened on 2 other people both actively searching the frags in vain yesterday. One for a set of armor. One for a set of mining scales. I ended up having a nice guy seek me out to sell me frags at a reasonable cost that he had held onto from back in the day, but that doesnt help the 4 other people I know trying for them. As heavily used as they are, there should be a big spawn. As for the 4 here/4 there theory... nothing I have seen has shown that to be the case on Chaos. Maybe they are just in stealth mode and dont show up on F10 radar anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I heard that the Mithril Golems have mostly moved out, due to feeling unwanted. They went east somewhere. I think there was a border dispute as well along the north side of the canyons, those plots in Mithril's Anvil apparently encroached a bit in the Mithril Golems' native habitit.

Anyway, they got pissed and moved...
    Perhaps they need to designate it as a wildlife refuge for the indigenous mithril golems and clear out the plots there to encourage them to stay in their territory. I am all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    I happened on 2 other people both actively searching the frags in vain yesterday. One for a set of armor. One for a set of mining scales. I ended up having a nice guy seek me out to sell me frags at a reasonable cost that he had held onto from back in the day, but that doesnt help the 4 other people I know trying for them. As heavily used as they are, there should be a big spawn. As for the 4 here/4 there theory... nothing I have seen has shown that to be the case on Chaos. Maybe they are just in stealth mode and dont show up on F10 radar anymore :P
    I am indeed on chaos =)

I learned that whenever you are searching for a particular mob, always have a macro like this:

/select mithril golem
    /select mithril boulder golem

etc
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dravatar
    While I do not dispute that more than just yourself need these comps, three people (you and two guildmates) are not exactly justification for claiming a "broad spectrum need of the playerbase," in my opinion.
    Considering I associate with about 10 people on a daily basis in game, the fact that 4 of them are searching for mith frags for personal use alone could be shown as 40% of my peers searching for them for personal use. Take into consideration the component hawkers and that figure will rise.

Obviously I have no way of knowing whoever else is searching for them but they are a very heavily used T5 component. Again, the newer (or returning players) are penalized as they still have yet to tech their sets of T5. That's bad for growth.

Considering I associate with about 10 people on a daily basis in game, the fact that 4 of them are searching for mith frags for personal use alone could be shown as 40% of my peers searching for them for personal use. Take into consideration the component hawkers and that figure will rise.

Obviously I have no way of knowing whoever else is searching for them but they are a very heavily used T5 component. Again, the newer (or returning players) are penalized as they still have yet to tech their sets of T5. That's bad for growth.
    Tarran, add my name to the list of folks not looking for them, I have over 200 mithril golem frags stashed in my vault from my days digging mith.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

I looked for some the other day, found 1 golem south of Wolf's Paw, then didn't find any others after running through the rest of MA and recalled out of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    I looked for some the other day, found 1 golem south of Wolf's Paw, then didn't find any others after running through the rest of MA and recalled out of boredom.
    Exactly. I have seen reduced numbers at the other T5 spawns as well. By and by the newer players are penalized. Reduced spawns. Experience gain nerfs in both crafting and adventure. The only ones who profit from this are those who already have their teched armor and spell arsenals and have done the majority of their leveling already. It's getting to be more "grind times" than "good times". EI has a chance to turn that around and end the more recent economic depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Tarran, add my name to the list of folks not looking for them, I have over 200 mithril golem frags stashed in my vault from my days digging mith.
    My point exactly
    Back in the days when mithril golems were plentiful and mithril wasnt an alloy... back when you could powerlevel an adv class in two days at the purple necroflies... the good ol days eh? Must be nice.

My point exactly
    Back in the days when mithril golems were plentiful and mithril wasnt an alloy... back when you could powerlevel an adv class in two days at the purple necroflies... the good ol days eh? Must be nice.
    I wouldn't know about purple necroflies and all the PLing going on there... I never did it.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information